PDA

View Full Version : Airmail Queen stamp Mail icon

richard.mac
Oct 26, 2008, 12:31 AM
for all you guys in the Commonwealth ive made a custom Mail icon using the Queen Elizabeth II Airmail stamp. hope you like it!

Directions: download the app.icns.zip and unzip it. then place app.icns in /Applications/Mail/Contents/Resources (right click Mail and choose "Show Package Contents"). icon file is 512x512.

you can make your own Mail stamp using this (http://sketched-dreams.deviantart.com/art/Apple-Mail-77115197) Photoshop template if you wish. author requests a deviantART comment if you use it.

ltldrummerboy
Oct 26, 2008, 02:11 AM
That's pretty cool. Have you thought about changing "Cupertino" to another city?

richard.mac
Oct 26, 2008, 03:45 AM
nah not really… happy to keep it as Cupertino. unfortunately i have no idea how to change the template so i guess an experienced photoshopper can give it a go.

Kilamite
Oct 26, 2008, 08:39 AM
nah not really… happy to keep it as Cupertino. unfortunately i have no idea how to change the template so i guess an experienced photoshopper can give it a go.

You created it but you have no idea how to change it? :eek:

richard.mac
Oct 26, 2008, 08:53 AM
NO! NO! :D i used a template which can be downloaded from =sketched-dreams at deviantART clicking the link above. he made the stamp and then provided a template.

i just dropped in the Queen Stamp which took a fair amount of effort for me to do in Shop (i wouldnt be able to change the stamp). i intended it so peeps can use it or drop their own image in it.

theres a link somewhere that has a lot of stamp Mail icons and but a major server of them has dead links. so i wanted to create this.

OllyW
Oct 26, 2008, 09:22 AM
Alternative version of the Queen. ;)

richard.mac
Oct 26, 2008, 09:24 AM
haha awesome! Pop Art style.

pit29
Oct 26, 2008, 10:26 AM
Alternative version of the Queen. ;)

That's hilarious! Good work, Olly...