Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delirium39

macrumors regular
May 19, 2008
Additionally, I know that Trism (iPhone App you see in the link above) only cost $500 to develop.

Knowing that information, I will keep this project under $1,000 - being as it is an extremely simple game creation for someone who has existing experience with creating iPhone or iPod Touch applications.

I think there's a flaw in your logic here. Trism may have cost $500, but that was back before people knew how much money there was to be made on the App Store. Now, if you hired someone to make a game, it'd be at least $100 an hour (that's pretty cheap actually), especially if you're not giving them a percentage of the profits. And any good game will take more than ten hours to complete.

forcesteeler

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
Ha ha $500? are you on crack?. The Most Basic App will cost you about $700-$1000 easy and im taking about Indian/Ukraine Programmers!. hiring a US Programmer forget about it(They want $40-$100 per hour).

That Puzzle game has complex 2D animation/logic. You are looking at min $5,000 easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.