Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
So I removed the stickers from my printer, mb and ipod boxes and was wanting to keep them in case anything went wrong, are photocopies of these acceptable for the Apple UK rebate, dont want to wait 4 weeks and find out its not, then miss the deadline.

Cheers

mathcolo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2008
Boston
When I did the U.S. Rebate in August I remember cutting them out and stuff... I think you do have to send the real ones. It is probably because otherwise they could be used again or something maybe...

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
So I removed the stickers from my printer, mb and ipod boxes and was wanting to keep them in case anything went wrong, are photocopies of these acceptable for the Apple UK rebate, dont want to wait 4 weeks and find out its not, then miss the deadline.

Cheers

Read the terms and conditions on the rebate form. I seem to remember that it explicitly states that you have to send the original barcodes cut from the box back.

Edit: They seem to have changed the procedure from previous years but here is the T and C's

Return the EAN Bar Code labels from the Apple product boxes with (i) and (ii) above. The EAN Bar Code labels must include part numbers with bar codes, serial numbers with bar codes, and product descriptions.

Take a photocopy but keep it for yourself.

PresentACat

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2008
Now forgive me as I live in the UK, but rebates seem like the most awkward and rediculous way to perform an offer.
Why not just reduce the basket cost by £95 automatically upon ordering?
I presume it is just to see if some people buy the iPod and then never get round to claiming the cash back? Or just so Apple can stick that £95 in the bank for a few weeks whilst it gathers up interest.

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Now forgive me as I live in the UK, but rebates seem like the most awkward and rediculous way to perform an offer.
Why not just reduce the basket cost by £95 automatically upon ordering?
I presume it is just to see if some people buy the iPod and then never get round to claiming the cash back? Or just so Apple can stick that £95 in the bank for a few weeks whilst it gathers up interest.

Thanks for the replies, yep, will have to send originals in.

I assume they do this so you cant return it with 14 days and get a full refund and the rebate?

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Actually just noticed the rebate for back to school is different address than printer is it either or?

Cant send MB bar code to 2 addresses....

GfulDedFan

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
Indiana
Actually just noticed the rebate for back to school is different address than printer is it either or?

Cant send MB bar code to 2 addresses....

I found this in the FAQs in the rebate section:

"Multiple Rebates

If I buy more than one pair of qualifying products on the same receipt or Sales Order, do I need to submit multiple rebate claims?
That is not necessary. You should claim all qualifying pairs of products at the same time. Check the Terms and Conditions of the rebate for the exact number of products allowed. You must include the required documents, including original UPC labels, as specified from each qualifying product."

You may need to do some further checking on this issue. -GDF

Jeeves

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2008
UK
I am very interested in this, I need to know if you can do both rebates(ipod nano and printer) at the same time. So is anyone who has done both in UK, and how they did this? :)

gwmac

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008
Northampton, UK
The printer rebate and the ipod rebate go to different addresses (slightly).
I sent the cut out one to one address and a scan to the other address with a comment referencing the claim with the original cut out.
I just hope common sense prevails.

Jeeves

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2008
UK
The printer rebate and the ipod rebate go to different addresses (slightly).
I sent the cut out one to one address and a scan to the other address with a comment referencing the claim with the original cut out.
I just hope common sense prevails.
Have you recived you rebates back?

Has anyone done both rebates and received their money back, if so what did you as you cannot send the MB barcode twice. :)

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
Have you recived you rebates back?

Has anyone done both rebates and received their money back, if so what did you as you cannot send the MB barcode twice. :)

I sent away my rebate earlier this week by recorded delivery. It says it can take up to 4 weeks. I've yet to send away for my printer rebate.

big duck

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2007
what counts as a proof of purchase? my macbook, ipod, printer and case just came as 4 parcels.

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
what counts as a proof of purchase? my macbook, ipod, printer and case just came as 4 parcels.

You need to cut the labels on the boxes of your Mac and iPod and send them along with the online submission form.

This probably won't make sense until you fill out the rebate form online. Check it out, it will make everything clearer.

Bwilky

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2008
Dam, I never cut my labels out. Never said that in the TOC for canada. Canada seems a little more relaxed on this rebate. No 30 day rule. I bought mine in june and sent it off on October 14th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.