Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Selecter

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2003
West Virginia
Seems like we need another 10 or so CPU's going on our best day to reach into the red zone. Been at the same level twice now - cant seem to bust over 28500. :confused:

Seeing the team name in red would be quite cool and get noticed by many foes above us. Put that extra CPU on and lets see our name in RED! :cool:

shemp9999

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
i added a g4 800 yesterday, and thanks for reminding me, i was gonna add a dual 1.4 G4 today...

added the dually and another 733 G4. noticed a dual 2ghz i can use, too. maybe tomorrow.

shemp9999

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
there ARE a lot of extra cycles around here. :D:D:D

Selecter, sorry to hear of the employer crackdown. hope they didn't give yo a hard time. it's a worry of mine, but i'm trying to keep within defensible limits. :D but, i'm working for a pretty employee/tech-friendly company. :cool:

Selecter

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2003
West Virginia
So am I really - they even allowed me to put it on a Server - but then they yanked it after the poor Dell could not take it :D it wore that Dell Poweredge into a nervous breakdown LOL.

So since they offered to host it there they couldnt really do anything to me, but they let me know they couldnt help me out anymore. :p

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Well if Rower and mc68k would get back to their past folding levels, we'd have the red...

What's up with that guys?

I'll add new machines as soon as I get them, just waiting for the Rev B G5....

D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I'm with you Mr. Anderson. I'm not really sure what this "Red Zone" means though. Are you saying that we can effect how effieicnty the process works to help the team?

I also want to get a Rev. B G5 just not sure yet when I will be able to upgrade. It depends on several factors. My eye is on a dual mid or upper level MHz range.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Hopefully when my stats get included it will help to push the team into the Red Zone. That will be a momentous occasion.

Definitely your G5 will push the team over. Let's go STeve, so our team can be the first Mac team to make "Red."

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by wdlove
Definitely your G5 will push the team over. Let's go STeve, so our team can be the first Mac team to make "Red."

Figure a dual 2.0 G5 will about 200 points a day...we'll need a few more than 1 more G5....:D

D

Selecter

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2003
West Virginia
Well we have hit 28.5K twice in the last 2 weeks.

Somebody has put something new on - lookit the stats, the WU's completed took a 10-12 + increase since this morning.

My bet is it's that doggawn Shemp acting up again. That naughty stooge. :D

shemp9999

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
not sure what's up - i've completed 160 WUs so far today for a teeny total of about 750 points.:confused:

i haven't had time to try and figure out why.

normally, i do 25-40 or so WUs a day.

Selecter

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2003
West Virginia
it's 3446 mgiddy. Thanks - we need every CPU we can get!

I wanna see Macrumors Team Folding in red he he

lookit the WU counts. They have gone up pretty fast today. maybe Panda is releasing mini-me WU's or something. Takes 2 hours, get 19 points? I dunno.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by mgiddy911
whats your team number, i would be interested in helping out

Welcome to the team, thanks for the support, we have an FAQ in this forum and we would be very happy if you could help us reach this next goal...

I haven't done much of any Major folding in the past... I'm gonna ask my friends if I can install it...

jbg

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2003
Wichita, KS
259's

Originally posted by shemp9999
not sure what's up - i've completed 160 WUs so far today for a teeny total of about 750 points.:confused:

i haven't had time to try and figure out why.

normally, i do 25-40 or so WUs a day.

Maybe you got a boat load of those (new) 259's, with zero credit? That would do it. I hope that is a typo!

There may be a few bugs in the stats page, check out G5's page. If you did the math, (but I didn't) he should have million or so points?

Selecter

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2003
West Virginia
Well, I got the AMD back into the fray so I'm cooking with all I got for now. Weather was so damn miserable here (ICE) that I couldnt get to the show this weekend to check for cheap folding machines. BAH! :mad:

shemp9999

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
Maybe you got a boat load of those (new) 259's, with zero credit? That would do it. I hope that is a typo!

There may be a few bugs in the stats page, check out G5's page. If you did the math, (but I didn't) he should have million or so points?

wound out with 182 WU for the day, with 911 points. today i'm at 54 WU with 892 points.

and there's 8 more WU worth 19 points not yet on the e-oc stats page...

i didn't get any 259s. and actually, i've got too many macnines running to track down what's up :D, but i have seen my fah stats page incrementing the WU count as mightily as extremeoverclocking is/was.

whre's G5s stats page?

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Well if Rower and mc68k would get back to their past folding levels, we'd have the red...

What's up with that guys?

I'll add new machines as soon as I get them, just waiting for the Rev B G5....

D

Well, mc68k is doing more on the RC5 project these days, but our PCs are all still folding.

With the new firepower on the team it just seems like we're both doing less, but really, it's just one of us. ;)

jbg

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2003
Wichita, KS
Originally posted by shemp9999
wound out with 182 WU for the day, with 911 points. today i'm at 54 WU with 892 points.

and there's 8 more WU worth 19 points not yet on the e-oc stats page...

i didn't get any 259s. and actually, i've got too many macnines running to track down what's up :D, but i have seen my fah stats page incrementing the WU count as mightily as extremeoverclocking is/was.

whre's G5s stats page?

See what you think,

http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/userpage?name=G5

If you need help keeping track of machines, you could put in "jbgeorge" for the user, and I'll help you out.https://forums.macrumors.com/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=697758#

shemp9999

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
heh,

that is a lot of WU.

thanks for the offer, but i think i'll keep my user data intact. :D besides, you'd need firewall access to grep logs and such on a bunch of machines to see where the units are flowing from/thru, eh?

i have scripts that collect unitinfo.txt info from almost all the machines, but haven't set up log parsing scripts yet. been a bit busy.

or is there a website i'm missing?

http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/userpage?name=shemp9999

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/member_overview.php?UserID=63611

shemp9999

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
culprit found.

Selecter sed:

Somebody has put something new on - lookit the stats, the WU's completed took a 10-12 + increase since this morning.

My bet is it's that doggawn Shemp acting up again. That naughty stooge.

Then i finally got off my butt and noticed:
cat ~/.fah/fah{1,2}/FAHlog.txt | grep EARLY_UNIT_END | wc -l

yeah baby yeah! that something new was i added a machine that has obvious hardware problems (DP1.4 GHz).

it was failing once per proc every 5 or six minutes for the past few days. oh well, i had thought i had an impressive WU to point ratio. :rolleyes:

i've crontab -l dd dd'ed and killall fah4'ed it back to normalcy, er harmless inactivity.

that's reduces my new contribs this week to 2 733's and an 800. hopin' to get onto that G5 2x2Ghz next week sometime.

i'll have to get systems to replace that bad machine though :D

p.s.
these are representative of the errors i am seeing:

[20:03:13] Quit 101 - Fatal error: ci = -2147483648 should be in 0 .. 2196 [FILE nsgrid.c, LINE 215]
[20:14:05] Quit 101 - Fatal error: NaN detected: (ener[13])

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.