Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrGizmondo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
I've just got my first Alu MacBook and am loving it, im having a bit of an issue though with the Caps Lock key been slightlly unresponsive to my tapping, is this a design/build issue that anyone else is having? is it worth contacting apple about. It does work is just a bit unresponsice when typing, is anyone else having any issues like this with the Caps key on their new MB.

chilipie

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2006
Englandshire
The capslock keys on Apple keyboards are built so as not to come on after a quick tap, to prevent accidently turning it on. Sometimes very useful, but it can be a pain :)

Ron21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
I've just got my first Alu MacBook and am loving it, im having a bit of an issue though with the Caps Lock key been slightlly unresponsive to my tapping, is this a design/build issue that anyone else is having? is it worth contacting apple about. It does work is just a bit unresponsice when typing, is anyone else having any issues like this with the Caps key on their new MB.

That's the way it's designed. It is made that way so you don't accidentally enable it.

Skeletal-dæmon

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2008
Heh I'm dyspraxic and I find it incredibly useful that it doesn't come on with N ACCIDENTAL TAP.

(...just kidding, I meant to press it that time)

allmIne

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2008
United Kingdom
It's a bit irritating, but the easiest way around it is to get used to tapping the outside edge of the key, in line with the light that comes on when it's in use.

Tapping the right edge does nothing, but this way, you avoid that so it should come on each time you press it.

DrGizmondo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
thanks for clearing that up, I was afraid that I would have to take it back and that was one thing I was not looking forward to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.