Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DVDwannabe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
Indiana
Here is the dilly. I am trying to make a DVD with one track for video, with four tracks of audio, and a subtitle track. Here is my problem. When I go to encode this video file, I set it to two pass VBR with 7 Max rate, and 4.0 Target. Which in a DVD Studio pro 2 book says to put your bitrates when you are unsure of what to use. SOOOOOO I used it and the thing came back saying my bit rate was too high. WTF? I pushed down both bars and began again, same message popped up. What should I do? Has anyone else came up with this problem. Its really ticking me off since I want to get this disc done very soon.

Thanks
DVDwannabe

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
Your bit rate is too high and or your video is too long. If you set it to max VBR and the video is longer than 1.5hours, you will not be able to fit it on DVD5 (4.4gig). The reason is becuse the higher the bitrate, the more data, you need to turn down the bit rate, or shorten the movie, or break it up into 2 DVD's or render the VIDEO_TS and put it on DAT tape and take it to a duping house that supports DVD9 (dual layer 8gig) DVDs.

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
I also forgot to mention, with 4 audio tracks on the DVD, that takes up alot of space as well, you need to look into reducing audio tracks or downsampling the audio to reduce file sizes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.