Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NP3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2003
Los Angeles
I'm doing a project for my former film teacher of "Precious Moments in Cinema History." Essentially its lots of little clips from 200+ movies (Yes, that we own :) )

My problem is I have a single chapter ripped on my hard drive in mpeg2 format (used OsEx), and none of my editing applications can read it (obviously since i don't have the playback component). I need to be able to edit the chapter down to about 5-10 seconds. (x200)

My QUESTION: Is there another way to do this so that i don't have to shell out $20 for the Apple playback component?
(me= poor student)

I realize that I could export them to a different format using something like diva,etc.. but with 200+ clips this would take awhile. My teacher is also very picky about quality. :) It also eventially gets formatted back to mpeg 2 anyway b/c its going on a dvd.

Has anybody done this / tried something like it? Or am i doomed to having to spend the money?

Thanks.

(BTW, please don't flame me for illegal copy protection stuff, this isn't illegal & its for a good cause)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.