PDA

View Full Version : Jobs smacks down Disney.

MacBytes
Feb 4, 2004, 09:25 PM
Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Jobs smacks down Disney. (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040204222515)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

adamfilip
Feb 4, 2004, 10:01 PM
i think steves right.. the sequals disney makes suck!

warcraftmaster
Feb 4, 2004, 10:15 PM
go jobs you tell them what he he:D i wish apple buys them

0 and A ai
Feb 4, 2004, 10:19 PM
Its funny cause its true.

simX
Feb 4, 2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by 0 and A ai
Its funny cause its true.

It's funny 'cause it's sad.

GaelDesign
Feb 5, 2004, 01:09 AM
Well, I personally like PDI/DreamWorks' stuff a lot better (Shrek was brilliant!), but, when it comes right down to it, Pixar's work is incredible compared to the latest ****** put out by Disney. It's sad that such a once great company has degenerated to what Disney is today, and it's no joke that Roy got out because of serious quality issues.

Jared

eric_n_dfw
Feb 5, 2004, 08:32 AM
[quote]From the story:
Disney called Jobs' remarks "unfortunate."

"It is unfortunate that Steve Jobs has grossly mischaracterized good faith negotiations to reach agreement on an extension of the present, successful partnership that has been beneficial to shareholders of both Pixar and Disney," Zenia Mucha, a Disney spokeswoman, said in a statement. "It's also sad and unfortunate that he has resorted to insults and name-calling in the wake of the disagreement. We expected better of him."

"Unfortunate" = The truth hurts sometimes, Disney.

I think this will, eventually, help them. They need a good shake up. I remember seeing the rather long trailer for their, "Home on the Range" movie and thinking, "Wow, that looks like it's going to suck." Meanwhile, the tiny teaser for "The Indredibles", which tells next to nothing about the plot of the movie, made me laugh out loud and I can't wait for it to come out! (Probably made me laugh because I have several pairs of pants that feel that way when I put them on! If you've seen the trailer, you know what I mean!) Maybe this, will wake the stockholders up enough to oust Eisner and his groupies.

Job's has some major huevos to smack down the Disney/ABC giant though!

eric_n_dfw
Feb 5, 2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by GaelDesign
Well, I personally like PDI/DreamWorks' stuff a lot better (Shrek was brilliant!), but, when it comes right down to it, Pixar's work is incredible compared to the latest ****** put out by Disney. It's sad that such a once great company has degenerated to what Disney is today, and it's no joke that Roy got out because of serious quality issues.

Jared I agree, Shrek was great; but Antz was pretty ho-hum and smacked of "Me Too!" coming out at the same time as "A Bug's Life". (Whether deserved or not)

Both of those films were aimed at older audiences than Pixar's stuff too. ie: I wouldn't take a 3 year old to Shrek or Antz, but I would take them to a Pixar movie. (Maybe that will change without Disney, but I doubt it.)

Pixar's writers seem to have mastered the ability to make things entertaining enough to very young kids without either boring older people to death or blatently ramming some kind of moral, politcal or environmental adgenda down their throats like most the stuff on Kid's TV now-a-days. They also don't resort to too much "locker room" humor, which is fine for adolesents, but not for kids. I think the most crude thing Pixar has done was either the bubbles that the seagul assumed was flatulance or the fish in the tank saying, "...Don't you realize we are swimming in our own...", and the other fish cutting him off with, "Shhhhh". The later of which is completely lost on most kids, but pretty funny to me at least.

Rocket Rion
Feb 5, 2004, 11:25 AM
Just wait until the $140 million Home on the Range makes about $20 million. That one'll make Treasure Planet look like art in comparison. Disney knows it and it's why they killed their 2D feature division.

Pixar owns you, Disney!