Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
So if i have a high speed connection in my house will my touch pick up hte signal from there and ill be able to use wifi?

justan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
lol sorry if i sound stupid, im not like super computer smart, high speed is a wireless connection right?

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
If you have DSL or Cable Internet access you will need a router to share the connection with your main computer and a wireless device to transmit it to your iPod Touch.

You can get a router that has the wireless transmitter built in or they can be two seperate boxes. And sometimes the DSL or Cable Modem has the router and wireless transmitter all in one.

So, what kind of internet access do you have?

Obama

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2008
Yes you need to buy a router to get a wifi signal. but first see if you get one for free i.e. maybe your neighbors router is not password protected and you can get on their signal.

justan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
well right now i have dial up but im movin in a week or so and gonna get high speed. Idk what yet though. Ill look out for the router/wireless transmitter in one. Id rather have one box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.