Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dylanbrown

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
London
Hi guys,

OK - so I record my YouTube videos (normally) in PhotoBooth, but, of course it makes everything opposite and backwards, not so good.

Anyway, I know iMovie has an import feature that allows you to record from your built in iSight - except, it doesn't work for me:

NoCameraConnected.png

Any help/tips would be fantastic.

Skeletal-dæmon

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2008
iMovie has never let me record from iSight, whether it be iM06 or iM08. I'm not entirely sure why, and neither is the local Apple technician. He took a look at it over a weekend and handed it back on monday with no reason other than 'it doesn't seem to like it for some reason'.

dylanbrown

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
London
It worked for me the last time I tried it, wondered why its just stopped working. I've looked and searched, as it works for other people, and used to work for me!

Skeletal-dæmon

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2008
How odd... if it definitely has worked in the past then there must have been something changed in your system since.

Try erasing the iSight preferences plane, as well as the iMovie and Photo Booth preferences as they also contain iSight instructions.

By the way, you spelt Scotland wrong :cool:

dylanbrown

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
London
Where are the preference panes located :confused:

But really Scotlad is a place, nah, only joking, I fixed it now anyway!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.