Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zyote

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2004
Manchester, UK
I ordered something about a week ago, and i got my first email about it being dispatched yesterday. yay!

But the tracking it's given me isn't very helpful.

It's been like a whole day, and the status hasn't changed at all. i have no idea where my stuff is! only that it's using TNT Worldwide express delivery. from the Netherlands i think.

anyone bought computers from the uk store? how long does it take from the dispatch notice being sent?

yogi477

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2002
England
Is it coming from Ireland or Taiwan? If it is Taiwan I would say it would be here either Saturday or Monday but that is for computers, software is generally quicker.

Zyote

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2004
Manchester, UK
It's a computer.. and i have no idea where it's being shipped from..

all the tracking page says is that it's being shipped by TNT EXPRESS WORLDWIDE.

and on the apple page it says:

POWER MAC G5 2.0GHZDP CTO
Shipped
1 Shipped 05/02/2004
Invoice No. : XXXXX
Carrier : TNT Nederland B.V.

So i'm assuming it's from the netherlands. which is odd, cause i didn't know apple had a distribution point from there.

Zyote

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2004
Manchester, UK
unless. tnt nederland is the official name of the courier company..

then i guess it could be coming from somewhere else.

I just want the status to say something! all i got at the moment is the headers!

Activity Location Date / Time (GMT)

and no fields filled out yet!

phpepete

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2004
I ordered a G4 iBook on 31st Jan. On 4th Jan it showed its at Taiwan, Tapei , today at 12.16pm it shows its now at Luxembourg and from reading this forum it would appear I can expect it Monday so that is a round trip of 9 days, 5 for travelling.

Phone Apple and ask them :)

BowiPod

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2003
Apple had my PowerBook listed as being in Holland yesterday afternoon, then it arrived a 8pm that evening.

Tracking never worked for me.

Pseudonym

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2004
Old Blighty
Sorry to say but my experience is the same as Johnny's. It will turn up, but you never quite know when. But the anticipation.....!

markoibook

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2004
Reading, UK.
Hi.
I have bought both an iBook and an iPod from the apple store online in the uk, on separate occasions.
Basically, they are built to order in the factory in Taiwan, and are then flown to Luxembourg.
From here, they are then shipped to the UK, usually again by plane to Stanstead airport, where they are then picked up by courier and delivered to your town. Finally, it is then delivered to you by your local courier.

The company that deals with the whole transit process is Irish Express Cargo (The Apple Store is based in Ireland)
Their website is http://www.iec-logistics.com
It used to be possible to track your order on their site (using one of the ref numbers given by apple), and entering the account as appl or apple.
However, taking a glance at the site I can't find the order tracking system.
Maybe if you do a search you may be able to find it.

Hope this information is useful to you.

Marko

BTW: My iPod travelled from Taiwan to Luxembourg in 3 hours according to all the online tracking sites. Maybe apple bought a concorde for flying orders to Europe...

Zyote

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2004
Manchester, UK
update:

Yeah, i eventually realised what my TNT WORLDWIDE EXPRESS tracking number actually was.

I had to take the first 10 digits from the tracking number that apple actually gave me.. and then by trial and elimination, i used one of the 30 odd different TNT websites. and eventually it just found it.

The computer is aparently in Southampton now, after being picked up from Cork (ireland). although on the TNT inforomation, it seems to think the final destination is some random place in the netherlands.. although, the scanning says it's arrived in southampton. I'm thinking it'll be at my work in Cheshire, NW or england on monday. :)

fingers crossed.

thanks for all the info guys!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.