Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
When are those $80 USD earbuds that have 2 speakers coming to the market?

Are they going to be really worth it are they like bose or competitors?

kyto

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2008
I hope they will be good sience they are 80 bucks. I do not know when they are coming out, just wanted to tell you about your title should be when are.

Kane.Elson

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2006
I hope they will be good sience they are 80 bucks. I do not know when they are coming out, just wanted to tell you about your title should be when are.
Do you really think your English is good enough to let you correct other people ?

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
ive been waiting impatiently since they announced them back in september. they said october then, so hopefully they come out this week.

Atomike

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2008
Apple is certainly running out of options when it comes to these earbuds. They are left with 2 options:

1. Release them this week. They technically make their deadline, but they end up looking like they don't know what they're doing. I can see the press release now: "Yeah - we meant to wait till the very very last minute. Sure. You believe that, right?" Sloppy.

2. Miss their deadline. Folks talk about yet another big disappointment from Apple this year. It's becoming standard operating procedure for Apple. Is it even possible for Apple to NOT mess up a product launch anymore? It's obvious they simply are not a reliable company. They are the running joke of the industry - a new verb. "Hurry up guys - I don't want to apple this release".

New addition to Websters-
apple (v): to hype a product endlessly, but have it ultimately disappoint everyone due to missing features, unfixed bugs, and a launch which was handled in the worst possible manner.

MikesGravity

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2008
Southeast MI
New addition to Websters-
apple (v): to hype a product endlessly, but have it ultimately disappoint everyone due to missing features, unfixed bugs, and a launch which was handled in the worst possible manner.

HUH? You obviously don't work in the "industry". Apple is known for it's amazing advertising and consistency. Anyywhooo.... I doubt these are top priority for Apple. It was relevant to talk about at the big iPod hoorah though.

These earbuds have some serious potential. I hope they are released this week.

Atomike

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2008
Apple is known for it's amazing advertising and consistency.

No no no no no. They USED to be known for these things. Say these words:
Firewire. Nano Coverflow. Justin Long.
The word laughingstock is a perfect description for apple right now.

Demosthenes X

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2008

:confused: In the minds of a small minority of people on the internet, perhaps. But to the real world, Apple is a great looking company. The real world doesn't care about FireWire on the new MacBook, or coverflow on the Nano, or Justin Long. I consider myself one of those "minority on the internet" who do, and I have no idea what you mean by "iPod coverlow" and "Justin Long" making Apple a "laughingstock".

Nor do I particularly care...

My big question is: why the hell is Apple releasing these earbuds - with a mic built in - if they don't have iPhone compatibility. That's the sort of thing I think reflects poorly on a company. "Yeah, we have this great-selling cell phone with music player, and we just announced these awesome new headphones. What, no, the two products aren't compatible."

I hope Apple is delaying the earbuds so they can make them iPhone-compatible. :D

Atomike

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2008
The real world doesn't care about FireWire on the new MacBook, or coverflow on the Nano, or Justin Long.

If by "the real world" you mean people who don't buy apple products - then you may be correct. People who don't buy apple products probably don't care about these things at all.

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
I own a lot of Apple products, and quite honestly I do not care about a single one of those items you have listed.

Anyways, can we get this thread back on topic? If you want to rant about how "bad Apple has gotten", start another thread.

MikesGravity

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2008
Southeast MI

Proof you have no idea what you are talking about. FIREWIRE IS the standard for Digital Video professionals around the world. If you use USB 2.0 to edit off an external raid/HD, you are fooling yourself.

Nano Coverflow? Who Cares, you don't have to use it.

Justin Long? Um... the ad campaign is WORKING!

You're a troll who can't even argue good.

windowpain

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Japan
I just hope the quality is better than the last ones (bought with a 3rd Gen nano) in which the rubber seal around the earbuds came off and then promptly fell apart. I expected them to last longer than 3 months.

The ones I got with my 3st gen shuffle were of a far higher quality.

Edit: old ones (right) and the newer ones (left)

It looks as though the design is the same..hopefully they are made better.

Attachments

• apple-2g-nano-12.jpg
    apple-2g-nano-12.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 66

jmacleodpc19

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2007
I'm waiting for these headphones too, but I'll gladly wait longer if it means they'll work great. THAT is more important to me than acting high and mighty when Apple misses a self-imposed deadline.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
My guesses:
1) iPhone firmware 2.2 will include support for the new headphones.
2) When 2.2 is finalized, they'll release both together.
3) The headphones are ready to start volume manufacturing now, but they haven't pulled the trigger in case some glitch shows up in testing with 2.2 and they need to tweak the earbuds. (saves doing rework or even a recall)
4) The official line (that the the buds won't support the iPhone) provides wiggle room in case the 2.2 plan slips. No need for embarrassing retractions - just release the buds on their own. When 2.2 is eventually released and, hey! it "just so happens" to work with the buds already sold, then that's a freebie bonus - not something that was promised. (Remember that Airport Extreme(n) / Airdisk climb-down?)

Patience....

Atomike

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2008
FIREWIRE IS the standard for Digital Video professionals around the world. If you use USB 2.0 to edit off an external raid/HD, you are fooling yourself.
Clearly you're unaware of all the iMac controversy concerning firewire.

Clearly you're unaware of the coverflow bug on the 4g Nano.

Justin Long? Um... the ad campaign is WORKING!
Clearly you're unaware that most folks find him endlessly annoying.

You're a troll who can't even argue good.
Clearly you're unaware that it should be "argue well". I don't want to mock your intelligence, but come on! You can't be serious.

elmateo487

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
Clearly you're unaware of all the iMac controversy concerning firewire.

Clearly you're unaware of the coverflow bug on the 4g Nano.

Clearly you're unaware that most folks find him endlessly annoying.

Clearly you're unaware that it should be "argue well". I don't want to mock your intelligence, but come on! You can't be serious.

A more civil, and intelligent reply would have been this...

NOTHING. Just say nothing man, Thumper in Bambi said it right.

superhuman

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2008

Actually, you DO have to use it and it SUCKS. I just bought my second 4G nano (first one got stolen after three weeks) and this feature still infuriates me. I've owned 5 iPods of various types and coverflow on the 4G Nano is the WORST idea I've ever encountered. Not only do I not want to use it, it isn't even executed well. The accelerometer has serious lag time when you try to flip it back over to go into normal menu mode.

If somebody disagrees with you, it doesn't make that person a troll. If somebody doesn't worship everything Apple does, that doesn't make the person a troll either.

M.Ford

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
I, too, am anxiously awaiting the release. I have some Bose buds that work decently enough though the mids and highs are a bit lacking. My problem is that, when I get a call, I have to unplug everything to answer it. It is an annoyance. I am sorely tempted to get a different brand but the reviews of the best ones seem to always say that their quality is really poor. V-modas anyone? I am not sure that my patience will last. There has to be a good option out there.

Speaking of v2.2 iPhone... I don't suppose that there is any idea when that is coming out?

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
i wish theyd at least announce a date. ive been without headphones for over a month now, and have no idea how much longer im gonna be without them...

butterfly0fdoom

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2007
Camp Snoopy
If by "the real world" you mean people who don't buy apple products - then you may be correct. People who don't buy apple products probably don't care about these things at all.

I'll refer to "the real world" as "normal people that also buy Macs". You have no idea how many people will not know what FireWire is, think the whole Cover Flow thing is cool, and not care about who Justin Long is. I work in a university bookstore computer department, and I've got plenty of "real world" cases to refute your claims.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.