PDA

View Full Version : **I got my Mac Etched**

MPHL
Oct 22, 2008, 05:57 AM
I am really really having a hard time deciding if I should get my MBP laser etched or not and would love to see pictures of everyone that Has had theirs done before.

itickings
Oct 22, 2008, 06:36 AM
Not sure if I'd laser etch a MBP if I ever get one, but a quick search on Flickr for images of those things almost changed my mind.

Given the right image, it can look very good. Designing the right one on the other hand probably isn't easy...

iBlue
Oct 22, 2008, 06:43 AM
It can look pretty fantastic in/on some cases, as it were. :p

Have a search around (you can use the MRoogle link in my sig, uses google to search the site which can bring better results than the stock vBulletin search) and have a look at some of the threads that have been posted on it.

P.S. what a misleading thread title, I was expecting photos, not a thread asking for them, damn it.

Abstract
Oct 22, 2008, 07:25 AM
Yeah, very deceiving. I was quite excited to see some photos of the Apple symbol laser etched onto your body, and that you were suffering the negative consequences of the scarring.

I'm disappointed that you're still healthy. :(

pagansoul
Oct 22, 2008, 08:14 AM
Here are a few pictures that I got off the web.

koobcamuk
Oct 22, 2008, 08:51 AM
Here are a few pictures that I got off the web.

I love the first one.

ashleeyaBit
Oct 22, 2008, 09:02 AM
I love these. especially the first and second one.

koobcamuk
Oct 22, 2008, 09:22 AM
I love these. especially the first and second one.

where can we get this done in the UK?

Melrose
Oct 22, 2008, 09:30 AM
Those are cool, but I prefer my Mac to be all natural.

joe.cavers
Oct 22, 2008, 11:11 AM
where can we get this done in the UK?

Yea that's what I'd like to know, if the price is right this could be cool.

JC

P.S Off topic I know, but Melrose, nice avatar :)

upsguy27
Nov 2, 2008, 07:45 PM
P.S Off topic I know, but Melrose, nice avatar :)

Niel Patrick Harris! Woo! :D

Lurchdubious
Nov 2, 2008, 07:54 PM
Niel Patrick Harris! Woo! :D

LOL!!

I really like some of those etchings. WHERE CAN I GET THIS DONE, AND HOW MUCH$$???

Schtumple
Nov 2, 2008, 07:57 PM
I'd love to have mine etched in some trippy psychedelic artwork, but the resale value drops so badly, it's really not worth it.

upsguy27
Nov 2, 2008, 07:57 PM
LOL!!

I really like some of those etchings. WHERE CAN I GET THIS DONE, AND HOW MUCH$$???

Ta-dah!!! (http://www.etchamac.com/)

backsidetailsli
Nov 2, 2008, 10:44 PM
I'd love to have mine etched in some trippy psychedelic artwork, but the resale value drops so badly, it's really not worth it.

well it looks like they send you a lid. so you can always put the original back on

Lurchdubious
Nov 2, 2008, 11:21 PM
Ta-dah!!! (http://www.etchamac.com/)

wow that's cool. I just built a tribal one on that site. $185 will never get past the wife, lol. Oh well. Maybe someday.

EV0LUTION
Nov 16, 2008, 01:13 AM
wow those are awesome. will do when apple care expires

Cyberjenks
Nov 18, 2008, 12:55 PM
Ive been a PC modder for well lets just say a LONG time. (I have even won big contests in this respect). But daammmm thouse note books look sweet. I would go as fare to say yes even Super sweet. I might have to get my own macbook just to do it. Very cool.:cool::cool::D

Have you guys seen the Window kit for the Pro on ebay....a window with a little etching might be nice to...ok I'm blamming you guys when my wife asks me where her macbook went.

ucfgrad93
Nov 18, 2008, 01:02 PM
Those are cool, but I prefer my Mac to be all natural.

I agree. Most of them look great on other people's computers, but I would never risk mine.

deorg
Dec 6, 2008, 11:03 PM
Ill do it if would not devaluate de price of the laptop... (I always sell the old one to buy the new one)
But it looks so cool

andrewdale
Dec 7, 2008, 08:43 AM
I agree. Most of them look great on other people's computers, but I would never risk mine.

I would just be afraid of it not being EXACTLY centered both vertically and horizontally. As OCD as I would be about it, I could never get it back and it would forever be something I'd notice.