Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Garemz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
Edmonton Alberta Canada
After playting with this new 2.4 macbook for the last week, The battery is half of my blackbook 2.4

What's up apple, Do I have to Beta test yet Again????

NO wonder your stock is sinking.

sselemit

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2008
After playting with this new 2.4 macbook for the last week, The battery is half of my blackbook 2.4

return if you dont like it, simple as pie.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Check that your battery is not faulty. Mine ran for 5 hours on first run then barley got to 2.5 hours after. Had diagnostics done and it was found there was a fault so im waiting for my replacement :(

dnguyen

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2008
Check that your battery is not faulty. Mine ran for 5 hours on first run then barley got to 2.5 hours after. Had diagnostics done and it was found there was a fault so im waiting for my replacement :(

diagnostics from a mac genius? or is there some kind of app

Carnivor

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2008

If you take it literally he's been using his new 2.4 for the last week, and its half of his BB 2.4

Well a week of usage and having half of a BB2.4's capacity is rhuddy amazing imo, i don't get that much power!!!

vtxdig

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2008
My battery is awesome!! Man going from a 9 pound Gateway that got 1.5 hours to this getting 5 hours!!! Amazing battery life.

Skeletal-dæmon

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2008
I'm on a BlackBook that can run for 5-5.5 hours with wifi on and bluetooth off with the screen dimmed. Dad has an iBook that gets roughly 4.5-5 hours even after three years. I find it odd that a new battery would act so poorly without a fault. Get it replaced, and please at least try to remain inoffensive on here; this is MacRumors not 4chan.

thespyglass

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2008
Liverpool UK
Re. diagnostics - also wondering if this was through a Genius or using an app?

My battery is awesome!! Man going from a 9 pound Gateway that got 1.5 hours to this getting 5 hours!!! Amazing battery life.

Haha, similar story here. My 4.5kg Fujitsu Siemens can barely last an hour but this baby has given me five hours and still has twenty minutes left :)

cshale210

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2007
my 2.4 had bad battery at the beginning, but after a few charge cycles it is bounds better. I watched a 2 hour movie last night on full brightness, after watching i had 68% battery. Not bad at all. I am getting a solid 5 hours depending on applications/usage

gpmac

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2008
Can the ones that get around 5 hours post their battery capacity?

I only have a maximum 4242 mAh after 12 cycles according to coconutbattery
and only get 3:30 to 4:00 hours at one time i only got 2:30 hours?

Is my battery ok? i read some were that the battery capacity should be 5000 mAh?

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020

Is my battery ok? i read some were that the battery capacity should be 5000 mAh?
I do hope that anyone using coconutbattery read about it's problems concerning processor drain and making some MB/MBPs run very hot due to heavy processor usage. That would in turn effect ones battery life from good to fair. My girlfriend is getting 5 hours on her new MB 2.0 that she's had since release day. Basic stuff running on hers and the screen turned down to half at most. I will try to find the posts about coconutbattery as there are more than the ones on http://www.versiontracker.com about it's issues. So far I haven't installed it on her new MB and I'm happy to wait for better feedback.

TFMTASAD

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2008
I usually get between 4 to 5 hrs of battery depending on use. I say it's pretty good considering the power of this thing.

thespyglass

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2008
Liverpool UK
gpmac said:

I was given 5hrs 20mins battery life last night when only running Firefox and Coconut now says:

Battery-Loadcycles: 2
Maximum Battery Capacity: 4269 mAh (which is slightly up from yesterday)
Original Battery Capacity: 4100 mAh

(I'd check how long it'd give me now but it's still charging.

5000 mAh? Wow, we're a bit off then! Is that after a few calibrations? Haven't calibrated mine yet.

I do hope that anyone using coconutbattery read about it's problems concerning processor drain and making some MB/MBPs run very hot due to heavy processor usage. That would in turn effect ones battery life from good to fair.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Snakel3ite

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
I didn't take any time reading your posts, so disregard this if it has been already said.

I was reading a dual review on gizmodo dot com, and they tested out the Alum MacBook, MacBook Pro (Better Battery Life), and MacBook Pro (High Performance), and the Alum MacBook scored high on both tests, DVD and MPEG4. So, I don't know your situation either, as I skimmed through-I did not see a second response from the thread starter. :( Shed some light, please.

Anyways, that is my two cents

:apple:Austin

Click here to read the review

paolo-

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2008
I got my 2.0 mb yesterday, I calibrated it and I'm charging it right now.
My battery isn't fully charged (hahaha one hour for the last 7%) CoconutBattery is saying that my current battery capacity is of 4277 mAh.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
yea i can confirm that i'm getting great battery with mine. but i'm coming from a mbp, that is a year and half old and i think that battery is dying.

Snakel3ite

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
That review was testing out the new MBP. Um, oh the gizmodo site I linked to in the post above.. has some info on the new Windows OS.. and well I find it humorous that Windows is copying the Apple gesture feature! :D Gives us a reason to make fun of MS, right?

:apple:Austin

Lhk1617

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2008
My battery has been perfect on my 2.0 new macbook. The current battery capacity is 4160, hasn't been calibrated and i just used it for 4.5 to 5 hours web surfing, .avi watching and word processing. I haven't even calibrated yet! Take your MB to apple and ask what is up with the battery they will replace it if its faulty.

rugox

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2008
I get 6.5h battery life while word processing with brightness at 3/4. About 4.5-5 hours with web browsing at half brightness.

anish3232

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2008
Lexington, KY
For those getting good battery times, what does your battery meter next to the clock say when using the computer? I just charged my computer and now on battery it says 3 Hours 23 Mins. Is that normal?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.