Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JordanMacLover

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Canada
I was fooling around with the itunes visualizer yesterday and found some editing options :D I don't know if they've been posted before so I'm putting them up now:apple:
In the visualizer press the ? button (no shift) to get a list of all the shortcuts.

press M to change the mode (different visualizer styles, This is my favorite one ;))

press P to "Change palette" (color:confused:) (Don't Use this one)

Press I to display track info

Press C to toggle auto cycle (On by default)

Press F to pause animation (pretty cool the camera still moves the streams are frozen :D)

Press N to turn on or off "Nebula Mode" (That fog coming out of the circles)

Finally: Press L to lock or unlock camera :D

Hope this will help some people :apple:

JordanMacLover

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Canada
I can't check, but I think Apple + T while music is playing

Exactly right Cmnd/:apple: and the T button will open the visualizer in the iTunes window. Also pressing Cmnd F with the visualizer on will make it full screen:)
There is also an option in the iTunes menu that will cause the visualizer to start in full screen automatically

iTunes>Preferences>Advanced>Display visualizer full screen

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
Wirelessly posted (Newton: MessagePad 2100 (StrongARM; SA-110 162 MHz; CPU Newton OS 2_1 like Mac OS 9; en-us) Nethopper/101.01

Did you find a way to get the Visualizer to display the frame rate?

JordanMacLover

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Canada
Wirelessly posted (Newton: MessagePad 2100 (StrongARM; SA-110 162 MHz; CPU Newton OS 2_1 like Mac OS 9; en-us) Nethopper/101.01

Did you find a way to get the Visualizer to display the frame rate?

no:( but I did find some "Unlabled" shortcuts from:
http://www.macworld.com/article/135762/2008/09/itunes8visualizer.html?lsrc=rss_main

+ and -: Increase or decrease the intensity (brightness) of the particles; multiple presses further increase or decrease the intensity.

A and S: Add or Subtract particles to the visualizer. You can make the visualizer as complex (or sparse) as you wish.

R: Reset the intensity and particle count to their default values.

E: When in nebula mode (press N), this greatly accentuates the nebula clouds, making them very easy to see. (If you've used the M key to change modes, you may find that the nebula clouds aren't visible; it seems they're only used in certain modes.)

Enjoy :p:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.