Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
is there any way to install xp media center 2005 in bootcamp? I have it running in parallels just fine, but what I've read suggests it won't be possible.

the version I have is the OEM version from the old PC I built and it seems to need 20,000 disc swaps to install. rollup disc, SP2, now SP3.

if its not possible, whats the simplest version of windows to buy? another XP home SP3 OEM? Or should I take the opportunity to try out vista?

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
oh, and is there any way to share the install with parallels? I usually run newsleecher in parallels but it'd be useful to choose to run the same programs with the same settings regardless of whether I've booted up in OSX or windows.

it'd save space too if they could somehow share disc space, otherwise I'll have two installs of XP on the mac.

mpshay

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2008
Florida
I don't remember all the steps but I did something similar. By using Slipstreaming I added everything I needed to one DVD (xp disc, SP2 upgrade, and even a version of windows 98 because I was using an upgrade version ov XP)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.