PDA

View Full Version : the one artist you want iTunes to carry!

acidrock
Feb 5, 2004, 06:38 PM
What's the one artist you want iTunes to have that they have not had. Please only name one, no lists!

Radiohead (They had this, anyone know why they got removed?)

dukemeiser
Feb 5, 2004, 06:46 PM
Sevendust

sinbushar
Feb 5, 2004, 10:22 PM
bright eyes

Kingsnapped
Feb 5, 2004, 10:26 PM
Five Iron Frenzy

AngryLawnGnome
Feb 6, 2004, 12:18 AM
Holy crap Kingsnapped Yes! Five-Iron Frenzy rocks! Also, kiko veneno.

vollspacken
Feb 6, 2004, 06:43 AM
I don't know if they are on there..:

- underworld
- 4hero
- kraftwerk

and...

- ...PROBOT!!!

R.O.C.K. !!!

vSpacken

iGav
Feb 6, 2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by vollspacken
I don't know if they are on there..:

yeah, it'd be nice if us Euro guys actually had an iTMS to actually use.... heheheh *twiddles thumbs*

wordmunger
Feb 6, 2004, 08:08 AM
I was going to say "Eurythmics" but I just checked the store and they've been added! Downloading the Greatest Hits now!

applebum
Feb 6, 2004, 08:54 AM
Bob Seger (sp?)

Foucault
Feb 6, 2004, 01:37 PM
Linkin Park!!!

mike3k
Feb 6, 2004, 02:51 PM
Dave Matthews Band
Beatles
Led Zeppelin
Babaloo ("Punk Mambo")
XLNC
Punjabi MC
(I'd like to see ANY Bhangra or Indian pop added)

metric152
Feb 6, 2004, 05:28 PM
Air

There one of the greatest french bands ive heard.

dukemeiser
Feb 6, 2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Foucault
Linkin Park!!!

Good call.

acidrock
Feb 6, 2004, 11:03 PM
MOFRO

bennetsaysargh
Feb 8, 2004, 01:24 PM
beatles. flat out beatles.
and the toasters for all the ska people out there.

glyph
Feb 8, 2004, 04:57 PM
masters of reality

i found one song from them on a george harrison tribute cd.

sethypoo
Feb 8, 2004, 05:09 PM
Beatles!

medea
Feb 8, 2004, 05:30 PM
just one?
Will Oldham.

or how about everyone on Domino Records?

the_mole1314
Feb 8, 2004, 09:10 PM
Blue Man Group

foofan
Feb 9, 2004, 08:45 AM
FOO FIGHTERS!

trebblekicked
Feb 9, 2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by medea
just one?
Will Oldham.

or how about everyone on Domino Records?

2nd.

or maybe thrill jockey's lineup.

Dont Hurt Me
Feb 9, 2004, 02:11 PM
David Crosby from Crosby Stills and Nash. would like to find Hero. Great song about him screwing up while his child is growing up on the outside.

Toppa G's
Feb 9, 2004, 06:00 PM
I would agree that the Beatles need to be on the store, although it probably will take a LONG time.

Originally posted by applebum
Bob Seger (sp?)

My dad has all of the Bob Seger CDs...for amusement, I've put in a number of requests for Bob Seger on iTMS, but haven't seen it yet

Mr. Tibb
Feb 9, 2004, 10:00 PM
RADIOHEAD, absolutely without doubt.

guyute
Feb 9, 2004, 10:25 PM
The String Cheese Incident

RedStar
Feb 10, 2004, 02:22 PM
NineInchNails - Pretty Hate Machine

they carry NIN but they should definatly have this album.

janey
Feb 10, 2004, 04:13 PM
i would say radiohead, but i already have most of the songs...so...
hindu rodeo i guess. they're not that bad. their first album is on their website (they say that theyre samples, but they really arent :p ), but the second isnt :(

edge9in
Feb 10, 2004, 06:18 PM
TOOL!

Phelark
Feb 10, 2004, 08:25 PM
Orbital. For a band that's been around for so long, you'd think they would have more than four songs on the iTMS.

rwclark
Feb 10, 2004, 09:53 PM
Dave Matthews

SeaFox
Feb 11, 2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Phelark
Orbital. For a band that's been around for so long, you'd think they would have more than four songs on the iTMS.

Yeah!

I want Autechre, too.

SeaFox
Feb 11, 2004, 02:01 AM
Add N to (X)

RedStar
Feb 11, 2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by edge9in
TOOL!

OMFG YES!!!!
they are in desperate need of TOOL.
WTF!

bennetsaysargh
Feb 11, 2004, 05:44 PM
also, blondie! all they have is the band from movie soundtracks.

Mike Teezie
Feb 12, 2004, 02:23 PM
Radiohead

Sasha3
Feb 14, 2004, 11:23 AM
ZAPPA ZAPPA ZAPPA ZAPPA ZAPPA ZAPPA ZAPPA!

it can't happen heeeeeerrrrrrr...

pivo6
Feb 14, 2004, 07:34 PM
How about more than one Van Morrison album. They have just added his newest release, but there are so many classics from the past that aren't there yet. :(

jacobslateralus
Feb 15, 2004, 04:53 AM
as a giant Tool fan myself, I personally think Tool will never, nor should ever, be on ITMS unless it starts having downloads at full cd quality or higher. There is absoutly no way I would ever download just one song. And no way I'd ever download the whole cd compressed when I can get the full quality cd at even twice the price. I'm sorry, but with Tool I will make no compromises.

skymac
Feb 16, 2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by guyute
Nice Calll, they are on egreat band.
Any ways i was going to Gov't mule but noticed they've already been added so im gunna say anything with dave matthews, Zeppelin, string cheese like guyute said. Thats about all i can think of right now of course it doenst really matter what i think since i cant even use the store

King Cobra
Feb 16, 2004, 07:03 PM
For the two previous posters that said Linkin Park...

(A) Nice. :D

(B) I don't think Linkin Park has agreed to letting websites, much less the iTMS, host their songs for ≈$1 downloads. Likewise, I think several bands are doing this now, so their music may never be seen on the iTMS.

I'm not sure if Sevendust has the same thing going on, but tell me that's not so. Because I have a few recommendations — and some ass kicking to do — once I see their music online. :eek:

SilvorX
Feb 16, 2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by applebum
Bob Seger (sp?)
ya, I've checked about 10 times now on and off to see if they have any music by bob and NOTHING so far, they even have canadian bands nobody's ever heard of (although i'm a fan of those bands) on iTMS but no bobby S

bennetsaysargh
Feb 17, 2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
For the two previous posters that said Linkin Park...

(A) Nice. :D

(B) I don't think Linkin Park has agreed to letting websites, much less the iTMS, host their songs for ≈$1 downloads. Likewise, I think several bands are doing this now, so their music may never be seen on the iTMS.

I'm not sure if Sevendust has the same thing going on, but tell me that's not so. Because I have a few recommendations — and some ass kicking to do — once I see their music online. :eek:

i am pretty sure them and the red hot chilli peppers have not let their stuff onto any music stores online because the believe that an album should be listened to in it's entirety, which can be thought of as hypocritical because they release singles and make music videos for one song.
oh well:rolleyes:

SeaFox
Feb 18, 2004, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
i am pretty sure them and the red hot chilli peppers have not let their stuff onto any music stores online because the believe that an album should be listened to in it's entirety, which can be thought of as hypocritical because they release singles and make music videos for one song.
oh well:rolleyes:

I suppose that is why the Red Hot Chili Peppers have their greatest hits album on the iTMS?

bennetsaysargh
Feb 18, 2004, 02:29 PM
i too have noticed that, but none of their albums are on iTMS.

ibilly
Feb 19, 2004, 10:35 PM
The beatles, the BARE NAKED LADIES(!!!!!) and Dave Mathews. On an unrelated note, why are some albums listed as incomplete even if they have all the songs from the album?

jeffgarden
Feb 20, 2004, 08:35 AM
what's weird is Radiohead said in an interview (it was on Rocknews.com but i dunno who it was with originally) that they were glad they had fullfilled their album commitment with their record company and felt they can go in any direction now, maybe even not releasing albums. And they specifically mentioned iTunes as a new way to get music out. And they're not even on it :p

I'd like to see Wellwater Conspiracy on it. That's Matt Cameron's (Soundgarden, Pearl Jam) side project but they release every album on a new record label so I can see how that may not be easy to do.

the_mole1314
Feb 20, 2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by ibilly
The beatles, the BARE NAKED LADIES(!!!!!) and Dave Mathews. On an unrelated note, why are some albums listed as incomplete even if they have all the songs from the album?

BNL is already on iTMS.

bankshot
Feb 20, 2004, 05:31 PM
I doubt anyone here shares my musical tastes, but I'll say it anyway. :D

Greg Howe (http://www.greghowe.com/)

Absolutely amazing, mind-blowing guitar player. Some of his older albums are especially difficult to find (even Amazon doesn't have any), but all we need is one copy to import into iTMS. Then the dedicated fans such as myself can buy it even though it's "out of print."

rikers_mailbox
Feb 21, 2004, 02:14 AM

nice user name. . .

-riker

bennetsaysargh
Feb 24, 2004, 05:39 PM
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist?artistId=4071404

string cheese incident got added. i found out because i signed up for the new music tuesdays newsletter.

they're watching:eek:

judith
Feb 25, 2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by RedStar
OMFG YES!!!!
they are in desperate need of TOOL.
WTF!
Most of us TOOL fans already own the disks!:D

Doctor Q
Feb 25, 2004, 01:36 AM
The String Cheese Incident I think they added The String Cheese Incident today!

My votes: The Beatles. I already have every Foo Fighters CD, otherwise they would be first.

Doctor Q
Feb 25, 2004, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Sasha3

it can't happen heeeeeerrrrrrr... Sasha Creamcheese, what's got into you? :) (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Check out Tequila Grandma (http://forums.macrumors.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=17004)'s biography. Looks like there are three of us Zappers here!

Awimoway
Feb 25, 2004, 02:21 AM
I've had several that I MOST wanted, but currently it's

The Detroit Cobras

Bartholomew
Feb 27, 2004, 02:22 AM
I think I'd have an easier time naming a band I tried to find on the iTunes store and was successful in finding. At this time, they carry very little of what I've been interested in downloading.

acidrock
Feb 29, 2004, 05:53 PM
evanesance!

bennetsaysargh
Feb 29, 2004, 06:13 PM
evanescence would be good to have. i just realized that they aren't on there. another great band is tsunami bomb!

phatjazz
Mar 3, 2004, 07:39 PM
A must! With all her tracklisting (from every album)!!!!undefined

G6iPod
Mar 5, 2004, 12:30 PM
Slightly Stoopid. If you like Sublime (as you should), you will like Slightly Stoopid.

Also, a more complete selection from each artist, rather than one album, or one partial album.

jbembe
Mar 6, 2004, 01:33 PM
A must! With all her tracklisting (from every album)!!!!undefined

Erykah Badu RULES!

What about adding Metallica?

elephanttrainer
Mar 6, 2004, 02:23 PM
BREE SHARP

If you haven't heard this young woman before, I recommend highly you go get this. Not on iTunes. The only album I have is MORE B.S.

Not only does she sound good, but she is hot.

bennetsaysargh
Mar 6, 2004, 04:30 PM
Erykah Badu RULES!

What about adding Metallica?

metallica would be good, since you know, the anti-napster thing :o

the_mole1314
Mar 7, 2004, 06:39 PM
Well, Blue Man is now on iTMS, so I have to change my vote. My new vote is for Evanesence.

pepita
Mar 8, 2004, 06:47 AM
Calexico, seen as they haven't been mentioned yet

I also join the calls for Air, Radiohead, Beatles and Zappa

can't think of others I've noticed as missing so far... ah yeah, Boards of Canada.

but first of all Apple needs to make the MS available outside the US!!

Sasha3
Mar 9, 2004, 10:03 AM
Captain Beefheart!

PCGamer11
Mar 10, 2004, 01:28 PM
MetallicA!!!! even tho i have all their stuff and a lot of live ****, they need to be o there so others can enjoy their aweosme metal-ness!! huzzah!!

applemacdude
Mar 15, 2004, 10:41 PM
Rammstein and Linkin Park

beverson
Apr 29, 2004, 02:24 PM
Foo Fighters are up now.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist?artistId=6906197

Doctor Q
Apr 29, 2004, 03:22 PM
Foo Fighters are up now.[/url]Woo hoo!!

My favorite group!

On the other hand, I have all four of their CDs, and 2 songs that aren't on their albums, so why do I care about iTMS?

On the other other hand, I like seeing them get the publicity and their cut of the sales.

sianm
May 2, 2004, 11:21 PM
The Beat Junkies, they have created the world as we know it of Turntablism, also anything to do with the Dilated Peoples.

busasa
May 9, 2004, 08:24 PM
the 'Tallica boys definately should be on the store, even though i think people will be better off buying the cd version. They are the best!!

Steradian
May 16, 2004, 08:50 PM
Rammstein
They were on iTMS for a while, not sure why they are gone now though....anyway INFLAMES! \m/(º•º)\m/, it would also be nice to have the Beatles, Zep, and lacuna Coil too..

mike3k
May 19, 2004, 10:48 AM
Dave Matthews

Yes! I see the band is selling all of their albums as downloads in their online store, but only in WMA format.

g30ffr3y
May 19, 2004, 11:08 AM
what's weird is Radiohead said in an interview (it was on Rocknews.com but i dunno who it was with originally) that they were glad they had fullfilled their album commitment with their record company and felt they can go in any direction now, maybe even not releasing albums. And they specifically mentioned iTunes as a new way to get music out. And they're not even on it :p

I'd like to see Wellwater Conspiracy on it. That's Matt Cameron's (Soundgarden, Pearl Jam) side project but they release every album on a new record label so I can see how that may not be easy to do.

i was going to post the same thing about radiohead... i think they will start distributing their music their own way... me thinks a band like radiohead would get away with it... what would suck though is if they went a download only model... the radiohead album inserts/special editions are way too nifty to give up...

applemacdude
May 22, 2004, 04:22 PM
They were on iTMS for a while, not sure why they are gone now though....anyway INFLAMES! \m/(º•º)\m/, it would also be nice to have the Beatles, Zep, and lacuna Coil too..

They have the biography of Rammstein but, sigh, no real Ramms+ein

amnesiac1984
May 24, 2004, 07:24 AM
2nd.

or maybe thrill jockey's lineup.

3rd!

Haven't checked yet but we need ninja tunes and warps' catalogue on there.
Do You Know Squarepusher?

and Add me on to the "Radiohead, Zappa, air etc" list.

Not that I really care as I'm not really going to use iTMS much when it eventually gets released.

neonart
May 24, 2004, 10:04 AM
My vote was Evanesence, but I'd also like to see any of the 4 UB40 albums offered completed.

Mudbug
May 25, 2004, 11:44 PM
I'd like to see The Art of Noise on there - they've had quite a run over the years, and thier music moves over pretty much every genre offered.

Doctor Q
Aug 3, 2004, 01:39 AM
Bob Seger (sp?)Yeah, where's Bob Seger? I was shopping for "Fire Down Below" tonite and no thanks, I don't want the Bette Midler version (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=708692&selectedItemId=708665).

I was going to add his name to the list in this thread but I spotted your previous post. Consider your motion seconded.

Kingsnapped
Aug 3, 2004, 02:18 AM
Mutabor is a great German ska/rock group that has only one of their six (?) CDs on the German itms. Unfortunately, it's the only CD that my German pal brought to me last year. I need more Mutabor!

CTPorter
Aug 3, 2004, 06:23 PM
I would love to see an Australian band called "The Waifs" added to ITMS :)

http://www.thewaifs.com.au/Waifs.htm

Loge
Aug 4, 2004, 04:56 PM
I would like to see material from jazz pianist Keith Jarrett. The store carries a few, but not the majority which are on ECM (same applies to other ECM artists).

As aside, iTMS offers great opportunities to sell improvised music. Since every concert is unique, in many cases it would be uneconomic to release that much on CD.

monsquaz
Aug 4, 2004, 07:03 PM
Wesley Willis.

SuperChuck
Aug 4, 2004, 08:17 PM
As MacRumors' token homosexual, I call for Madonna. And no, that ridiculous children's book doesn't count, nor does the unlistenable thing she did with Ms. Spears.

oreo
Aug 5, 2004, 03:31 AM
Love to see Madonna on there too, as well as the KLF

Nermal
Aug 5, 2004, 05:28 AM
Tadpole. I already own both of their albums, but that's not the point! :)

rock6079
Aug 5, 2004, 03:36 PM
well ive seen a lot of good suggestions.

but plain and simple..

BEATLES... yes BEATLES ! BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES....
thats all that matters..

(just imagine if iTunes got the sole permission in by Apple to sell Beatles tracks, that would jsut be awsome)

and suddenly i wake up from my dream... :p

CTPorter
Aug 8, 2004, 01:00 AM
Tracy Chapman

Timyjl
Aug 8, 2004, 10:10 PM
well ive seen a lot of good suggestions.

but plain and simple..

BEATLES... yes BEATLES ! BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES....
thats all that matters..

(just imagine if iTunes got the sole permission in by Apple to sell Beatles tracks, that would jsut be awsome)

and suddenly i wake up from my dream... :p

If I remember correctly, Michael Jackson owns the rites to most of the Beatles stuff. :(

mike3k
Aug 9, 2004, 10:51 AM
As MacRumors' token homosexual, I call for Madonna. And no, that ridiculous children's book doesn't count, nor does the unlistenable thing she did with Ms. Spears.

No, you're not the only one here :)

Even though I'm gay, I don't like Madonna or any other stereotypical music. I prefer jazz, african, punk rock, and jam bands.

monsquaz
Aug 31, 2004, 06:37 PM
Wesley Willis.
I'm eating my words now.
Don't know when it happened, but he's there now.

Doctor Q
Aug 31, 2004, 07:30 PM
If I remember correctly, Michael Jackson owns the rites to most of the Beatles stuff.But not Beatles sound-alike music. I did a double-take when I heard this song (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=15977575&selectedItemId=15977551). Has John Lennon been reincarnated with a less-English accent?

stevedude
Aug 31, 2004, 07:51 PM
rage against the machine

nuff said.

linkin park sucks.

jsw
Aug 31, 2004, 08:11 PM
Karen Savoca/The Mind's Eye out of Syracuse, NY.

narco
Sep 2, 2004, 10:21 AM
I was going to say ZOUNDS, but it looks like they just added them! NICE!

.narco

dogbyte_13
Sep 7, 2004, 03:53 PM
Dog Eat Dog

Lacuna Coil

Coil

Skindred(full album)

Samhain

X (full albums please!!!)

More E-Town Concrete

blackfox
Sep 7, 2004, 04:39 PM
Basically more indie representation (domestic and International)...a start would be offerings from:

Ninja Tune
Domino
Morr
Tigerstyle
Labrador
K7
Darla (esp. since they distribute many Euro labels)

TrenchMouth
Sep 11, 2004, 03:18 PM
I whole heartedly agree with the need for Air and Radiohead as some have already mentioned. What puzzles me are some of the partial albums on the iTMS. I would love to see all of The Smiths on there as upposed to the 3 songs they have now. Besides the first two already mentioned I think I would like to see them the most right now.

Does anyone here use the Request feature? I use it all the time. I think it is a great idea, and while I know it is only sooo affective, I still think it is great that Apple included that. What better way to fix your fav music store then by telling them what you like that they don't have. I use it as often as possible.

CTPorter
Sep 11, 2004, 10:06 PM
I whole heartedly agree with the need for Air and Radiohead as some have already mentioned. What puzzles me are some of the partial albums on the iTMS. I would love to see all of The Smiths on there as upposed to the 3 songs they have now. Besides the first two already mentioned I think I would like to see them the most right now.

Does anyone here use the Request feature? I use it all the time. I think it is a great idea, and while I know it is only sooo affective, I still think it is great that Apple included that. What better way to fix your fav music store then by telling them what you like that they don't have. I use it as often as possible.

Yes, I use the request music feature too. Not sure of how effective it is since I'm still waiting for more Tracy Chapman and Michelle Shocked for example. :( There is a new song by John Fogerty and one by John Mellencamp I would like to get also. I guess patience is a virtue?

I figured the reason why some albums are not complete is due to someone other than the artist or record label owning the copyrights to a song, and that all the legal issues those songs were not cleared up.

Doctor Q
Mar 10, 2005, 12:54 AM
I'm still waiting for the rest of Aerosmith's library. For hits like Dream On and Sweet Emotion only live performances are in the store.

And why don't they have Time Warp from the Rocky Horror Picture Show? :mad:

bennetsaysargh
Mar 10, 2005, 04:49 AM
I'm still waiting for the rest of Aerosmith's library. For hits like Dream On and Sweet Emotion only live performances are in the store.

And why don't they have Time Warp from the Rocky Horror Picture Show? :mad:
i've been waiting for rocky horror as well. i got so tired of waiting i just borrowed it from a friend though.

Singing Storm
Mar 11, 2005, 11:54 PM
Linkin Park all the way, loved their music ever since I first heard In The End, I think I know all the songs by heart now :D

As my good friend said to me, Change is good, Linkin Park is forever

Vader
Mar 12, 2005, 12:33 AM
I want Group X!!!!!!

jzke
Mar 12, 2005, 12:54 AM
Led Zeppelin

Agreed.

xy14
Mar 12, 2005, 09:52 PM
For a while, my one favorite band, The Dresden Dolls (see here (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=30523465&selectedItemId=30523516)) were off, and I entered a state of depression. Just kidding about the depression, but I was annoyed. I saw that they are back on, and they even added a exclusive 3-song album. I have a question. What does EP mean?

Anyways, now my only request is for Evanescence.

feakbeak
Mar 12, 2005, 10:02 PM
Another request for Dave Matthews

rasp
Mar 12, 2005, 10:08 PM
I'm in with the Radiohead crowd... but I've been getting my radiohead fix from bt.etree.org...

However, I really am not sure how much I'll purchase from ITMS, I have this fear of being locked into 128k aac, even though that's what I generally rip my cd's with.

And the comment about there being no need for tool to be in there since we all have the catalog already anyhow... :) That sounds about right.

indifference
Mar 12, 2005, 10:23 PM
For a while, my one favorite band, The Dresden Dolls (see here (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=30523465&selectedItemId=30523516)) were off, and I entered a state of depression. Just kidding about the depression, but I was annoyed. I saw that they are back on, and they even added a exclusive 3-song album. I have a question. What does EP mean?

Anyways, now my only request is for Evanescence.

I heard Evanesance broke up because the guy left.

bennetsaysargh
Mar 12, 2005, 10:26 PM
he left, but they just went and found another guitarist.

xy14
Mar 13, 2005, 10:59 AM

that sux..

well, i still want Fallen & Anywhere but Home & Origin on iTMS!!

Foucault
Mar 15, 2005, 11:44 AM
How about Metallica? I didn't think about that, but Metallica isn't in iTunes. And how about signing up Global Underground and Perfecto Records, so we can have all John Digweed, Max Graham, Paul Oakenfold, Christopher Lawrence, etc.

Doctor Q
Mar 15, 2005, 04:16 PM
How about Metallica? I didn't think about that, but Metallica isn't in iTunes.You mean this isn't the original Metallica version??? ;)

acedickson
Mar 16, 2005, 01:02 AM
iTMS definitely needs The Beatles, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, and Linkin Park.

MattG
Mar 20, 2005, 09:48 PM
Don't know if he's already been mentioned (5 pages of posts so probably), but I'd like to buy some more Zappa stuff. He's got a TON of music out there...

bentley
Mar 21, 2005, 12:21 AM
none.

all my favourite music should be bought on CD and ripped in lossless.

Doctor Q
Mar 21, 2005, 01:12 AM
Don't know if he's already been mentioned (5 pages of posts so probably), but I'd like to buy some more Zappa stuff. He's got a TON of music out there...You are the fourth to mention Zappa, from what I remember. Welcome to the club.

rasp
Mar 22, 2005, 07:57 PM
I've decided to change my vote, as much as I like radiohead, I think *all* music should be in ITMS. Good, bad, and ugly. If somebody wants it, and it's not there, that's a sale lost...

There are some weird missing albums/songs. I went searching on NIN, and The Downward Spiral is there, except for 2 tracks... I find that odd...

I went searching for Garbage, and find missing their first album, but their later stuff is there.

These sorts of weird gaps don't feel right when I'm searching...

Doctor Q
Mar 22, 2005, 08:26 PM
There are some weird missing albums/songs. I went searching on NIN, and The Downward Spiral is there, except for 2 tracks... I find that odd...Did you see that a NIN single was released today?"The Hand That Feeds" (U.S. Store)

dirt farmer
Mar 22, 2005, 09:26 PM
Mulehead!!

www.mulehead.org

lavar78
Mar 23, 2005, 05:41 PM
What does EP mean?
"Extended Play"

It's longer than a single, but shorter than LP ("Long Play").

vieoray
Mar 23, 2005, 06:14 PM
i'd like to see betchadupa added.

Doctor Q
Mar 24, 2005, 11:29 PM
I wanted to find the song "Shout" from the movie "Animal House". I figured it was either in the iTunes Music Store or it wasn't. But it wasn't that easy.

First I searched on "Animal House" in case there was a soundtrack album. I found the Stephen Bishop title song, but not Shout.

Next I searched on Otis Day and the Knights, who play the song in the movie. Nope, not there.

But I knew Otis Day was a character in the movie, not the actor's name (although I once heard that the actor changed his name to Otis Day to capitalize on his fame from the movie). So I looked up the actor: DeWayne Jessie. But DeWayne Jessie is not in the iTMS either.

I didn't give up. I looked up who performed the song that DeWayne Jessie was lipsynching to in the movie: Lloyd Williams. But Shout is not among the four songs by Lloyd Williams songs in the iTMS.

Then I realized that it could be listed under some other artist name, so I ignored artists and searched on the song title "Shout" or "Shout!". I got 48 hits. I played all 48 previews, and found 11 covers of the song I was looking for.

One version (in the store twice) is a comedy version by "U.S. Army Airborne Rangers". What th?

Two versions have a genre of "Children's Music", which made the line "I still remember when you used to be 9 years old..." in the song unintentionally funny.

None of the other 7 is the version I was looking for. :( :mad:

In case anyone is interested, here are the covers:

Captain Cardiac And The Coronaries - Rock

David & The High Spirit - World

Hallelujah Hop - Inspirational

Leo Night & The Moonlighters - Rock

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Rock

The Trammps - Dance

Trini Lopez - Latin

Various Artists - Children's Music

Run To Cadence With The U.S. Army Airborne, Vol.2 - Comedy

Run To Cadence With The U.S. Army Airobrne Rangers, Vol.2 - Comedy

Sugar Beats - Children's Music

lavar78
Mar 25, 2005, 04:55 AM
"Shout" is by The Isley Brothers. Besides writing that song, some of their other big achievements are recording the version of "Twist and Shout" later covered by The Beatles, launching the career of Jimi Hendrix, and recording songs like "That Lady," (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=19122073&selectedItemId=19123973) "It's Your Thing," (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=19122073&selectedItemId=19124067) the Motown hit "This Old Heart of Mine (Is Weak For You)," (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=89161&selectedItemId=89136) and "Work to Do." (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=19122073&selectedItemId=19260543)

SNT
Mar 25, 2005, 11:00 AM
definately Radiohead. (tenth call for them if I counted right)

Doctor Q
Mar 25, 2005, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the information, lavar78.

I see there is a live Isley Brothers version of "Shout" for the list:Building Up to Shout (Live at Yankee Stadium)

lavar78
Mar 25, 2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the information, lavar78.
No problem, Doc. I love the Isleys. Despite being around for about 50 years, they're still very underrated. If you ever decide to buy one of their CDs, I suggest The Ultimate Isley Brothers (1 disc) or The Essential Isley Brothers (2 discs).

ethernet76
Mar 25, 2005, 08:16 PM
bright eyes

Bright eyes is on the music store. Just not some of the more obscure EPs(Lua) and the albums he just released.

Maybe Saddle Creek is wary of the iTunes store?

feyd_ehway
Mar 30, 2005, 03:30 AM
If I remember correctly, Michael Jackson owns the rites to most of the Beatles stuff. :(
im hoping that when he runs out of money from THIS trial that he will sell the music rights to itunes instead of advertising agencies. :mad: *heavy sigh* :mad:
-feyd

Chappers
Mar 30, 2005, 07:46 AM
The Undertones

SFVCyclone
Mar 30, 2005, 04:48 PM
Mr. Capone-e

DFWtheBold
Mar 31, 2005, 07:16 AM
How 'bout some Front Line Assembly or Synaestehsia!

lavar78
Mar 31, 2005, 08:07 AM
im hoping that when he runs out of money from THIS trial that he will sell the music rights to itunes instead of advertising agencies. :mad: *heavy sigh* :mad:
-feyd
MJ owns the publishing rights. I think Capitol owns the recording rights here in the U.S., so that company would have to allow iTunes to sell the songs.

Doctor Q
May 7, 2005, 12:05 AM
AC/DC (this song (http://www.lyricsdir.com/acdc-you-shook-me-all-night-long-lyrics.html)). But it's not in the store. And no, I don't want to settle for OC/DC instead. That sounds too much like OCD.

And while I'm complaining, here's another complaint. I wanted "Bette Davis Eyes" by Kim Carnes, which I know is track 5 on this album. Notice anything missing? Don't Kim Carnes and the record label want my money?

Deepdale
May 21, 2005, 08:07 AM
BEATLES... yes BEATLES ! BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES....thats all that matters..
--------

Absolutely right. How can any music library be considered good without adequate Beatles representation? Thankfully, I have the 145 selections from the Fab Four that I like best.

abrooks
May 24, 2005, 06:22 AM
The Beatles and more Queen.

Can't be the classics :D

sebisworld
May 24, 2005, 06:42 AM
die ärzte

Sirus The Virus
May 24, 2005, 06:43 AM
either Radiohead or Dave Matthews Band full catalog

ReanimationLP
Jun 1, 2005, 08:47 PM
More game soundtracks.

Games like Zelda, Metroid Prime, Warcraft III, Starcraft.

And espically Castlevania : Symphony of the Night.

Can you imagine how well the SOTN OSTs will do???? :eek:

IndyGopher
Jun 2, 2005, 04:39 PM
The only suggestion I ever submitted for the iTMS was for the Boomtown album by david + david.. having read the requests in this thread, however, I suspect I am not on the same page as most iTMS enthusiasts.

And just my opinion, but the Beatles are the most over-rated collection of atonal crap I have ever heard. I really just don't get it. The early stuff is wanktastic, and the later stuff is clearly the result of drug-induced inanity.

Tamer Brad
Jun 2, 2005, 04:48 PM
Gackt

He is on iTunes Japan, but not here ... :)

zap2
Jun 2, 2005, 07:43 PM
all beatles song and song by john and yoko (and john alone) and pau land wings (and paul alone) ringo( alone) george( alone)

jimsowden
Jun 2, 2005, 07:58 PM
Air

There one of the greatest french bands ive heard.
They're on there. 14 albums.
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtistTopSongs?artistId=5641488

I would like to see autamata. (http://www.autamatamusic.com/seehear/hear/autamata_-_fragments.mp3)

lavar78
Jun 2, 2005, 08:32 PM
And just my opinion, but the Beatles are the most over-rated collection of atonal crap I have ever heard. I really just don't get it. The early stuff is wanktastic, and the later stuff is clearly the result of drug-induced inanity.
Calling their songs "crap" is an opinion, but calling them "atonal" -- even hyperbolically -- is flat-out wrong.

barneygumble
Jun 2, 2005, 08:55 PM
AC/DC (this song (http://www.lyricsdir.com/acdc-you-shook-me-all-night-long-lyrics.html)). But it's not in the store. And no, I don't want to settle for OC/DC instead. That sounds too much like OCD.

And while I'm complaining, here's another complaint. I wanted "Bette Davis Eyes" by Kim Carnes, which I know is track 5 on this album. Notice anything missing? Don't Kim Carnes and the record label want my money?

I have their greatest hits, brilliant, thunderstruck is good to

zap2
Jun 3, 2005, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=lavar78]Calling their songs "crap" is an opinion, but calling them "atonal" -- even hyperbolically -- is flat-out wrong.[/Q

thats right

ANd to that guy(IndyGopher) who dissed the beatles, what kind of music do u listen to, the Beatles by them selfs( not counting when the were the beatles) wrote soem of the greatest songs- imagine by john lennon, when paul was with wings, George brainwashed, and i know less songs by ringo but, act natural and others. when they were the beatles come on who has more hits them then

Sutekidane
Jun 3, 2005, 09:32 PM
Jo Sung Mo

CubaTBird
Jun 9, 2005, 09:05 PM
Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band :cool:

SFVCyclone
Jun 16, 2005, 05:21 PM
I wish iTunes would have more tracks from Mr. Capone-e and the Hi Power Music label. there is only 1 song Cruisin (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=64857880&selectedItemId=64857437). hope that works. and even then it is art of some compilation. Although i do like how Univision records put some of the albums up. i like some of that music.

kjr39
Jun 16, 2005, 08:26 PM
Tool!

killuminati
Jun 16, 2005, 09:08 PM
Biggie!!!

SilvorX
Jun 17, 2005, 11:47 PM
For the Canadian store, I'dd LOVE to see some Burton Cummings material, not JUST his single from last year

as well some music by Trooper, April Wine, Chilliwack, and a bunch of other Canadian bands

spacefreak4
Jun 29, 2005, 10:49 PM
I would say AC/DC and more Dave Matthews Band. Life would be easier that way. No going out and buying expensive CDs...

Sirus The Virus
Jun 30, 2005, 07:43 PM
Radiohead and more Dave Matthews Band!

Doctor Q
Apr 6, 2006, 11:45 PM
It's been many months since I last checked, so I searched the iTMS to see if Metallica finally came to their senses. Nope.

The band decided in 2003 that they wanted to sell only albums, so the iTunes Music Store's song-by-song sales didn't fit their plans. It seems to be they are still just throwing money away instead of licensing their songs for iTunes.

dornoforpyros
Apr 7, 2006, 12:39 AM
because of on going lawsuits it'll be a while but...The Beatles.

dejo
Apr 7, 2006, 12:45 AM
It's been many months since I last checked, so I searched the iTMS to see if Metallica finally came to their senses. Nope.

The band decided in 2003 that they wanted to sell only albums, so the iTunes Music Store's song-by-song sales didn't fit their plans. It seems to be they are still just throwing money away instead of licensing their songs for iTunes.

Yeah, and they're too stupid to realize that iTunes allows "Album Only" sales. Take the Stripes Soundtrack (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=72608686&s=143441), for example.

jakochampolska
Apr 11, 2006, 06:28 PM
radiohead or frank zappa
but if I were to one it'd be RADIOHEAD!!

stridey
Apr 11, 2006, 06:30 PM
Well, my top two choices are The Beatles and Radiohead, but I wouldn't buy any of their albums because I already have them all... :p

mrwildguitar
Apr 11, 2006, 06:45 PM
Zeppelin. That's it.

BlizzardBomb
Apr 11, 2006, 06:46 PM
Taking Back Sunday! :D

kjr39
Apr 11, 2006, 07:02 PM
Tool.

interlaced
Apr 11, 2006, 07:14 PM
VAGENIUS.
...and Los Abandoned.

...and Minus the Bear, if they don't carry that already.

Doctor Q
Jul 25, 2006, 04:41 PM

Hooray! (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist?id=3996865) Metallica at last!

:gets out wallet:

KingYaba
Jul 26, 2006, 11:44 AM
Hooray! (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist?id=3996865) Metallica at last!

:gets out wallet:

Damn strait, its about time Metallica gets on there! Though I wont be downloading from iTunes because I own the cds :p

dornoforpyros
Jul 26, 2006, 12:34 PM
I just wish the Canadian iTMS was a bit more in line with the American one at times. Don't get me wrong. I think it's great to have Canadian music on there as well. But I really wanted that iTunes exclusive Dillinger Escape Plan EP with the NIN cover but no dice on the Canadian store.

BoyBach
Jul 26, 2006, 01:08 PM
Although iTunes already has Aphex Twins, what I really want are the videos, plus all of Chris Cunningham's other music videos (Squarepusher, etc).

Now that would be great :D

dead phish head
Aug 4, 2006, 02:55 PM
Tool

netdog
Aug 4, 2006, 03:17 PM
Beatles (and their respsective solo efforts)

Doctor Q
Jun 14, 2008, 10:43 PM
Bob SegerThat post was made in 2004 and Bob Seger still isn't in the iTunes Store! :mad:

I guess Apple missed seeing the post the first time, so we'll try it again. :rolleyes:

bobertoq
Jun 23, 2008, 01:02 PM
The Beatles

keltorsori
Jul 1, 2008, 07:34 PM

it can't happen heeeeeerrrrrrr...

Four years later, still can't get any classic Zappa. It's a sick, sad world out there.

mac 2005
Jul 1, 2008, 07:43 PM
Beatles!

Agreed. I really want to see The Beatles, and I don't understand the protracted delay. They've been "remastering" their songs for how many years now? :confused: