PDA

View Full Version : iphone 3G crack on housing - ??

mmbo
Oct 26, 2008, 06:36 PM
anybody think the iphone 3G back plastic housing crack issue will be resolved anytime soon??
i am thinking about getting the white 3G-- but the cracks are holding me back!

if apple does come out with a updated iphone (w/ better housing) in the near future like the MWSF.. will the 3G 1yr limited warranty allow exchanges for the new ones?

what do you guys think?

TIA!

loskickking23
Oct 26, 2008, 09:43 PM
I just took mine back for replacement because of the cracked housing.I would just get a white one and everytime you find a crack take it back.

Niiro13
Oct 26, 2008, 09:53 PM
anybody think the iphone 3G back plastic housing crack issue will be resolved anytime soon??
i am thinking about getting the white 3G-- but the cracks are holding me back!

if apple does come out with a updated iphone (w/ better housing) in the near future like the MWSF.. will the 3G 1yr limited warranty allow exchanges for the new ones?

what do you guys think?

TIA!

I have never seen the cracks in any of the Apple store iPhones (Illinois, New York, Boston) nor mine.

As for exchanges for the new ones? Nope. Warranty only covers your product. It does not allow you to upgrade. If Apple orders a recall and fixes the "issue" (which I find non existent) then it'd be the same iPhone 3G only with the "issue" fixed.

mmbo
Oct 27, 2008, 06:40 PM
I just took mine back for replacement because of the cracked housing.I would just get a white one and everytime you find a crack take it back.

lol i am planning to get the white one too.
taking it back and then returning it for a white one-- there are only so long you can do it for -- 1 yr limited warranty? after that, even the battery costs $79!

BLACK MAC
Oct 27, 2008, 07:24 PM
I have several cracks on my black 3G. I am wondering if I should exchange it for a new one. My current iPhone has no dead pixels or light leaking. Any advice?

mrat93
Oct 27, 2008, 07:34 PM
I heard that this will be fixed in software update 2.2. :D