Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laserfox

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
new york
and its not that bad at all. In fact most reports said the phone was ugly. I don't think so at all. Its not "cutting edge" looking for it looks just great for a phone and oh my, I love the fact that it has a keyboard and is seamlessly integrated my google (my life!)

Now I have a tmobile dash but im seriously considering taking the android instead of an iphone. I would simply keep my ipod touch. What should I do? Sell my ipod and buy the iphone and get into that nasty high priced cingular wireless, or stick to tmobile and get that g1 phone.

Y2Jon

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2008
I've had the G1 (the Android phone) since Monday, and I must say it is a great phone. Great call quality, Android is great, can't complain.

However, it is quite different from the iPhone in terms of user interface, design, etc.

I happen to have the iPod Touch 2nd Gen as well and I'm pleased with having both of these right now. But hey, that's just me.

If you have any questions about the G1 that might help you make your decision, ask away.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
its not that bad at all.

About the best review I have heard so far.

Life is too short to deal with the Hyundai of phones, when one can purchase the BMW sedans of phones for about the same price.

Y2Jon

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2008
is there a mp3 music feature on the android? if so how is that?

Yes there is an mp3 player, which is pretty good (not as cool as the iPod Touch though!) and you can buy music using the Amazon Marketplace. Also, you can just put your already downloaded music onto the phone.

valiar

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2006
Washington, DC
Yes there is an mp3 player, which is pretty good (not as cool as the iPod Touch though!) and you can buy music using the Amazon Marketplace. Also, you can just put your already downloaded music onto the phone.

Can you buy music from Amazon over WiFi/3G?
How does syncing with the computer work?
I am considering the G1, but still have not got time to go to my friendly local T-Mobile store to check it out...
The reason I am not getting an iPhone is AT&T.
I simply hate them :(

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I am considering the G1, but still have not got time to go to my friendly local T-Mobile store to check it out...

I hate ATT too. I had the iPhone for a week and I loved it. Made my life easier but the phone quality and reception sucked so much. So much I returned the iPhone.

Then I decided to buy the Touch which I have now and love...But and though I love the touch, what i've really been looking for is simplicity in life. And my life happens to be Google, along with my Cell Phone. So the G1 makes sense...

..but i'm on verizon which works amazing for me, so im hoping Google works something out w/ them.

Y2Jon

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2008

You can buy and download music from Amazon over WiFi.. and you can buy over 3G but it won't download until you have a WiFi connection.

When you sync with your computer, it basically becomes an external drive with folders (music, pictures, etc) and you can drag and drop files into those folders. Easy process.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
I'm betting a G1 plugin gets written for iTunes before too long.

That said, I'll be playing one tonight at my local T-mo store :D
Though I have to say with the Wing I'm burned out on sliders - when my iPhone bites the dust I may go to a candybar qwerty like the Dash - but updated and running Android :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.