PDA

View Full Version : Oregon is the Smartest State in the Union w/ Regards to Elections

bobber205
Oct 30, 2008, 12:26 AM
Because of the mail in ballots.

Why hasn't every state adapted this?

EricNau
Oct 30, 2008, 12:32 AM
Everyone in California has the ability to request a mail-in (absentee) ballot.

thechidz
Oct 30, 2008, 12:35 AM
ummm i think colorado also has mail ins. perhaps others as well.

.Andy
Oct 30, 2008, 12:37 AM
The whole of Australia has mail in ballots. Just to gloat :p.

ucfgrad93
Oct 30, 2008, 12:40 AM
ummm i think colorado also has mail ins. perhaps others as well.

Not mandatory, however. You can request one if you want or go to the polls.

Iscariot
Oct 30, 2008, 12:55 AM
The whole of Australia has mail in ballots. Just to gloat :p.

The polling station for my riding was located in my building. I voted in my pyjamas :3

SMM
Oct 30, 2008, 01:06 AM
I have bee using bail-in ballots for many years (10 at least). Not only is it more convenient, I have plenty of time to read the "voter's pamphlet" while I am actually voting.

bradl
Oct 30, 2008, 01:10 AM
Nebraska has had them for at least 12 - 13 years. I requested one for when I lived in Sydney at the time, and it was sent to me. Instead of sending it back, I dropped it off at the Consulate, which handled the mail back for me.

I'm sure there are plenty of states handling mail-in ballots. Otherwise the armed forces wouldn't be able to vote.

BL.

CalBoy
Oct 30, 2008, 01:15 AM
The polling station for my riding was located in my building. I voted in my pyjamas :3

Best pics EVAR. ;):p

Why hasn't every state adapted this?

Well some people (like me for example) like to go to vote in person.

In California the choice is yours. :)

.Andy
Oct 30, 2008, 02:39 PM
This doesn't count because you live in the attic of your town hall. I've seen the way you scale buildings.

Peace
Oct 30, 2008, 02:57 PM
Washington State has mail-in ballots also.

bobber205
Oct 30, 2008, 06:13 PM
I think all states should adapt it as it would greatly reduce the effects of intimadating the minorities...
And I really meant to say the requirement of having to use a mailin ballot. If people are too lazy to vote, then also probably too lazy to request a mail in.

EricNau
Oct 30, 2008, 07:26 PM
I think all states should adapt it as it would greatly reduce the effects of intimadating the minorities...
And I really meant to say the requirement of having to use a mailin ballot. If people are too lazy to vote, then also probably too lazy to request a mail in.
Sounds expensive.

Besides, if they're too lazy to request a mail-in ballot (an extremely easy process, by the way), what makes you think they'll take the time to vote? Or even register? I can't vouch for Oregon, but I think our system in California is perfect the way it is.