PDA

View Full Version : Create a Hoax, Earn Damnation (The Overclockers.com website ...

MacBytes
Feb 4, 2004, 09:48 AM
Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Create a Hoax, Earn Damnation (The Overclockers.com website published a barely believable hoax last week...) (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040204104813)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

eric_n_dfw
Feb 4, 2004, 10:51 AM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=680796#post680796

Laslo Panaflex
Feb 4, 2004, 11:15 AM
My god, can we just stop this already, this guy has gone well past his 15min of fame.

/end rant

mrsebastian
Feb 4, 2004, 11:32 AM
"Mac users are nuttier than a fruitcake," Andy said.

here we go again... if this [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] would kindly flush himself down a toilet, then i can get back to work instead of sitting on mac rumors sites all day.

Kenny Pollock
Feb 4, 2004, 11:42 AM
ugh.. no one cares. kthx.

Sun Baked
Feb 4, 2004, 11:48 AM
...Andy said his e-mail inbox quickly filled to capacity, with more than 1,300 messages, and an unknown number bounced. The mail he did receive was full of nice, kind thoughts like death threats, insults and all kinds of colorful invective...

...Another said Andy should be hung by his testicles and set on fire... Since it's a hoax I'd settle for just setting this guys testicles on fire. ;)

Don't want to go too far with punishment of a silly joke/excuse.

GaelDesign
Feb 4, 2004, 11:55 AM
Well I don't know about you, but this is what I love most in the world:

1. God
2. Family
3. Pets
4. Musical Instruments
5. Macintosh

So smashing Dalmatians with a club would be terrible, painting guitars pink and cutting off their necks would be horrible, and, uh, gutting a G5 and placing crap PC parts in the case would be awful.

No wonder this guy got 1,500 e-mails. We Mac users aren't crazy -- this guy is! Nobody cares if a Dell gets gutted. Why? Because nobody cares about Dell!!! Do you think anybody would put a Dell computer on their love list below pets???

Jared

P. S. Just want to make sure you all know that I never e-mailed this guy myself. I would never stoop to that level. But I can't help but feel slightly sympathetic with his detractors. :)

gekko513
Feb 4, 2004, 12:14 PM
I must admit that even if I love my new PowerBook, I don't think a person deserves to die, have his testicles burned or go to hell, just because he destroyed his own Dual G5.

Stupid, yes. Worthy of damnation, no.

This hoax person certainly is entitled to laugh at the "insanity" of some of the Mac-zealots' mails he got.

Balin64
Feb 4, 2004, 12:24 PM
What PC is in display at the Museum of Modern Arts? That's right, NONE. Macs? The G4 Cube. I love to tell that one to Wintel Freaks. They have NOTHING to come back with: because they do not appreciate Art, or don't even know the MOMA exists.

Jerry Spoon
Feb 4, 2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by GaelDesign
Well I don't know about you, but this is what I love most in the world:

1. God
2. Family
3. Pets
4. Musical Instruments
5. Macintosh

Musical Instruments before your Mac? Where are your priorities man! ;)

ALoLA
Feb 4, 2004, 01:48 PM
We got what he deserved. :) I still think his "explanation" is more of a cover to get him out of this jam. Don't mess with the Mac community. :D

copperpipe
Feb 4, 2004, 01:56 PM
If the stereo type fits, wear it. Everybody dismisses Mac users as "zealots" and all those people who freaked out on this guy were lemmings falling into a trap. He exposed those Mac users for what they are, and in the process helped to further a stereotype and his agenda. Good for him, he totally won. The losers are the Mac users, especially the moderates (and the sane, if I do say so myself), for they now wear the same hat.

But, back to reality, I don't really give a crap.

virividox
Feb 4, 2004, 02:19 PM
we love our macs because they are machines that actually deserve to be loved

MetallicPenguin
Feb 4, 2004, 05:41 PM
My Macintosh has crashed once (700mhz iMac). That about wraps up every possible argument with a PC user. :)

MrMacMan
Feb 4, 2004, 06:03 PM
Another said Andy should be hung by his testicles and set on fire.

Thank you, thanks you.

My e-mail made it indirectly to a webpage... yay!

Ah just stupid guy...

Xero
Feb 4, 2004, 07:11 PM
"I'm a parent, and if my son did something like this (hoax) I'd kill him."

wow, that person needs help.

awulf
Feb 4, 2004, 09:27 PM
I didn't send him any e-mail since it was his own choice, even if it was a stupid thing.

If this is a hoax that means the G5 in the first picture is safe, and that's all we want :)

TomSmithMacEd
Feb 4, 2004, 10:27 PM
Well I'm totally against violence so that whole kill him thing is all wrong to me, but if his first story is true, he isn't the brightest person in the world. I mean I paid for all of my eMac. If someone was lucky enough for their parents to GIVE them a dual g5 is just a wet dream to me.

Oh well it is sort of funny how we all blew up. Go macs though. I'm not ashamed to say I love my computer.