Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

awesomator

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I have mocha vnc lite and i was thinking about getting Jaadu but i was wondering a few things. I have a g3 or early g4 imac, an iphone 2g, and fairly fast dsl internet. When ever i try to connect to my computer over wifi it is so laggy that i get so frustrated i quit. Is this better with jaadu. I also can never connect over edge to my computer. Can you connect to your computer over edge with jaadu and is it laggy.

Thanks

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
My experiences with connecting to my Mac with Jaadu VNC have been very poor as the VNC on the mac serves up things just as you would see them on the mac itself unlike on Windows where you can decrease the resolution and color depth etc. It just isn't usable for me unless I am on the same WiFi network but to me that defeats the point.

Anyone got any pointers on how to get the VNC server on the Mac to play nice? I know there is a commercial VNC server available but am not that interested in VNC'ng to my personal mac.

awesomator

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
also without switiching to jaadu is there anyway to make mocha lite work better.

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2008
been using jaadu for more than a month now and i have to say i am very very satisfy with it.. :) highly recommend it..:)

paperstar

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2008
Bay Area
reduce screen resolution

I have Mocha VNC and struggled with the app crashing many times. I then adjusted the screen resolution to 800x500 and the other 800x600(dual monitors) and now over wifi, both screens show up well. Flash and Video upload rather slow(does not stream).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.