PDA

View Full Version : Unibody macbook palmrest area...creeking?

jerkjosh
Oct 25, 2008, 12:35 PM
I've have the new macbook for several days now, and I noticed that the left palmrest area creeks as I lean forward on it, applying a little more weight. It's nothing I'm taking my macbook in for, but it's quite annoying actually.

Do you guys have the same problem?

mcdj
Oct 25, 2008, 12:49 PM
you're probably hearing the battery cover.

Simon1966
Oct 25, 2008, 12:51 PM
I agree with the above poster - your battery cover is probably loose.

manny23lakeshow
Oct 25, 2008, 01:04 PM
It Most definitely is the loose battery cover. When i had the alu macbook, it would creak everytime i rested my hands on the palm rest to type and when i sat it down on a table it would click. I upgraded to the pro, and the cover is nice and snug, and does not make noise. You should be able to exchange it for a unit with a tighter cover, or search the forum for the fix to this problem which involves using pliers to slightly bend down the tabs towards the case. (however i dont think anyone should have to do something like this on a brand new laptop)

duffyanneal
Oct 25, 2008, 01:10 PM
You should be able to exchange it for a unit with a tighter cover, or search the forum for the fix to this problem which involves using pliers to slightly bend down the tabs towards the case. (however i dont think anyone should have to do something like this on a brand new laptop)

You don't need pliers just a couple of fingers, but I agree it shouldn't be necessary.