PDA

View Full Version : Logic 8 Express....should I have purchased Studio????

myabeat
Oct 24, 2008, 04:47 PM
Ok so I have Logic 8 Express now to replace Garageband's crappy audio quality. But now it seems all I have bought is a more complicated interface. Thus as I am a singer/songwriter, I need to record and make the music (duh!)

By I'm thinking I need to buy a midi controller for the loops and loop packs. I should have waited and bought Logic Studio!!! And the manual....we'll there is definitely no how to start quick guide (unless someone has one on the internet).

I'm not as lost as I sound...I just find the express package very minimal. The extra features like the pitch correction and mixer are nice. But there are so many options available that I find myself asking, "What does this do?"

Now to my question: Can anyone recommened the best midi controllers for this program. Also only 100 loops came with express? Which pack (s) are missing from the program.

I appreciate your expertise.

HiFiGuy528
Oct 24, 2008, 05:51 PM
You should have bought Logic Studio 8 EDU for only $250+/- on Ebay. It has everything as the Retail version, but limited to upgrades, who cares.

xparaparafreakx
Oct 27, 2008, 08:38 PM
$150 if you buy it at the college bookstore.

rhoydotp
Oct 28, 2008, 11:12 AM
looks like it would have been better for you to stay with garageband and bought studio quality loops. btw, not sure what you meant about the crappy sound of GB. it starts with the source, if source audio is crap, output is crap.

if you go to the "Help" section of LE8, the manual is there locally on your machine. last but not the least, have fun!

xparaparafreakx
Oct 28, 2008, 06:48 PM
Studio quiality loops as in Waves?