Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gospel9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
We know everyone's been anxiously awaiting the update!
As we approach completion, the new features are really fun!

We are working very hard to get this at the quality level we like, and we are about 70% done with V.1.1.

You asked for sounds, and you got it !
We are working with an amazing and talented sound designer, Aubrey Hodges. He did sounds on such classic titles as the DOOM franchise, Madden, Quake, and over 160 other games!! He has worked for many companies, such as Atari, Midway and EA, to name a few.

Aside from the sounds FX, we are also delivering one new map with 3 difficulty levels, and 2 new fieldrunners.
The map is really cool. We don't want to give away the surprise, but it is quite a challenge, and fun :)
It also comes with visual and gameplay enhancements.

In Version 1.2, we will be including towers, new fieldrunners and a few cool surprises. We are also currently working on that, and it is about 30% done, at this point.
We will release more information on it and keep you up to date at a later time!

source: http://www.criticaltheory.net/subatomic/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=88&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Straight from the developers.
I know this isn't new info, but it has yet been posted.

I am like most of you who are waiting to play this game with sound :)

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
as much as I'm looking forward to the update with new maps and runners, I'm not actually bothered by the inclusion of sound. Given all that's happening in each of the rounds I would only see it as a distraction with constant guns, explosions, screams and whatever going on all the time. With games lasting 30 mins that's a lot of repetitive 'noise'. Plus it will swell the file size. Just my 2p.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2007
Misleading title of thread!!!

To the op, very misleading title of the thread. The update is NOT pending with Apple since it is not complete. The dev hasn't even completed the first update according to their site so to say the update is "pending" is really really misleading, since that would imply the update is complete and is waiting for apple's approval. Which it is not.

Not to mention i don't understand why the dev is working on v1.1 and v1.2 simultaneously when if he had focused on v1.1, i'm sure it would have been out by now. Would only make sense if he had a large team that could multitask, but that is probably not the cse.

CommanderData

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2007
To the op, very misleading title of the thread. The update is NOT pending with Apple since it is not complete. The dev hasn't even completed the first update according to their site so to say the update is "pending" is really really misleading, since that would imply the update is complete and is waiting for apple's approval. Which it is not.

Not to mention i don't understand why the dev is working on v1.1 and v1.2 simultaneously when if he had focused on v1.1, i'm sure it would have been out by now. Would only make sense if he had a large team that could multitask, but that is probably not the cse.

This was never really news to begin with, it was posted in the Fieldrunners forums by their staff back on October 17th. I get the impression that there are a few individuals working on this at least part time. So yes, they probably are multi-tasking. They did hire the sound guy, and another person is likely working on new sprites (towers and runners) and maps for the next version while the programer wraps up the first update. :)

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan

Who said they were working on 1.2. Maybe they are planning.

gospel9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008

Oops you are right.
I guess i got too excited when i saw the news.

EDIT: dosen't look like i can change the topic title. Sorry for misleading title...

Tech Star

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2008
I bought this yesterday and right now it is my favorite game! :D I can't wait for the new updates! :cool:

fluff

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2008
Submitted yesterday....

Here is a recent post on their forum, looks like it was submitted yesterday

We are excited to announce that Fieldrunners v1.1 will be submitted to the App Store on Tuesday, November 11th!

Please bear in mind that this is the date at which it will be submitted, NOT the date at which it will be available for download. The exact availability date is unknown at this time, as it is dependent on the time it takes Apple to review our submission. We can only hope that our update process will go through quickly and smoothly.

Thank you for all of your patience and support! We hope you enjoy all the new content available in Fieldrunners v1.1!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.