Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MontrealMonger

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
I`m assuming this will be what we get when Macworld comes around, given the specs of the new Macbooks and ACDs. At least that`s what I`m telling myself to hold off purchasing one now, lol!

Bad Paper

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2007
graphite clamshell
The LED part (for 24" iMacs) is high, simply because they are already producing 24" LED screens, shipping in November.

Not so sure about LED screens for the 20" iMacs, nor about DDR3 memory. The internals upgrade may wait until next summer.

ceres

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
Dark Forests of Germania
The LED part for the 24 inch model is probable. Eizo and Lenovo are also currently introducing cheap (300-500) 24in Models with white LED backlights.
LEDs could also alleviate the grave quality deficiencies the current 24 in are suffering from.
The DDR3 part is also likely but performance increases are largely negligible. You will see increases around 3-5% on average which is to little to be felt.
I´d rather see a quadcore cpu being introduced ;)

jameskohn

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2006
Connecticut
Here's hoping against hope for quad core iMacs

Quad core is what I would hope for above all.

My 3.06 iMac is not even a year old yet, but quad core goodness would have it on eBay in a heartbeat. I think we're still a revision or two away from quad core iMacs though.

With Snow Leopard just around the corner, it probably makes sense to wait to upgrade, but sometimes Apple makes it too tempting and reason goes out the window.

And speaking of "out the window", my other dream of a 27" or 30" iMac would seem to be pretty much dashed with the move to L.E.D. monitors, at least for now. 24" is good, but 27" would be better, and 30" would be my dream.

gotzero

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2007
Mid-Atlantic, US
I think there will be 24" and 30" imacs, with the 20" likely dying off.

The new ACD does not have a 20", and I bet it would have come out at the same time as the 24". I think a 30" is on the way, but the 20" will go the way of the 17" for the displays and imacs.

NyMetsFan08

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
I`m assuming this will be what we get when Macworld comes around, given the specs of the new Macbooks and ACDs. At least that`s what I`m telling myself to hold off purchasing one now, lol!
Here is the quick pattern: Sept. 9th (2nd Week) iPod Update, Oct.14th (2nd Week) Macbook Update, and Now Nov. 11th (2nd Week) iMac Update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.