PDA

View Full Version : Logic express vs logic pro and loops

Sarborg
Oct 29, 2008, 09:50 AM
Okay, i've really been looking at these programs, but everywhere i go on the net, i find information that is misleading. - i suppose i can ask my question here :p, so i can get my head straight.

A)What will i miss out, if i buy the "logic express 8" instead of buying the full Logic studio (pro)?

B)Can I create my own grooves and rythms on logic express - or does Logic express only support pre-made loops?

C) Does either of the two programs support my type of music, which is "trance/dance/ house/ hardstyle" e.c.t can i still be as creative in those genres as i can in other programs - and is there a difference on freedom of creativity in the "logic studio" and "logic express" in this specific genre ?

-thanks in advance -Sarborg a.k.a. DJ Evisia

MezicanGangxtah
Oct 29, 2008, 12:19 PM
Okay, i've really been looking at these programs, but everywhere i go on the net, i find information that is misleading. - i suppose i can ask my question here :p, so i can get my head straight.

A)What will i miss out, if i buy the "logic express 8" instead of buying the full Logic studio (pro)?

B)Can I create my own grooves and rythms on logic express - or does Logic express only support pre-made loops?

C) Does either of the two programs support my type of music, which is "trance/dance/ house/ hardstyle" e.c.t can i still be as creative in those genres as i can in other programs - and is there a difference on freedom of creativity in the "logic studio" and "logic express" in this specific genre ?

-thanks in advance -Sarborg a.k.a. DJ Evisia

A) Well basicaly what you miss out on if you buy express is that you dont get sculpture instrument or vintage instruments or a few other things plus u dont get the other programs Logic studio comes with like mainstage soundtrack pro 2 and waveburner and in logic studio you get like 18,000 loops and in express i think you get close to 5000 to see what you dont get compare both of what comes bundled with each and see which one fits you best at Apple.com/logicstudio and apple.com/logicexpress

B) Both can do the same exact things since theyre both logic, you can record midi,instruments use loops, rearrange tracks everything it really is an awesome program the differnce is that logic studio comes with other seperate programs.

C) Both are the same program and logic is great for any genre! from dance/techno/trance to hip hop pop rnb heck you can compose an orchestra or make sum smooth jazz or country music anything is possible!

hope this helps

Sarborg
Oct 30, 2008, 02:59 AM
A) Well basicaly what you miss out on if you buy express is that you dont get sculpture instrument or vintage instruments or a few other things plus u dont get the other programs Logic studio comes with like mainstage soundtrack pro 2 and waveburner and in logic studio you get like 18,000 loops and in express i think you get close to 5000 to see what you dont get compare both of what comes bundled with each and see which one fits you best at Apple.com/logicstudio and apple.com/logicexpress

B) Both can do the same exact things since theyre both logic, you can record midi,instruments use loops, rearrange tracks everything it really is an awesome program the differnce is that logic studio comes with other seperate programs.

C) Both are the same program and logic is great for any genre! from dance/techno/trance to hip hop pop rnb heck you can compose an orchestra or make sum smooth jazz or country music anything is possible!

hope this helps

Thank you - this was probably the best, and most informative answer i've ever recieved online :o - thank you

SigmundFraud
Oct 30, 2008, 02:24 PM
If I recall correctly, Express doesn't support surround sound. For most audio work stereo is still king, so not a big deal unless you're into pro video production.