Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wowser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
Inglaterra, Europa
My emac was shipped today from the UK apple store - i'm afraid to ask, but how long do you think it will take to arrive? i'm rather excited and impatient to ditch my beige Pentium II 233 (damn i think it heard me - it knows its fate!)

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2002
I know how you feel. I just recently upgraded from a Pentium II 433 to a G5, and the difference is staggering! I couldn't wait for it to arrive in the mail, as I'm sure you can't. You'll love it when it gets there!

Congrats on the purchase!

wowser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
Inglaterra, Europa
lol! thanks guys! that upgrade to a g5 must have been sweet! i was turned on to Panther when i did my essays on it in California. hardly anyone it seems in the UK has one!

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
congrats and welcome. you'll love the emac!

btw, be careful with that PII - computers *definitely* know when you're getting rid of them, and they don't like it! ;)

lemon

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2004
The tracking site showed my pbook shipped on the 28th and left Taipei on the 29th. Although it doesn't seem to have landed yet, are Apple using cargo Zeppelins for transport?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I know what it's like when you're waiting for a new computer, I had to wait 3 weeks for my first Mac :eek: (imported from US)

My second (current) Mac, on the other hand, arrived overnight :)

lemon

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2004
Taiwan. I think they're sending it on a slow boat from China. Are you sure it's comming from Cork?

simon1

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2004
Teesside, UK
Ordrered my ipod on the 17th January. Shipped on the 22nd. Just rang apple and they say there has been a delay due to new year in Asia. It was prepared to fly on 27th and is still in shanghai !!. They expect it to be delievered to me by end of week. I won't be holding my breath!!.

Also, should get my first apple by the end of the week. Ordered it from a local reseller on 16th. A brand new 15" Powerbook. I cannot wait to get the ipod and powerbook together :D

lemon

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2004
Hmm, two weeks against the promised 3-6 business days. Why oh why didn't I just buy a standard build from a store?

lemon

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2004
It must be trapped in the same Raiders-Of-The-Lost-Arc-Ending style warehouse as my pbook.

lemon

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2004
It's out of the warehouse now;

Arrive Terminal LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU 03 Feb 2004 14:59

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.