PDA

View Full Version : Mac Mini G4 RAM upgrade

Josh Kahane
Oct 28, 2008, 01:26 PM
I am thinking about upgrading my poor old mac mini (1.25GHz) from 512Mbs to 1Gb RAM. (1 is the max i can put in.) Do you think that extra bit of RAM will help at all? Any help much appreciated.

ADent
Oct 28, 2008, 01:32 PM
If you only use one application at a time and exit it before moving onto the next it will not make a huge difference.

If you are like me and have Web Browser, Email, iTunes, and what ever I am working on (say Excel) open all at once - it will speed things up noticably. Not a huge change, but noticably IMHO.

BTW memory swap is a piece of cake. Getting the top of the mini off the first time is a pain. Second time it is actually easier than most of my other computer gettting into the case. Memory DIMM is right there when the lid if off.

max••
Oct 28, 2008, 02:44 PM
I am thinking about upgrading my poor old mac mini (1.25GHz) from 512Mbs to 1Gb RAM. (1 is the max i can put in.) Do you think that extra bit of RAM will help at all? Any help much appreciated.

I upgraded my 1.25ghz mini to 1gb ram and noticed a considerable speed increase :):apple::)