PDA

View Full Version : Security, security, security ! After yet another virus outbr...

MacBytes
Feb 3, 2004, 08:17 AM
Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Security, security, security ! After yet another virus outbreak, "security" is the mot du jour... (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040203091724)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

wrldwzrd89
Feb 3, 2004, 11:32 AM
There is a useful link in the article to Apple's Discussion forums regarding Mac security. It contains good information - I'd recommend that everyone look at it.

MrMacMan
Feb 3, 2004, 08:55 PM
He points out a valid point... get a Mac Virus program... 'They make sure you aren't fowarding windows viruses'...

Why would you?

You would have to Purposely do that since there are no viruses to take over your computer and use your e-mail address as spam sender... :rolleyes:

Mac Virus Protection -- Useless.

Rower_CPU
Feb 4, 2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by MrMacman
He points out a valid point... get a Mac Virus program... 'They make sure you aren't fowarding windows viruses'...

Why would you?

You would have to Purposely do that since there are no viruses to take over your computer and use your e-mail address as spam sender... :rolleyes:

Mac Virus Protection -- Useless.

Not if you're forwarding documents you don't know have viruses in them.

MrMacMan
Feb 4, 2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Not if you're forwarding documents you don't know have viruses in them.

Well then...:

a) why would they have viruses on them in the first place
b) why foward 'a document' if you can't open it... :rolleyes:

when I create a document, or get a document from a windows user I get the .doc file, not all of the other **** that might be there.

Rower_CPU
Feb 4, 2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
Well then...:

a) why would they have viruses on them in the first place
b) why foward 'a document' if you can't open it... :rolleyes:

when I create a document, or get a document from a windows user I get the .doc file, not all of the other **** that might be there.

a) Why does anything have viruses in it?
b) You can open it just fine and not have it affect your computer.

Yes you do. And you can pass it along to others who are susceptible.