Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wilton31

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
I bought a new MacBook yesterday. During the setup, it went dead. I mean completely dead. In the last minute of data migration from a very old iBook, the screen went crazy with horizontal lines and then nothing. No bluescreen, grayscreen, or light emitting from the screen. Only a forlorn beeping sound. I tried everything and finally gave up, requesting a call from Apple Care. This morning, they told me it's the motherboard or RAM and I should just take it back for an exchange or if I wanted to keep this one, for a repair.

Very disappointed in Apple ...

:mad:

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
I bought a new MacBook yesterday. During the setup, it went dead. I mean completely dead. In the last minute of data migration from a very old iBook, the screen went crazy with horizontal lines and then nothing. No bluescreen, grayscreen, or light emitting from the screen. Only a forlorn beeping sound. I tried everything and finally gave up, requesting a call from Apple Care. This morning, they told me it's the motherboard or RAM and I should just take it back for an exchange or if I wanted to keep this one, for a repair.

Very disappointed in Apple ...

:mad:

Don't be disappointed. It's a machine and there are sometimes problems with brand new ones. It'll get fixed and you won't even notice that there was ever a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.