Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lornholio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
This is could be one for the Macbook/MBP forum, let me know...

I have recently bought my new Macbook and need to output my display to the Macbook's screen, my external monitor and my TV. Most of the time I will work with an extended desktop across the Macbook screen and the monitor but I will switch to the TV when watching DVDs/etc. My monitor connection is VGA (DVI connection provides no contrast adjustment on the monitor's control panel) and my TV takes and S-video. I can get adapters & cables for those fine and I have seen these types of adapters on eBay which split a DVI to a DVI and VGA, which would connect everything fine in conjunction with the DisplayPort adapter and DVI to S-video adapter I have already (need to check DVI-D/DVI-I on the splitter).

So I know everything will connect up OK, but would this setup be usable? Could I just flip between a high-res output setting in OS-X when working on my monitor, and a low-res output setting when I want to view on the TV? I know from my old PC that my TV/S-video will accept an 800x600 signal.

Hop that all made sense. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.