Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yourdream

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
I bought the Tuscano Neoprene Second Skin for the old MacBook Air I believe. And I put my new aluminum macbook in it and it fit but had a tight fit. The dimensions of the skin is:

cm 32,5x22,7x1,9
in. 12.78x8.92x0.74

31hYOwOtd9L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Should I refund the the Tuscano Neoprene Second Skin or just use it on my aluminum macbook even though the skin was made for the old MacBook Air?

jerkjosh

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2008
I was gonna get an applesac, but the $20 shipping charges killed it for me. I hauled my naked unibody macbook around to 12 different computer stores, and eventually I found a store that carried this.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=400063

It's a 13" grey macbook air case. I figured why not, since these new macbooks are plenty slim themselves, and cases usually tend to be loose fitting anyways. I tried it, and it fit like dream on the macbook! VERY snug fit, as if tailored perfectly to the macbook dimensions. It also comes with a shoulder strap secured by aluminum rings. This case was absolutely perfect, as I wanted a vertical loading case with a handle that was very thin but had padding to protect from bumps caused by dropping my backpack too hard (North Face Borealis Laptop Bag). If you are in the market for case that has sleeve-like thinness, but case like protection, with handle/shoulderstrap, and love grey :p, then this is the case for you.

hazoomeh

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
I tried my Tuscano neoprene for the original MB on the new Glassbook and its a little loose but not bad. I'll wait for the custom ones to come out.

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
I was gonna get an applesac, but the $20 shipping charges killed it for me. I hauled my naked unibody macbook around to 12 different computer stores, and eventually I found a store that carried this.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=400063

It's a 13" grey macbook air case. I figured why not, since these new macbooks are plenty slim themselves, and cases usually tend to be loose fitting anyways. I tried it, and it fit like dream on the macbook! VERY snug fit, as if tailored perfectly to the macbook dimensions. It also comes with a shoulder strap secured by aluminum rings. This case was absolutely perfect, as I wanted a vertical loading case with a handle that was very thin but had padding to protect from bumps caused by dropping my backpack too hard (North Face Borealis Laptop Bag). If you are in the market for case that has sleeve-like thinness, but case like protection, with handle/shoulderstrap, and love grey :p, then this is the case for you.

This looks great!!! Where did you get it at?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.