Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
UK
I am interested in all areas of design and I thought I'd get the adobe CS3 Master Collection but I feel lost. Is there any workshops or PDF manuals people know about so I can learn how to use the software.

I have used photoshop a bit in the past so I seem to be using it for everything and leaving out illustrator and indesign. I'm not bothered about video editing.

I would like to learn:
Photoshop + In Design + Illustrator

and also

After Effects + Fireworks + Flash

What do you thinks the best way to learn and can I download some tutorials and manuals?

Thanks for your time!

Simplesimon101

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2006
i use lynda.com... there's lots of tutorials for basically every bit of software i've ever used (inc. CS3 master edition). it's $250 for the year but i found a voucher code online and it was only $200. I think it's pretty cheap for unlimited access to all the tutorials you'd ever need.

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Thanks for the help.
I dont feel like I want to pay for online tuition's, its probably really good but as 'dukebound85' said I'd preffer to look at a book or a PDF book, (I use 2 screens so PDF wont really get in the way when working.

Do adobe supply some sort of manual, tutorial resources that i can just download?
cheers

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Thanks for the help.
I dont feel like I want to pay for online tuition's, its probably really good but as 'dukebound85' said I'd preffer to look at a book or a PDF book, (I use 2 screens so PDF wont really get in the way when working.

Do adobe supply some sort of manual, tutorial resources that i can just download?
cheers

i have a free pdf book from somewhere when i was looking for something similar

free free to give me an im at doctajodave on aim

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
i use lynda.com... there's lots of tutorials for basically every bit of software i've ever used (inc. CS3 master edition). it's $250 for the year but i found a voucher code online and it was only $200. I think it's pretty cheap for unlimited access to all the tutorials you'd ever need.

you speak the truth..

jbyles

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2008
Norwich
I agree with going with lynda.com

here is a one day free pass:

http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/promoSignupForm.asp?promo=IDSecrets&plog={4FEF7A8A-81F9-4A49-B1F4-E1889DF1EAA0}

try it, you might find yu never go back!

James

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
UK
I will try that online tutorial in a bit.

Anyone know a good way of learning the CS3 workflows and basics for free?
I've never really got the workflow, why use a set of 3 programs and keep switching between them? what file formats to use to switch between them?

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
I will try that online tutorial in a bit.

Anyone know a good way of learning the CS3 workflows and basics for free?
I've never really got the workflow, why use a set of 3 programs and keep switching between them? what file formats to use to switch between them?

You just have to dig in and do it. It's daunting a bit at first as each program is to the nth degree complex with how far you can go.

Use photoshop for your image manipulations, sizing and effects. Use Illustrator for your vector needs..logos, line art and Illustrations, etc. Use Indesign or Quark for your page layouts and anything, for the most part, to do with text and laying in text with images. Think of Indesign as the Mothership with photoshop and Illustrator parts within.

motoxpress

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2006
When you purchase the software, it comes with manuals and some training. Aside from that, you need to purchase training materials.

-mx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.