Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
I like the one touch diaper apps. Currently using myfavors.

As I use it in the car to call my wife I have to select speaker phone after touching the myfavors icon.

Please could I have option of going straight to speaker phone?

May be an option in settings or double or long tap for speaker.

Is this possible?

Thanks this would be very very useful. Think about the car driver and handsfree.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
I like the one touch diaper apps. Currently using myfavors.

As I use it in the car to call my wife I have to select speaker phone after touching the myfavors icon.

Please could I have option of going straight to speaker phone?

May be an option in settings or double or long tap for speaker.

Is this possible?

Thanks this would be very very useful. Think about the car driver and handsfree.

Nope, apps can't tell the phone to go directly into speaker phone, you'll have to tap twice.

NewMacGirl

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2007
I'd like this as well.

So its not possible to make it go to speaker automatically??

Its annoying having to first select the one touch dial button and then press the speaker button.

My biggest critisism of the iphone is using it in the car whilst driving. You have to look at it too much. The one touch is OK but the you have to concentrate and look for the speaker button.

I have a piece of self adhesive velcro attached to the back of my iphone case and its opposite on my dash so I can stick it on whenever I drive. this works great by the way,

The speaker volume and quality is great though.

Apple should give more thoughts to the driver/caller as I would say I do 90% of my calls in the car and I know many people are the same as me. You have privacy, some time and its an ideal time to make calls.

The having to wake it up then slide to unlock then press the one touch is dangerous on the move. Apple didn't provide one touch dial by the way it was the developers

I would like a one tap or slide to call icon from the unlock screen or even pressing the home button twice to start the phone and be able to programe my favourite number (AND in speaker)

I love my iphone but I want it to be perfect.

vandy1997

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2007
One option for you would be to purchase a bluetooth speakerphone and attach it to the visor of your car. I have bluetooth in my car, and when I make a call, it does it directly over the bluetooth system in my car (Audi Q7). It probably would do the same with a bluetooth speakerphone device. Then you could use the one-tap speed dial icons, and the transmission would take place over the bluetooth speakerphone. Hopefully that will help you. However, it would be better if the phone had a way to do it and Apple will implement such useful features.

I'd like this as well.

So its not possible to make it go to speaker automatically??

Its annoying having to first select the one touch dial button and then press the speaker button.

My biggest critisism of the iphone is using it in the car whilst driving. You have to look at it too much. The one touch is OK but the you have to concentrate and look for the speaker button.

I have a piece of self adhesive velcro attached to the back of my iphone case and its opposite on my dash so I can stick it on whenever I drive. this works great by the way,

The speaker volume and quality is great though.

Apple should give more thoughts to the driver/caller as I would say I do 90% of my calls in the car and I know many people are the same as me. You have privacy, some time and its an ideal time to make calls.

The having to wake it up then slide to unlock then press the one touch is dangerous on the move. Apple didn't provide one touch dial by the way it was the developers

I would like a one tap or slide to call icon from the unlock screen or even pressing the home button twice to start the phone and be able to programe my favourite number (AND in speaker)

I love my iphone but I want it to be perfect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.