Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Hey yeah I'm going to preorder it because it comes out in the UK at decemeber 12th. My spec is in my signature but not sure if I can play it? The requirements arent out yet, but what do you think?

Rodus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Midlands, UK
The specs for most new mac games at the moment seem to be "C2D, 1BG, Radeon X1600/Gf 7300 w.128MB" If you have the Nvidia 8800 iMac then you should be laughing, if it's the HD 2600 then I suspect it'll run ok but you'll have to knock some graphics settings down.
This is of course if it is actually released, there's been so many problems and delays with this port (and Gears of War) that it would hardly be a shock if it was cancelled. Why not boot camp it and buy the (cheaper) PC version.

hankolerd

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
Seattle, WA
I doubt it will release then. Their site still says "Coming Spring 2008". I think they probably just cancelled it and didn't tell anyone. You can keep hoping though. :apple:

Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
ive got the hd 2600, it is because you can preorder it on amazon? also im not sure about boot camp because a boy i know did it and he did it wrong and his computer broke?!

Rodus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Midlands, UK
You can't break a mac by bootcamping, at the worst you'd have to do an OS re-install but nothing worse. The 2600 will run it with the graphics settings played with a bit, as for Amazon, I'm in the UK as well and saw that on their website but I'd lay the blame at Macsoft's door for not releasing any details about what the hell's going on.
Bottom line, I doubt it'll be released then, cancel the Amazon order, buy PC version, set up Bootcamp, you will not break your mac.

Kosh66

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2004

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
It is indeed coming, but no one knows when. Not even, Amazon *shock* Turns out they have been putting imaginary release dates on their website for quite a while, and when that date comes and goes, they just stick a new, later release date on :rolleyes: So, yeah, ignore Amazon..

Anyway, UT3 plays pretty well on my 2.4ghz ATI2600 20" iMac via Bootcamp/windows XP. I doubt the Mac port will be as fluid however, going on past experience from just about every other Mac game out there, so im not sure the Mac version would run so well on my iMac (But i'll try the demo, if and when we get it)

Theres mutterings on the Epic games forum of a new, expanded version of UT, so I wonder if the Mac version is being held back for that.

Great game though it is, glitches and poor customer relations from Epic pretty much doomed UT3 to failure.. Not many online players :(
Im hoping one way or another however, that things pick up!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.