PDA

View Full Version : How To Create A Usable Alarm Clock With Your iPod

mtorbin
Feb 4, 2004, 08:01 AM
(PLEASE NOTE THAT I'M TYPING THIS FROM A SIDEKICK SO I APPOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE IF THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THIS THREAD.)

So, you are like me and you listen to your iPod while you're sleeping. You've played with the alarm feature, but it doesn't really ACT like an alarm, right? Now you can change that! Here's how:

1) Get an alarm sound that is particularly annoying and load it into your iTunes master library.

2) Create a new playlist and call it "alarm".

3) Drag this new alarm sound into that playlist. I also made sure that this play list looped in iTunes, but I'm not sure if that carries over to the iPod.

4) Sync your iPod with iTunes.

5) Go to CLOCK > ALARM CLOCK > SOUND on you iPod and select the new playlist that you just created called "alarm".

You're all set! The next time you set you iPod alarm you'll actually have an alarm to wake up to.

- MT

virividox
Feb 4, 2004, 09:02 AM
i used to use the ipod as an alarm and did that annoying sound, but then i just wastes battery, now i use my annoying cell phone :)

but its a good idea

Wash!!
Feb 4, 2004, 10:24 AM
I use my ipod as an alarm since day one..I made a playlist called 'morning songs" selected the most upbeat songs, set the ipod to shuffle songs.

I have different song every morning to wake me up..:D

cubist
Feb 4, 2004, 11:46 AM
How can you sleep with the earbuds in?

Wash!!
Feb 4, 2004, 11:52 AM
I plug it to this old headsets I have set the volume to the max an put it next to my night stand, it is loud enough to wake you up, you could get also very cheap little speakers and do it that way too but the old headset works fine for me.

pncc
Feb 4, 2004, 12:01 PM
You can also use the new Griffin Technology iTalk (http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/italk/) voice recorder as it has a small speaker. The Belkin one also works, but I like GT's products better.

mtorbin
Feb 4, 2004, 12:50 PM
Actually, I have those "over ear" headphones by Sony (the ones that cost like $10 and are blue) and they mostly stay in all night long. Granted, when I move next year I'm getting speakers for my bedroom.

- MT