Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justind.clark

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
I was wondering you new Macbook owners could tell me the pros/cons you have noticed from experience, and if you think it would be worth it to get one, i have the white macbook 2.1 but with 4g ram and a 250gb HDD.

MatLane

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
England, United Kingdom
Well i don't own one but i am finding the new pad tricky :p

I thin that is going to take a little time to get used to it

I keep trying to reach for the 'no existent button' lol

;-)

jettie1767

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2003
New Jersey, USA
I came from a Santa Rosa MBP 15" from summer 2007 into the 2.4ghz macbook and have no complaints. Love the weight and I don't see any degradation in speed. The only thing I would have wanted was an expresscard slot.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
I love it, and I don't have any of the problems others say. I wish there was a SD slot, but that's about it. I think the screen is so nice also and my space bar is fine.

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
I love my new purchase. The only thing I am having problems with is the battery latch, should be sorted out. Apart from that, the system is well built and designed. Touchwood.

christiemp

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2008
Wisconsin
I don't know of any cons besides the loud spacebar. The rest of the keyboard is so quiet. The spacebar makes me sad :(

Pros are obvious. It's a rockin machine.

Sorry I'm not very helpful. I'm a new user, what can I say?

I love mine though. Definitely a mac convert 4 lyfe.

tehprince

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2008
Wow, I never noticed how loud depressing the spacebar is until I saw this thread, it is loud!

I can't really think of that many cons, I guess it seems like it takes a while for the battery to charge? That might just be me though.

I'm finding the biggest pro besides speed is the new trackpad, I love it and use all the new features. I've also been using a program called Multicluth to assign specific mouse gestures to individual programs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.