PDA

View Full Version : Boredom...

eyelikeart
Jun 3, 2002, 03:46 PM
ok I apologize in advance for creating this pointless thread...

but things have slowed down considerably here at work and the threads are equally as slow...

anyone else having a slow/down day?!

I cannot wait to leave here at 5...I'll be going for a long ride after work...:D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 3, 2002, 03:48 PM
Very slow, and very uneventful, except for the earlier thread closing....:D

Its gorgeous here and I'm leaving soon to go for a nice run at home. Then a little bbq tonight for dinner.

eyelikeart
Jun 3, 2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Very slow, and very uneventful, except for the earlier thread closing....:D

Its gorgeous here and I'm leaving soon to go for a nice run at home. Then a little bbq tonight for dinner.

he he he...yeah...tell me about it...did u ever come to a resolution from the PMing u were doing?

I'm jealous by the way...first how I wish I had a knee replacement or some kind of magical spell cast upon me so I could run again...but that's where the bike came into play...

what's on the menu for tonite?

edesignuk
Jun 3, 2002, 04:15 PM
Well...I'm just sittin, chillin at home watchin the Queens Golden Jubliee concert (very good btw), whilst surfin macrumors.com, what could be better :)

jelloshotsrule
Jun 3, 2002, 04:20 PM
i'm sitting around as usual. gotta start cleaning up my room.... remember when i was saying i need to clean my room like 2 weeks ago? yeah, well.....

Macmaniac
Jun 3, 2002, 04:22 PM
I'm pretty bored to. Not much new on the rumor front, and I am mostly posting in older posts. Yawn, we need something to get us going!

3rdpath
Jun 3, 2002, 04:42 PM
and i thought it was just me....

"boring, boring, boring, boring"*

guess i'll go to the gym.

yawn...

*chorus from " nothing ever happens on mars"

britboy
Jun 3, 2002, 04:45 PM
I think apple pretty much stumped most of the rumours flying around by releasing so many updates/new products in such a short period of time. Everyone seems to be recovering, not sure what to talk about now that it seems apparent that more updates won't be coming for a while....

You know apple are doing well, when the rumours sites aren't that busy :D

eyelikeart
Jun 3, 2002, 04:53 PM
I was searching the net for some websites selling accessories for my Matrix...and came across this one...www.matrixmodz.com (http://matrixmodz.com/)...

interesting to see another website who's forums use the same format as here at macrumors...

makes me feel at home...he he he:D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 3, 2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

he he he...yeah...tell me about it...did u ever come to a resolution from the PMing u were doing?

I'm jealous by the way...first how I wish I had a knee replacement or some kind of magical spell cast upon me so I could run again...but that's where the bike came into play...

what's on the menu for tonite?

No resolution, just the same crap, never heard back after the final one. I went running about 2 miles with the dog, down to Jones point where she chased swallows for about 10 minutes and then ran home. Good little run, we're in training for the 1 mile dog race in sept. Figure if we keep at it we'll get under 5 minutes, which would be awesome. We did it in 6:08 last year and I hadn't been running much before that, coming off an injury.

Doing a little chicken breast on the bbq tonight and working on my iPhoto updates for the web - wedding pics.

AlphaTech
Jun 3, 2002, 05:25 PM
Aye, tis been a slow day on the rumor front. I returned to work after having my week off and came back to a few issues that need resolution. One powerbook G3 (Pismo) is going to Apple tomorrow, a peecee needs to be personalized for a new user but that person doesn't have either an NT or exchange account yet :rolleyes: .

As for tonight... Grillin time :D. I have some rib-eye steaks that could be cooked... or maybe I will just make some taco's tonight and have beef tomorrow... decisions decisions decisions... :D

eyelikeart
Jun 3, 2002, 05:29 PM

No resolution, just the same crap, never heard back after the final one...

...Figure if we keep at it we'll get under 5 minutes, which would be awesome. We did it in 6:08 last year and I hadn't been running much before that, coming off an injury.

me neither...the emails just stopped...he must have had something else to do...oh well...:rolleyes:

but that is one hell of a time...under 5 mins...6 mins is still great with an injury...damn I miss running!!

Mr. Anderson
Jun 3, 2002, 05:39 PM
The winning time last year was 4:50, if I can manage that, whoo hoo, never won a race before. But hell, if I come in the top 3 that would be fine too. I'll see how things go, I might run in the men's open, which is 20 min earlier, that winning time was just 4:47 last year. I'm confident I'll be able to get close to 5, I'm going to push myself to get under it.

On the first half mile of the last race we were at 2:40 - I couldn't beleive it, that would have put us at 5:20, but I thought we were going too fast (never having run just a mile before and not knowing how to pace myself), I slowed down. I shouldn't have, the last 200 yards I was sprinting and passed 3 runners, could have had a fourth but didn't want to crowd the finishline, especially running with the dog, whom I was almost pulling at that point.

So we'll see, I've got about 3 1/2 months, should be able to do if I keep at it.

voicegy
Jun 3, 2002, 05:40 PM
You guys slay me! hahaha! Things are kinda boring around here, too (work wise) and, yes, nothing of note on the rumor side of things, either. bah!

At least there's a little company picnic that I got invited to at 5:00...the place I used to work at part time, the Fleet Theater in Balboa Park. (first Omnimax dome theater in the world!) Free food on the barbi down by the water...maybe THAT'll wake me up.:rolleyes:

Durandal7
Jun 3, 2002, 05:52 PM
Well, you're right things are getting boring. Only one thing to do! Doctor some macs in Photoshop and start wild rumours to get discussion going.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 3, 2002, 07:25 PM
but that is one hell of a time...under 5 mins...6 mins is still great with an injury...damn I miss running!!

what??????? you miss running? that is one thing i will never say. running to run.... blah!

duke: i hear you about winning the race.... on a different level... i played in a golf tourney with my dad and two of his coworkers this past thursday.... i won't bore you with the details, but we lost by just 1 shot! and my dad and one of the other guys is not good... so it was me and this other guy and we nearly won.... i've never come that close. it would've been nice. then again, i think i'll live.

eyelikeart
Jun 3, 2002, 08:22 PM
So we'll see, I've got about 3 1/2 months, should be able to do if I keep at it.

very impressive...I can just picture it...someone hauling @ss with his dog lagging behind...he he he...:D

I got in an intense ride today...haven't gotten into hardcore offroad style biking yet...but I did have about a 7 miles....4 of it against the wind (ugh :eek:...I'm still working on getting my stamina back up...mostly since it had been so long since I was on the bike...

when I really get back into the groove I'll be doing some nice 20 mile rides...:D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 3, 2002, 08:42 PM

I got in an intense ride today...haven't gotten into hardcore offroad style biking yet...but I did have about a 7 miles....4 of it against the wind (ugh :eek:...I'm still working on getting my stamina back up...mostly since it had been so long since I was on the bike...

Every once in a while I'll ride to work, 11 miles one way into DC, and its mostly along the Potomac River. Well, when the wind is blowing down the river its a killer. But on the return trip you fly. There have been the occassional days where the wind changes mid day and you have to go up wind both ways, ugggh!

jelloshotsrule
Jun 3, 2002, 08:47 PM
There have been the occassional days where the wind changes mid day and you have to go up wind both ways, ugggh!

that's how it is everyday in nyc. no matter which way you're going, the wind is against you... and in the shade it's cold and windy, in the sun it's hot as hell....

Mr. Anderson
Jun 3, 2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

that's how it is everyday in nyc. no matter which way you're going, the wind is against you... and in the shade it's cold and windy, in the sun it's hot as hell....

But at least you're not going 22 miles in it. That makes a huge difference.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 3, 2002, 09:12 PM

But at least you're not going 22 miles in it. That makes a huge difference.

true. gotta do it everyday though. and i have to. not really a choice.

on another note, you posted in the apology to alemon thread and it's closed... so don't expect rower to respond, or any other french speakers....

Mr. Anderson
Jun 3, 2002, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about that. What the hell happened there? Who closed it? I didn't notice until I got out and back into the forum. Oh well.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 3, 2002, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about that. What the hell happened there? Who closed it? I didn't notice until I got out and back into the forum. Oh well.

not being a moderator i don't know.

don't you powerful folks have ways of knowing when and how it was closed?

it was off topic, but still. people were still conversing....

Mr. Anderson
Jun 3, 2002, 09:26 PM
Someone must have taken offense at something, I don't know who closed it down, sorry. But as moderator, I can still post to closed threads. I don't know if it was closed when I went in and read Rower's post, but he posted today, so it must have happened recently.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 3, 2002, 09:29 PM
Someone must have taken offense at something, I don't know who closed it down, sorry. But as moderator, I can still post to closed threads. I don't know if it was closed when I went in and read Rower's post, but he posted today, so it must have happened recently.

yeah, i was expecting to reply to him about the french thing (i took it too) and then i got rejected.

maybe one of the other mods hates the frenchies.... crazy frogs.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 3, 2002, 09:32 PM
Oh well.

We need to get some good threads going again, seems things are a little too slow lately. Maybe tomorrow. I'm off to bed, up early in the morning, 6AM, starting up the workout routine, oh boy!

jelloshotsrule
Jun 3, 2002, 09:32 PM
I'm off to bed, up early in the morning, 6AM, starting up the workout routine, oh boy!

hmm.. can you say "sucker"?????

eyelikeart
Jun 3, 2002, 10:01 PM
well I had no reason to...

so that leaves either arn or...u guess it...AmbitiosLemon!!

I'm putting $5 down on Lemon...;)

and yes...I'd have to say that I'm also a "sucker"...but if I weren't...I'd be broke & on the street...:eek:

jelloshotsrule
Jun 3, 2002, 10:04 PM
well I had no reason to...

so that leaves either arn or...u guess it...AmbitiosLemon!!

I'm putting $5 down on Lemon...;)

and yes...I'd have to say that I'm also a "sucker"...but if I weren't...I'd be broke & on the street...:eek:

you'd be broke if you didn't get up at 6 am to workout????? you in the world's strongest man competition?

ps. i didn't want to say it, but i thought it was lemon too... anyhoo

eyelikeart
Jun 3, 2002, 10:07 PM

you'd be broke if you didn't get up at 6 am to workout????? you in the world's strongest man competition?

ps. i didn't want to say it, but i thought it was lemon too... anyhoo

ok that's what I get for reading through too damned quickly...I'm honestly not a moron...;)

I meant more of the "routine"...daily routine for me involves the whole work ethic...

I did my exercise routine today after work...I need to have nutrients in me before I do it...or else it's a horrible workout...;)

jelloshotsrule
Jun 3, 2002, 10:17 PM
ha, it's cool. i knew what you meant. you should know by now that i just like to bust on you.

well enjoy the routine and early wake up!

i have to get up early too. i have to leave at 10 am for a meeting/job interview.... 10... hahaha!

now that's early!

eyelikeart
Jun 3, 2002, 10:26 PM
ha, it's cool. i knew what you meant. you should know by now that i just like to bust on you.

he he he...I know...someone's gotta do it...;)

jelloshotsrule
Jun 3, 2002, 10:32 PM

he he he...I know...someone's gotta do it...;)

i'll step into that role nicely then...

everyone has a role. mine, besides idiot, is eyebuster... ha

eyelikeart
Jun 3, 2002, 10:45 PM

everyone has a role. mine, besides idiot, is eyebuster... ha

ok...I'll buy that one...he he he...

I still need to figure out what my role here is I suppose...unless "moderator" is all I can be??

jelloshotsrule
Jun 3, 2002, 10:46 PM

ok...I'll buy that one...he he he...

I still need to figure out what my role here is I suppose...unless "moderator" is all I can be??

how about happy go lucky moderator?

there's a "great" thread.... "regular members' roles at macrumors".... yeah! :rolleyes:

eyelikeart
Jun 3, 2002, 11:11 PM
there's a "great" thread.... "regular members' roles at macrumors".... yeah! :rolleyes:

he he he...u should start it up then...

we do need some new threads to get going... ;)

jelloshotsrule
Jun 3, 2002, 11:14 PM

he he he...u should start it up then...

we do need some new threads to get going... ;)

sorry, that doesn't fit in my role....

but you. you do it all.

or jefhatfield..... booyah!

eyelikeart
Jun 3, 2002, 11:17 PM

or jefhatfield..... booyah!

yeah no kidding...I think jefhatfield starts up the most threads around here...

well....aside from arn of course... ;)

jelloshotsrule
Jun 3, 2002, 11:28 PM

yeah no kidding...I think jefhatfield starts up the most threads around here...

well....aside from arn of course... ;)

true dat. so start it up. or pay him to do it... ha

also, i like your signature. i feel a bit slighted at the lack of credit though.... haha. right.

MacAztec
Jun 3, 2002, 11:30 PM
Running is great. Got to be quick to be a QB for football. You have to know the footwork and know how to drop back, step up, scramble, 3-5-7 step drops, roll outs, picks, and all the other whoopdi doos.

I run track too. I dont remember my times, but I know in the long jump, I jumped 15'4. (15 feet, 4 inches.) Got first place down here for that, but i am pretty sure its because I run fast...

eyelikeart
Jun 3, 2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by MacAztec
Running is great. Got to be quick to be a QB for football. You have to know the footwork and know how to drop back, step up, scramble, 3-5-7 step drops, roll outs, picks, and all the other whoopdi doos.

I run track too. I dont remember my times, but I know in the long jump, I jumped 15'4. (15 feet, 4 inches.) Got first place down here for that, but i am pretty sure its because I run fast...

I didn't know u played football as well...u must be an all around athlete? :D

as for times...the best times I ever averaged were 6.25 minute miles...I'd run a 2 mile track in about 25 mins...it took a while for me to build up to that one...;)

jelloshotsrule
Jun 4, 2002, 12:05 AM
you totally prove my point about happy go lucky by using 3 smileys in your signature alone!

2 in the same line..... that's stellar. :p :) :D :cool:

britboy
Jun 4, 2002, 03:07 AM
Ok, this is nuts. We have Jobs in front of the press today, supposedly announcing something major, and the forum is cold.

Oh well, if you can't beat them, join them :p

I love running :D It's just not much fun to do it on your own. Takes two to tango, as they say. Mostly i like to go for long bike rounds in the forests nearby. That's a work-out and a half, riding up these hills.... great fun though!

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2002, 07:12 AM
you totally prove my point about happy go lucky by using 3 smileys in your signature alone!

2 in the same line..... that's stellar. :p :) :D :cool:

he he he...I've honestly learned in life that there is a silver lining to every cloud...so it's really in my nature to have a positive outlook...

as for smileys...it's important to laugh & smile...although sometimes I really have to try hard to...more often than not I am very happy...he he he :D ;)

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2002, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by britboy

Oh well, if you can't beat them, join them :p

I love running :D It's just not much fun to do it on your own. Takes two to tango, as they say. Mostly i like to go for long bike rounds in the forests nearby. That's a work-out and a half, riding up these hills.... great fun though!

I hear that...I actually ran better alone than with someone. I had one of those arm-wraparound walkmans that I always listened to. I tell u, if I didn't have that thing it would have been damned boring...

Plus it helped me not to concentrate on my breathing so much...which we all know is a vital aspect of running. When I didn't have it, I'd hear myself breathe hard after a while and I'd start thinking of how worn out I was feeling...but with it I didn't pay attention and was able to push myself harder...

just one of those weird ways I had of getting through it...;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 4, 2002, 07:17 AM
Nice sig there eye, ha.

We should make jello start a few threads just because he doesn't want to....

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2002, 07:21 AM
Nice sig there eye, ha.

We should make jello start a few threads just because he doesn't want to....

thanks duke...jello helped me out with it...

maybe we should team up with jefhatfield and make sure no new threads get started in here...then he'll be forced out of sheer boredom to start one?! ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 4, 2002, 07:30 AM
I'm sure if you pm'd jef and asked him to start one he'd do it. He's never been shy about it before. The only thing is there aren't that many topics left to discuss....

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2002, 08:01 AM
I'm sure if you pm'd jef and asked him to start one he'd do it. He's never been shy about it before. The only thing is there aren't that many topics left to discuss....

sure there are...

Macs & Cartoons
Macs & Favorite Breakfast Foods
Macs & Toothpaste Brands
Macs & Addictions
Macs & Speed

he he he....I could keep going if u really needed me to...:D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 4, 2002, 08:09 AM
Well post one already....see what sort of discussion we can get going:D

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2002, 08:21 AM
Well post one already....see what sort of discussion we can get going:D

ok...I've built it...will they come?? ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 4, 2002, 08:30 AM
You didn't pick a very good one, but lets see what happens.....

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2002, 08:33 AM

gee...thanks...:rolleyes:

just kidding...I figured it's still kinda early for the westcoasters...by the time we're almost ready for lunch...they would just be getting into their days...

but alas! I'll do another later if this one dies quickly...:eek: ;)

jelloshotsrule
Jun 4, 2002, 08:38 AM

well that was a bastard thing to say.

keep saying things like that and we'll see how long he remains the happy go lucky moderator.

i liked my idea better than the ones he listed.

and the one he picked was terrible. oh wait. was that out loud?!? what the #@%!%????

Mr. Anderson
Jun 4, 2002, 08:41 AM
Start you're own jello, there's nothing wrong with that and you have no 'image' to keep.

Good luck on the job, its happening soon, right?

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2002, 08:45 AM
Start you're own jello, there's nothing wrong with that and you have no 'image' to keep.

little did he realize that the whole point of the exercise was to get him to start up a thread....

ssssshhhhh!!!!! ;)

jelloshotsrule
Jun 4, 2002, 08:48 AM

Good luck on the job, its happening soon, right?

well, it was happening soon. the guy just called again and some problem came up at work that he's gotta take care of. so we're on for tomorrow.

i hate to think he's hosing me. he could've done that easily enough before, and this way he has to keep bothering with calling me. but i know my mom will see it that way, and thus will get kinda pissed and want me to find another job.

basically, if this cat doesn't give me a job tomorrow i'm gonna punch him, and myself, in the face.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 4, 2002, 08:51 AM

little did he realize that the whole point of the exercise was to get him to start up a thread....

ssssshhhhh!!!!! ;)

blah. who needs that.

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2002, 08:51 AM

basically, if this cat doesn't give me a job tomorrow i'm gonna punch him, and myself, in the face.

try not to sweat it too much...the worst part of having a job is trying to get one...

when I got out of tech school...it took me 6 months to land the job I now have...I am ready to move on...but that's another story ;)

I actually started sending out my resumé yesterday...I'm hoping to hear back from the local coffee company (Community Coffee for those familiar)...they are looking for a graphic designer...and I really need a more gratifying job soon...;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 4, 2002, 08:55 AM
Damn, sorry to hear that. But on the up side, if he's that busy, that's good for you. Good luck tomorrow, but I'd start looking again, today, because its just not worth sitting around for this one guy.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 4, 2002, 09:00 AM
Damn, sorry to hear that. But on the up side, if he's that busy, that's good for you. Good luck tomorrow, but I'd start looking again, today, because its just not worth sitting around for this one guy.

well i got mixed up with threads... but here's what i kinda said in the other one.

this guy is pretty much the last of the local graphics/video places... so in that sense, he's worth sitting around for, in that if i can at all get a job that will help me in my career, then it's much more valuable.

that said, i realize. i've looked for other jobs, but there's nothing 'good'. so i'm kinda biting my lip and hoping this works cause if not... well. there's a new burger king opening in town.... it'd be interesting to be a veggie working there eh?....

but yeah, i'll keep an eye out. i actually have to go meet my bro's friend cause he filmed a show this past weekend and i'm gonna edit it... it's at least $500 gig so it's not tiny. and i'll feel a bit productive in the mean time....

anyhoo. yeah. uggh.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 4, 2002, 09:07 AM
originally posted by eyelikeart

that would suck to have to settle for something u really do not want to do...

all I can say is just not to give up...it's tough out there...especially now...which is why I'm so freaked out about seeking out another job currently...but I look at it as I at least have something to pay my bills while I am looking...

as mischief has said to me & here in the threads..."whatever's happening is the right thing"...

yeah, i mean. i really want a good job. ie, something that i can learn from and use in my career. (as a struggling artist... ha). but i wouldn't mind too much getting a desk computer job. it would pay much less and more importantly. i'd get no future job experience really.... but yeah, at least at this point, i don't need the job to survive physically (mentally is another issue... ha). and everything will work out. on that note, i'm an optimist....

on another note.... i just got a short email from my girlfriend in spain... it's amazing how those people can brighten your day with just a few words..... blah. cheeseball!!!

Mr. Anderson
Jun 4, 2002, 09:22 AM
I spent my summers (3) cutting down trees for a trees service in Connecticut. That was the hardest job I ever had, I'd come home, take a shower and pass out - and I was 20. I was in the best shape of my life, though, climbing trees all day, hauling brush and lifting logs.

All the other guys were pretty tough too, and there would always be some sort of horsing around. I remember one guy grabbing me in a headlock and saying I'd never get out of it. Ha, I reached down lifted him up - all the while he still had me in the headlock, till his legs were in the air above his feet and I walked over to the side of one of the trucks and preceded to bang his head against it. He let go on the second shot...ah, nostalgia....

I still have all my climbing gear and occassionally do work for firewood, but that was another thread. So even though I didn't get work experience, I at least learned a trade that comes in useful now and again. So the point of all this, if you can't get a job doing what you plan on doing after graduation, don't narrow your search, take something that might come in useful.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 4, 2002, 09:38 AM
i see your point.

just wanna see what i can find that's a bit more along my lines first. and then. sure, i'll go from there. which will happen starting tomorrow around noon. unless i get a job from him.

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2002, 09:46 AM

and everything will work out. on that note, i'm an optimist....

on another note.... i just got a short email from my girlfriend in spain... it's amazing how those people can brighten your day with just a few words..... blah. cheeseball!!!

good! keep your head up...I'm telling u...things always work out how they should... :D

those emails aren't too cheesy...every now & then one of my best friends sends me those really long "learning a lesson from life" type of emails...usually cr@p I'd just delete...but sometimes when it's only addressed to me I'll read them...and I've been surprised...

but there's nothing like a nice friendly "hello" just to make u smile...

it's the little things in life that matter most...to me at least ;)

jelloshotsrule
Jun 4, 2002, 09:56 AM
good! keep your head up...I'm telling u...things always work out how they should... :D

those emails aren't too cheesy...every now & then one of my best friends sends me those really long "learning a lesson from life" type of emails...usually cr@p I'd just delete...but sometimes when it's only addressed to me I'll read them...and I've been surprised...

but there's nothing like a nice friendly "hello" just to make u smile...

it's the little things in life that matter most...to me at least ;)

yeah, being a religious kind of guy, i agree. they will all work out.

no no, the emails aren't cheesy. of course not. it was from my girlfriend to me. not cheesy. and it was just alight, cheery hello. i'm saying, my post where i started talking about the little words cheering someone up etc... that was getting a bit cheesy. ha

and i agree, the little things. such as a couple or 10 smileys... ha

"it's always small things that break you open, they're the only things sharp enough"

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2002, 10:03 AM
i'm saying, my post where i started talking about the little words cheering someone up etc... that was getting a bit cheesy. ha

and i agree, the little things. such as a couple or 10 smileys... ha

no worries there... ;)

Remember about 4 weeks ago after my girlfriend & I split up, I started talking about it on here? I started a thread...and somehow I got everyone to show their sensitive sides by exchanging "stories":eek:

that was quite interesting...helpful...and a bit cheesy...but damnit....I wasn't alone on that one! :D ;) :cool:

btw...I only used 5 smileys here...I actually think there's a limit to how many one can include in a post...I've gotten a message in the past saying there were too many...:confused:

ok..so 6 smiley....whatever...he he he

jelloshotsrule
Jun 4, 2002, 10:09 AM
Remember about 4 weeks ago after my girlfriend & I split up, I started talking about it on here? I started a thread...and somehow I got everyone to show their sensitive sides by exchanging "stories"

that was quite interesting...helpful...and a bit cheesy...but damnit....I wasn't alone on that one!

btw...I only used 5 smileys here...I actually think there's a limit to how many one can include in a post...I've gotten a message in the past saying there were too many...

ok..so 6 smiley....whatever...he he he

yeah i remember that. and i was hesitant to mention my girlfriend's email cause you and duke were the main ones going in the thread at that point so i didn' want to open any wounds... sorry if i did.

and yeah, stories... i don't have horror stories, but then again, i've had only 2 girlfriends. one was in middle school, hardly all that real. and then the current one, whom i am pretty sure will be the last.

smileys, yeah. i've gotten that message once too. me and row-dog were going back and forth about eye rolls and we kept upping the ante. well, i got shut down.... ha. i bet it's like 10 or so...

nice to see you changed the sig to a little less anti-jelloshotsrule... it used to be something like "according to...." which seemed a little like blowing off my title for you or something.... and down to 2 smileys within.... that's a record low isn't it???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2002, 10:18 AM
for the sake of saving a fraction of a second in refreshing the info for other users...if they actually come to this thread...I opted not to quote your last post...

but no worries...no wounds to fear...I haven't had the final resolution with her yet...but for the most part I've gone on with my life...there are times when I feel a little down on myself...but it's natural...I just haven't let it affect my life much...I have way too much going for me to slow down over a woman...

to be honest...she was the 3rd long-term relationship I've had since I was 16...and I've never really just dated women in general...so it's something I'm definitely looking forward to doing...he he he :D

and for the sig...I had to fix it...it just didn't sound all that nice...so now u have been given credit where credit's deserved...;)

I don't know what my record low is....I'm sure I'd posted a few times without using any smileys....just don't ask when or where...

jelloshotsrule
Jun 4, 2002, 10:25 AM
i'll go without quotes too..

good that you're optimistic and not letting it get you down.

i have never "dated" either. i kinda see any relationship as ideally having the potential for marriage. clearly, middle school is different. but hey.

yeah, it sounds better now (the signature).

i got shut down for too many smileys last time cause you had them in your post, which i quoted... so i just took them out...

as a moderator you should nkow the rules. ha

and.... out

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2002, 10:33 AM
ok...I'm still learning all the rules...I've helped duke out a little...and I've gotten some as well...

u just had to bust my chops on that one didn't u? ;)

and that's damned funny how u got shut out for quoting all of my smileys...he he he...how ironic?! :eek: :D

I feel the same way as u...any relationship has the potential for a lifetime committment...unless u know from the start it won't last...which I have subjected myself to with a 2.5 year deal...don't ask me what I was thinking...:rolleyes:

I honestly wish it were easy to influence everyone to feel optimistic & positive about all life has to offer...it is hard sometimes to hold that attitude all the time...but the more one does it...the easier it becomes...;)

jelloshotsrule
Jun 4, 2002, 11:02 AM
ok...I'm still learning all the rules...I've helped duke out a little...and I've gotten some as well...

u just had to bust my chops on that one didn't u? ;)

and that's damned funny how u got shut out for quoting all of my smileys...he he he...how ironic?! :eek: :D

I feel the same way as u...any relationship has the potential for a lifetime committment...unless u know from the start it won't last...which I have subjected myself to with a 2.5 year deal...don't ask me what I was thinking...:rolleyes:

I honestly wish it were easy to influence everyone to feel optimistic & positive about all life has to offer...it is hard sometimes to hold that attitude all the time...but the more one does it...the easier it becomes...;)

gotta use some quotes this time.... what do you mean by the first two paragraphs? i wasn't trying to bust your chops without quotes.... but if that's how you take it, then sweet! ha.

ironic indeed about dems smileys... haha.

yeah, i think too often folks are just out to get some ass these days.... whereas i think most/all relationships should at least be potentially long term. if not, then you're basically going in admitting you don't have long term plans, and thus just want some ass. which i don't believe in....

and yeah, the best way to do it is be positive yourself. and in order to do that, it's best to surround yourself with positive folks.... if you like indie rock or punk music in the slightest i'd suggest you check out sense field (i feel like i'm their pr person or something).. they're not all that hard sounding, in fact, some songs are quite soft and they are extremely positive.... if you want, pm me and i can try to set you up with a song or two or three....

one quote from them: "in the light of things hope". good stuff.

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2002, 11:42 AM
I was talking about u giving me a little ***** for knowing the rules since I'm a moderator...he he he...;)

I'm not into sleeping around either...it's just not what I really want...

my dad's always told me that...."to be successful...surround yourself with people who are..."

I see how it works in all areas of life :D

jelloshotsrule
Jun 4, 2002, 11:44 AM
I was talking about u giving me a little ***** for knowing the rules since I'm a moderator...he he he...;)

I'm not into sleeping around either...it's just not what I really want...

my dad's always told me that...."to be successful...surround yourself with people who are..."

I see how it works in all areas of life :D

ahh, now i follow. sometimes (often) i'm slow.

indeed. i'm glad to have positive people around me. especially my girlfriend. though when she was having trouble getting a job it was me telling her everything would work out.... and it has.

booyah!

oh yeah. let me know about the music thing.

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2002, 11:46 AM

oh yeah. let me know about the music thing.

ok...now I feel like I'm the one who's slow...

explain the music thing?! :confused: :eek: :D

jelloshotsrule
Jun 4, 2002, 11:52 AM

ok...now I feel like I'm the one who's slow...

explain the music thing?! :confused: :eek: :D

go check my second to last post (before this)

i talk about a band called sense field who has quite positive lyrics and maybe you'd be interested in hearing some of their stuff.....

and pm me about it. i'm gone for the rest of the afternoon. but will be back tonight, of course....

later.

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2002, 11:54 AM
ah hah... ;)

I'll have to see what I can find on them then...

thanks for the tip...I shall give u a report later on...

Mr. Anderson
Jun 4, 2002, 11:58 AM
So you two are a trip!

Eye, any luck on that pizza girl?

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2002, 12:03 PM
So you two are a trip!

Eye, any luck on that pizza girl?

ah...I was waiting to get asked about her...

I've been going there nearly once a week...consistently for almost a year now...and she's always there...

well...she was off work that night... :rolleyes:

what are the odds?! ha ha ha...next time ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 4, 2002, 12:08 PM
Ha, you and jello are currently living very simillar lives, eye and the woman and jello and the job....very curious.

Well good luck to the both of you.:D

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2002, 12:11 PM
Ha, you and jello are currently living very simillar lives, eye and the woman and jello and the job....very curious.

Well good luck to the both of you.:D

he he he....u know how they say...it's all relative... ;)

thanks for the wishes for luck...I'm optimistic it will all work out... :D