PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Lawyer to Be on Antitrust Panel

MacBytes
Feb 6, 2004, 05:10 AM
Category: Microsoft
Link: Microsoft Lawyer to Be on Antitrust Panel (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040206061020)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

ITR 81
Feb 6, 2004, 07:04 AM
Gates got a man on the inside now!

STOP the Madness

nagromme
Feb 6, 2004, 11:24 AM
He's not just ON the committee... he RUNS it!

"Stung by earlier court rulings, Microsoft Corp. has positioned one of its top lawyers to run a legal committee to influence how much oversight U.S. courts exercise in antitrust settlements like the one the company negotiated with the Bush administration."

"Microsoft's effort in the legal community illustrates how the world's largest software company is moving to protect its interests in venues where it has found itself challenged. It also has increasingly participated in the political process in Washington and in technology standards organizations."

"Microsoft associate general counsel Richard J. Wallis takes over as chairman this summer of the American Bar Association's antitrust section, an unusual role for a corporate lawyer."

"The bar association's antitrust group is ``extremely influential in terms of development of antitrust policy and law,'' said Glenn B. Manishin, a Washington antitrust lawyer. But Manishin said Wallis will not be able to advance Microsoft's interests as head of the group. ``I don't think the chair provides Microsoft any tactical or strategic advantage,'' Manishin said."

mrsebastian
Feb 6, 2004, 11:59 AM
wow :mad:

ALoLA
Feb 6, 2004, 01:04 PM
So if you thought the DOJ was going easy on Microsoft before.... just wait and see what happens (or more likely doesn't happen) now.

Photorun
Feb 6, 2004, 01:24 PM
un****ingbelievable!

winmacguy
Feb 6, 2004, 02:02 PM
Hey welcome tho the American legal system. Its not about who is right or wrong its about who has got the best load of BS for their side of the argument.

nagromme
Feb 7, 2004, 12:17 AM
Actually, no B even needed... just $.

Sabenth
Feb 7, 2004, 05:48 AM
i am sorry but how is this possible really someone exsplain this to me.??

aint that deffeating the purporse of these anittrust things

MrMacMan
Feb 8, 2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Sabenth
i am sorry but how is this possible really someone exsplain this to me.??

aint that deffeating the purporse of these anittrust things

No... it doesn't defeat the purpose....

It creates a whole entirely different purpose...

To go after small buisnesses, they are Monopolizing the Market, big Business can't compete!

:mad: