PDA

View Full Version : Is Genius really getting smarter?

Diatribe
Oct 22, 2008, 10:35 AM
I was wondering whether Genius is getting smarter for you guys. Has the quality of the playlists changed over time for you, has it been the same?

For me I have seen no difference whatsoever. I was hoping for an accuracy like Pandora but I am not sure if it will ever get to be that accurate.

What's your take on it?

arkitect
Oct 22, 2008, 10:38 AM
While Pandora continues to astonish and amaze me the so called iTunes Genius feature is a distinct failure.
If a track is not on iTunes there is little chance of any recommendation.
I have no idea what use it is.

D-

:mad:

Diatribe
Oct 22, 2008, 12:22 PM
While Pandora continues to astonish and amaze me the so called iTunes Genius feature is a distinct failure.
If a track is not on iTunes there is little chance of any recommendation.
I have no idea what use it is.

D-

:mad:

I agree with you partly, although I don't see it as a complete failure I am underwhelmed by it.

I wish Apple had just bought Pandora. It is the most incredible thing I have ever used and was so sad when they closed it to everyone outside the US.

That's why I am hoping that Genius will evolve over time as Jobs said but so far I don't see this happening.

smwatson
Oct 22, 2008, 03:24 PM
Alot/most of my library isn't on iTunes. So it's pretty useless.

sammyman
Oct 22, 2008, 05:02 PM
I think it is freaking awesome, and I am a huge Pandora fan too. But it serves a different purpose fore me. LOVE YOU GENIUS!

iSaint
Oct 22, 2008, 09:01 PM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I really enjoy Genius. Then again, I don't know Pandora though I've heard a few bits of info from friends.

I wish there would be an iPod update to include Genius.

NT1440
Oct 22, 2008, 09:03 PM
I dont think genius will get any better until apple releases the next itunes update with geniuses code being modified a little.

Thats what I think the info they collect are going to.

simplysic
Oct 22, 2008, 09:15 PM
Genius is a great addition to my iTouch, not much for my Macbook