PDA

View Full Version : Plugins

GregBoccuti
Oct 30, 2008, 01:37 PM
Just switched to Logic Studio after being a longtime ProTools user. I work full time for a remote recording company, and I was just getting tired of having to "real time" bounce 4 hours of straight recorded data in ProTools.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for some good plugins for Logic. Money isn't too much of a concern, so any suggestions would be great.

Drumjim85
Oct 30, 2008, 01:40 PM
were you using PT TDM? .. if so, you can still use all of those plugins in logic TDM mode.

junior
Oct 30, 2008, 02:39 PM
As a PT user, I'm sure you were using Waves. All the plugs will work as AU.
In fact I think almost all plugins that you'll have used in PT will have their AU versions available (notable exceptions being McDSP & Massey).

thevibesman
Nov 6, 2008, 03:55 AM
I'm not a ProTools guy myself, but am just curious, does ProTools only realtime bounce? Or is that only with certain (plugin?) settings?

WinterMute
Nov 6, 2008, 11:20 AM
Protools has only ever been an online bounce, the majority of effects are RTAS or TDM and are real-time processors.

3rdpath
Nov 6, 2008, 11:54 AM
i love altiverb, massey tape head simulation & speakerphone.

liquid mix works well for me but many have had issues with it so i'd proceed with caution. it sounds great, the price is right and the physical interface makes tweaking quite easy.

GregBoccuti
Dec 23, 2008, 09:30 AM
As a PT user, I'm sure you were using Waves. All the plugs will work as AU.
In fact I think almost all plugins that you'll have used in PT will have their AU versions available (notable exceptions being McDSP & Massey).

Its quite unfortunate about McDSP. Through my educational institution, I had a deal where I could get all the McDSP plugins for $99.

UgLy KoeRner
Dec 25, 2008, 05:17 PM
"real time" bounce what do U all mean by this...and why is it such a problem? sorry im not technilogically advanced but I do love to record my own music and was just about to purchase the Mbox pro for my MBP.

junior
Dec 26, 2008, 02:49 AM
Its quite unfortunate about McDSP. Through my educational institution, I had a deal where I could get all the McDSP plugins for $99.

Yeah, they make some great plugins. The classic pack's been the bare minimum for me over the last several years.
Their still working on their AU port apparently though there's no time frame at the moment.

junior
Dec 26, 2008, 02:51 AM
"real time" bounce what do U all mean by this...and why is it such a problem? sorry im not technilogically advanced but I do love to record my own music and was just about to purchase the Mbox pro for my MBP.

It just means that bouncing the file (exporting your mix) takes as long as the actual playing time, rather than with other DAWs where one can bounce offline which means the time it takes to bounce is dependent on the processor, a bit like encoding a file.