Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgalvin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2004

Attachments

• a7_1.jpg
    a7_1.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,053

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
btw, probably no need to mention this, but the auction is a SCAM.

the account is a jacked one.

Peyote

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2002
I hope someone has reported this to eBay.

I tried to but had problems with my browser

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2002
I agree, it's quite nice. It's in the "old style" of Apple design, though, like the Cube and Quicksilver designs.

Still, it's very attractive. Wouldn't mind an iMac G5 with a similar design. :D

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Ebay Scammer

You are bidding on the Power Mac G5 DUAL 2GHz system. “The worlds first 64-bit personal computer.” This unit was refurbished by APPLE and includes a full 1 year warranty. RETAIL Price of the dual G5 is over $3000!! Buy it now and save $100’s. Unit is unopned in sealed box from APPLE.

Starting bid: US $2,630.00

Buy It Now price: US $2,700.00
Apple Store Refurbished Machine

Power Mac G5 DUAL 2GHz 512MB/160GB/SuperDrive/GigE/56K Add $2,399.00
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

themadchemist

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2003
Chi Town
Originally posted by jrv3034
I agree, it's quite nice. It's in the "old style" of Apple design, though, like the Cube and Quicksilver designs.

Still, it's very attractive. Wouldn't mind an iMac G5 with a similar design. :D

true, but the iMac would need a display attached.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
thats a old picture, with all of you artist types here im surprised we dont have a thread about what the next Imac will look like. we know its coming, will it be a all new G5 unit or will it be just a slightly modified current Imac? Plastic or aluminum, speakers built in or like the pro's?

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
I don't know why you are so quick to assume its a scam. If someone doesn't have a digital camera and is searching around on the web, they might come up with that. Stupid, yes. We'll wait and ask the winner.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by carletonmusic
I don't know why you are so quick to assume its a scam. If someone doesn't have a digital camera and is searching around on the web, they might come up with that. Stupid, yes. We'll wait and ask the winner.
If you want to pay $301 more to a questionable eBay source (who can't even get a correct picture) for a machine you can buy for LESS direct from Apple, be my guest.

Myself I'd avoid it like the plague it is, and would willingly brand the word SUCKER into any buyers forehead.

Because I think any buyer deserves something for their $2700

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003

check his ratings. he's sold/bought a bunch of small household items, all under $100.

now, all of a sudden, he's got a $3000 computer selling for 10% less, with a wrong picture (if he's actually got the box, then he should know what a G5 looks like) and giving discount for check/cash payment. geez. :rolleyes:

themadchemist

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2003
Chi Town

I imagine that 99% of the sites one searches for will offer up the correct picture. http://www.apple.com/g5 comes to mind as a site that WOULD have given him the right picture and OUGHT to have been obvious...if he actually made a mistake.

I don't want to ask the "winner" anything, because that individual will be so upset that he/she will be a danger to himself/herself as well as others.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
those are hard drives so i guess who ever dreamed this up had the idea of it holding multiple hardrives in a compartment that opens for the drives and then closes. it had a neat movie showing it. I still wonder if Apples next Imac might have a place to hold the ipod or miniipod.

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
Originally posted by Dont Hurt Me
those are hard drives so i guess who ever dreamed this up had the idea of it holding multiple hardrives in a compartment that opens for the drives and then closes. it had a neat movie showing it. I still wonder if Apples next Imac might have a place to hold the ipod or miniipod.

As I'm ongoingly developing cool ideas for the ipod in my head, how's this:

A drive compartment for the iMac or PowerMac or even for a car stereo, that looks a bit like a casette tape holder, but has a similar mechanism to a slot loading cd drive.

You push your ipod in, dock connector first, and it swallows it up like the slot loading drive. It connects and allows you to use it, then you eject it similarly, push the button and it splits it out slowly, elegantly. This would be SO cool in a car!!

Hob

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.