Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I bought a brand new sealed Invisible Shield for my iPod Touch 1st gen.

I applied it about 3 weeks ago and the back one fit in very well, but not the front one. To the point where lint would accumilate on both top edges of the touch, on the front where lint would seem to stick little by little.

I take the front shield off and boy was there quite a bit. I continued to spray to solution onto the shield but after 30 minutes of trying, not all of the lint would come off. Plus the top corners def. look like they won't ever go back to normal, normal as the bottom corners of the shield.

What can I do about this? I'd rather find a solution than take advantage of invisible shields free lifetime replacement thing...but iono...thoughts?

anyone run into the same issue? perhaps you pocket your Touch all day too?:apple::D

Obama

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2008
I don't have a solution but I have a tip for the next skin you get. Let it dry/cure for more than 48 hours. As hard as it is not to use the device for that long, It's worth it in the long run. When it's fully dry, you won't have the lint issues.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Yeah, last time I let it sit for 24 hours. A whole Jack Bauer day and it was dreadful...I've really become attached to my ipod touch...

Man...!

Guess i'm gonna have to fax them my receipt and hope they'll send me a replacement..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.