Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marc Fraser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
Hi guys

Basically I'm trying to install XP, via Boot Camp.

I've followed the steps for Boot Camp e.g. Create Partition (i created a 25GB partition), then inserted the XP installation disk, as Boot Camp told me.

However, on start-up, the XP disk asks me to select which option I want to choose; e.g."A - Install Windows XP Professional SP2". It then asks me to choose what I want and press enter BUT the XP installation disk is not recognizing the keyboard.

Do any of you knowledgeable people know how to solve this problem? I wouldn't be installing XP if Microsoft did a Mac version of Flight Simulator.

By the way, I'm using the built-in keyboard on my MacBook, and trying to install XP Pro off my MSDN disk.

Thanks
Marc

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
Hi guys

Basically I'm trying to install XP, via Boot Camp.

I've followed the steps for Boot Camp e.g. Create Partition (i created a 25GB partition), then inserted the XP installation disk, as Boot Camp told me.

However, on start-up, the XP disk asks me to select which option I want to choose; e.g."A - Install Windows XP Professional SP2". It then asks me to choose what I want and press enter BUT the XP installation disk is not recognizing the keyboard.

Do any of you knowledgeable people know how to solve this problem? I wouldn't be installing XP if Microsoft did a Mac version of Flight Simulator.

By the way, I'm using the built-in keyboard on my MacBook, and trying to install XP Pro off my MSDN disk.

Thanks
Marc

Do you have access to a USB keyboard/mouse?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.