Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Towelie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
Hi, I have a Santa Rosa 2.0 Macbook. I've had this problem before in the past and found a fix after a couple weeks of searching however I recently installed leopard again and seem to have run into the problem once again. I can't seem to find the same fix I found before, so here the problem....

Whenever I close the lid to my Macbook, the apple turns off the light on the case and everything seems like it's all good. I put the macbook in my bag, and then take it out when I get to school and the thing is wicked hot. when I open it no responce from it and the LED on the front is lit up solid, no turning off then on like normally it would when it sleeps. I'm forced to restart the machine and go through all of this again when I need to.

Now, I know the fix for this has to do with Terminal, and it's just a single line command. It's not turning off the Safe sleep feature, nothing to do with restarting the PRAM or anything like that. It's just a single command and it fixed it last time.

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.