Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobertoq

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
I have tried everything... I recently put an audio CD in my iBook G4 and have recently tried to eject it, but it will not come out! I have tried everything and my iBook just makes some weird sound and clunks and bangs.... but the CD doesn't come out. How can I get it out?

SuperCompu2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2006
MA
Why don't you try putting pressure on the top part of the slot where the CD goes in. I've seen many cases where the CD will hit the top edge and plop back in multiple times. Don't put too much pressure though, you don't want to crack the casing!

bobertoq

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Why don't you try putting pressure on the top part of the slot where the CD goes in. I've seen many cases where the CD will hit the top edge and plop back in multiple times. Don't put too much pressure though, you don't want to crack the casing!
Thanks for trying to help, but it didn't work :(. But i think something like that is happening. When I eject the disk it disappears from the Finder, then it reappears once all the clunking and banging has ended.

rouquin

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2008
UK
Hi,

I had a similar situation, my wife placed a small CD into the drive and it got stuck, nothing I did could get it out.

In the end I found some instructions online to split the laptop open and managed to extract the CD from the CD-ROM drive quite easily once you have access to the physical drive without the iBook case in the way. After re-building everything worked fine, in fact I'm typing this on the said laptop.

There are lots of guides on the web for doing this, generally looking for a guide to replacing the HDD is what you need, i.e. http://www.faqintosh.com/risorse/en/guides/hw/ibook/g4hd , and then go the step further to remove the CD-ROM.

HTH and good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.