Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kaitlyn2004

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
I am looking for a car kit so I can use my iPhone in the car through AUX input.

I tried the liquid aux deluxe but
a) don't like that the cradle is directly attached to the cig adapter on such a short wire.
b) more than 50% of the time got a "this accessory is not compatible with iphone" message

So, can someone please recommend something that charges and lets me play my music through AUX input with some form of controlling it (wireless remote IDEAL :)). Also, would highly prefer the aux input be handled through the dock, rather than having a dock connection and a separate wire running from the top of the phone...

Thanks, appreciate it!

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I am looking for a car kit so I can use my iPhone in the car through AUX input.

I tried the liquid aux deluxe but
a) don't like that the cradle is directly attached to the cig adapter on such a short wire.
b) more than 50% of the time got a "this accessory is not compatible with iphone" message

So, can someone please recommend something that charges and lets me play my music through AUX input with some form of controlling it (wireless remote IDEAL :)). Also, would highly prefer the aux input be handled through the dock, rather than having a dock connection and a separate wire running from the top of the phone...

Thanks, appreciate it!

I've read somewhere here about the proclipusa website that offers a lot of branded products that you could use with your iPhone. I was also hoping I could use the same set up but currently my fm transmitter + charger, and a ten dollar iPhone mount worked perfectly for my car. I'm using Griffin iTrip Autopilot and a Type S Universal holder. Just wanna share it to you even though you're looking for aux.

phapn

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2008
I've just purchased the new Parrot mKi9200. Yes it is expensive but it works! It's a fully fitted carkit. The screen is removable, there are also other versions in the series that are cheaper.
I have loved my kit. I will be posting pictures and review shortly when I get some free time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.