Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdmlight

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Chicagoland Suburbs
I have an iPod Video that recently died. Its motherboard/logic board died (it would freeze a few times daily, and many songs had terrible skipping - like listening to a CD full of fingerprints). I wiped the hard drive multiple times and that didn't help. So therefore I am diagnosing this iPod as dead.

I have since gone back to my iPod Mini. It still works great - and I upgraded the Compactflash card to a 32GB one, so space isn't an issue anymore.

But now I am stuck with a sometimes-working, extremely flaky iPod Video. I know I can sell it on eBay, but I want to know if there is a better option, especially since I have my name engraved on the back (so its value is considerably less).

Thoughts?

jdmlight

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Chicagoland Suburbs
You can try to cahnge the logic board or whatelse is damaged. Look at ifixit web page.
Yeah, but I've repaired many iPods before, and usually there is more than one thing broken when something goes...

Plus the main board is like $60...I really just want to get rid of it somehow, but don't really know of any other options than eBay...and I don't like selling broken stuff on eBay because it can turn in to a hassle.

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
trash%20can.jpeg

My 2 cents.

thinkmark

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2008
I'm having the same issue, wha should i do with it. I dont wanna another paper weight...

jdmlight

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Chicagoland Suburbs
I'm having the same issue, wha should i do with it. I dont wanna another paper weight...
If you don't have another iPod to replace it with (like I do), they really aren't too hard to fix. The worst part is getting the shiny back off, but if you're patient, you'll get it. Once you're inside it's easy as pie.

Mmm...pie...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.