PDA

View Full Version : Macrumors Geekfest.

Backtothemac
Jun 4, 2002, 11:10 AM
Ok. The last thread died a painful death, so listen up everyone :D . Eye is going to post the information here for the hotel again. Also, the Grenoble House has rooms, but they will start at 100 and go to 350 a night. Now. We are going to have a blast. This is a great way for the community to come together. So that being said, this is only an RSVP thread. DO NOT post to the thread unless you plan on coming, and are giving us a yes, we are coming. It will make it easier for Eye and me to keep track. The date is coming quick, so let us know.

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2002, 11:30 AM
ok I've contacted some hotels and this is what we're looking at...

July 4th weekend is something called Essence Festival...a big weekend for downtown New Orleans...we cannot get any availability...

however...the following weekend....which consists of July 12-14 we can get in...

The Marriott Hotel at 555 Canal Street is where u should make reservations...

Call Michelle at (504) 553-5533 for reservations....make sure to mention my name when calling so she gives u our rate...Frank

$79 per night...up to 4 per room occupancy...

I got quoted on 10-15 rooms...but if more is needed it shouldn't be a problem...

conceptDawg
Jun 7, 2002, 01:06 AM
Well, my partner and I will be coming for at least one day. My wife will be coming with me, so that's at least ONE woman around us to make us look less "geek" like. :)

FYI: My partner and I are the ones who wrote the Fluid screensaver for OS X...so if any of you want to talk programming we're up for it!

By the way, if you haven't checked out Fluid, please do so. ;) It's on VersionTracker...or you can get to it at our web site:

http://www.concepthouse.com/products/Fluid/

We live in Mobile (and will be moving into a new house around the same time) so we will probably not stay the whole weekend.

conceptDawg....(Christopher Holland)

Backtothemac
Jun 7, 2002, 08:12 AM
Hey Christopher,
That is great that your wife is coming. Mine is also. That will actually work out very well, because they will have someone to talk to that doesn't want to discuss integer pipelines, and gigaflops. :D

aaronm
Jun 7, 2002, 09:29 AM
I'm a local and can help with 'event planning'. Let me know if you folks need some tidbits. The Marriott is a decent hotel, located on the edge of the French Quarter. You guys may also want to look at some B&Bs as well.

Aaron.

eyelikeart
Jun 7, 2002, 09:52 AM
finally we're getting some feedback!! :D

B2TM & I were about a hair's width close to pulling the plug yesterday...

aaronm...thanks for the offer...so far I think we've got it...but hopefully when we get some more RSVPs we'll need to figure out a definite itinerary... ;)

Backtothemac
Jun 7, 2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
finally we're getting some feedback!! :D

B2TM & I were about a hair's width close to pulling the plug yesterday...

aaronm...thanks for the offer...so far I think we've got it...but hopefully when we get some more RSVPs we'll need to figure out a definite itinerary... ;)

If you hype it, they will come......

LADIES, LADIES, LADIES......

DRINKIN BEER, DRINKIN BEER.....

ETC.:D

joshb
Jun 7, 2002, 05:52 PM
Alright guys, my number has gone down to about 3-4 people, but hey, they're all übergeeks. Hopefully we'll be able to come down, talk about exhaustion MacRumor's Geekfest, H2K2 (http://www.hope.net), then MacworldNY! I've got alot of geeks to meet, hope my tiBook can handle it! Now time to run to the
Galleria (http://www.riverchasegalleria.com/) for the 2600 meeting (first friday of every month) you alabama people should show up some time...

eyelikeart
Jun 7, 2002, 06:14 PM
have u guys who have so far posted here called in for reservations yet?

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 08:29 PM
I was sitting here with my wife who's been working till 9 or 10 every night watching the Pelican Brief and she says we need to go to New Orleans. I'd mentioned it before, as you know, so I mentioned it again.

We got the green light, baby!

I just hope I can book a flight, and the rooms - she has a place she likes and will let me know when she can get online and check it out.

Guess if I can get a decent flight you can count on two more!

She's a geek too, but a tax geek, too bad mcrain won't be there, they'd have something to talk about.

Whoo Hoo!

Backtothemac
Jun 7, 2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
I was sitting here with my wife who's been working till 9 or 10 every night watching the Pelican Brief and she says we need to go to New Orleans. I'd mentioned it before, as you know, so I mentioned it again.

We got the green light, baby!

I just hope I can book a flight, and the rooms - she has a place she likes and will let me know when she can get online and check it out.

Guess if I can get a decent flight you can count on two more!

She's a geek too, but a tax geek, too bad mcrain won't be there, they'd have something to talk about.

Whoo Hoo!

Hey Duke. Goto www.grenoblehouse.com

I used to work there. Rooms will start at about 100 per night, but man, that place is unreal. Mention my name Chuck Stacey. and ask for Mr. Palazzo, or Chantal. Let me know what you think.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 08:53 PM
I just showed my wife, she said ask them for the best room available. Ha, got to love that. I'll do it tomorrow, got to get the damn flights first. At least its a month away and I might be able to do it on frequent flyer (I hope).

This should be great. I'll have the digital camera and video camera, damn, too bad jello won't be able to come, maybe we can get Dignan, mr. movie shorts himself....

I'll let you know more tomorrow.

Backtothemac
Jun 7, 2002, 08:58 PM
I just showed my wife, she said ask them for the best room available. Ha, got to love that. I'll do it tomorrow, got to get the damn flights first. At least its a month away and I might be able to do it on frequent flyer (I hope).

This should be great. I'll have the digital camera and video camera, damn, too bad jello won't be able to come, maybe we can get Dignan, mr. movie shorts himself....

I'll let you know more tomorrow.

Those rooms there are awesome. They have kitchens, and they have a pool and hottub in the courtyard. It is one of the largest courtyards in the quarter. It is very private, and great location. They have pastries every morning, and it is just way, way, way to nice. The best room will set you back about 350 a night :eek:

Hopefully we can get a good rate. Tara and I are going to stay there as well.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 09:07 PM
If we can get ff fares for the flight, we'll try for the 350 a night, for 3 nights, looks like we're going to try for a Thursday night flight and leave on Sunday.

How's that sound?

Got to check the flights next....

Backtothemac
Jun 7, 2002, 09:39 PM
If we can get ff fares for the flight, we'll try for the 350 a night, for 3 nights, looks like we're going to try for a Thursday night flight and leave on Sunday.

How's that sound?

Got to check the flights next....

Does SouthWest Fly out of DC? Yep. They do. Man, they are cheap! They have never had a crash in 25 years of service. Check them out. They go from Baltimore to NO non stop, or hell, man, fly in to Birmingham, and them drive to NO with us. That will save you some dough.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 09:44 PM
how longs the drive? you'd pick us up and go into NO on thursday?

I'll check the flights for Delta - I've got tons of miles there - and get back to you. Sounds good, though....its going to be great.

I'll be bringing my TiPB, whats the internet connection situation? We going to be able to do a wireless thing?

Backtothemac
Jun 7, 2002, 09:47 PM
how longs the drive? you'd pick us up and go into NO on thursday?

I'll check the flights for Delta - I've got tons of miles there - and get back to you. Sounds good, though....its going to be great.

I'll be bringing my TiPB, whats the internet connection situation? We going to be able to do a wireless thing?

We should be able to. Hey, I know. Lets go to the Gateway store with the Ti and the iceBook. Use their net. That would be hillarious. It is about a 4 hour drive. We can't leave till friday though :( Man, that sucks. that would make for a very sweet road trip. Just let me know. I may be able to get off on Friday. Hell, I will take off on friday. We can leave here Thursday after 12 PM. It is a four hour drive though...... That means you will probably want to fly.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 09:51 PM
I'm thinking that we'll try the direct route to NO, thanks for the offer, but I'll see what I can get tomorrow morning.

That would be fun at the gateway store. But we'll need to try and come up with a wireless connection. Any of the other geeks in NO have one? Where are we going to officially meet?

Backtothemac
Jun 7, 2002, 09:51 PM
I just realized that Eye has not been here tonight to see that you are coming..... That is going to be a group. Me, Eye, Duke, and Josh. Man, lock up your familys, the geeks are coming....

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 09:56 PM
So how many is it? Maybe eye will have his pizza girl by then. I'm thinking we should check the place out anyway and take a candid shot of her just for the hell of it, even if there's nothing going on between them.

Ha, this is going to be fun, I hope it becomes a regular event....

Backtothemac
Jun 7, 2002, 10:30 PM
So how many is it? Maybe eye will have his pizza girl by then. I'm thinking we should check the place out anyway and take a candid shot of her just for the hell of it, even if there's nothing going on between them.

Ha, this is going to be fun, I hope it becomes a regular event....

Yea, I figured that the direct route would be best he,he. They have great planes 737's is all they have, so they know how to keep them running well. Gateway should have a wireless cafe setup, most of the country stores do. we did here are the Gateway I used to work at. OMG, the cat is out of the bag. Yep, I used to work for Gateway. :rolleyes:

This will be fun. If anyone has a DV camera, we could upload small quicktime movies to the server if Arn would'nt mind.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 10:32 PM
I'll probably have a DV camera, could put it up on one of my few homepage.mac.com sites. No dancing though...

Who's making the 'my name is....' badges?

Backtothemac
Jun 7, 2002, 10:39 PM
I'll probably have a DV camera, could put it up on one of my few homepage.mac.com sites. No dancing though...

Who's making the 'my name is....' badges?

he,he,he. I told Tara, we will all be walking down Bourbon going, hey duke, look at that.... Hey Eye, where we gonna eat.....Back where is the hotel....etc....:D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 10:42 PM
well, your wife is mrs. back-dawg, my wife doesn't have a name, still needs to get online here - but she's a pc user that loves my macs....hmmm. mrs. duke doesn't really work.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 8, 2002, 12:11 AM
well, your wife is mrs. back-dawg, my wife doesn't have a name, still needs to get online here - but she's a pc user that loves my macs....hmmm. mrs. duke doesn't really work.

i know i'm not supposed to post, and i apologize in advance. heck, i give the mods permission to delete my post if they want.

but

duke's reference to mrs. back-dawg was too good to pass up! hahahah! good stuff.

oh, and yours would be mrs d-mod unless she makes a name for herself here.... "glad" to see the names sticking. though apparently teabgs isn't a big fan. that scumbag. ha

joshb
Jun 8, 2002, 12:53 AM
I just noticed that the geekfest date got changed from July 4th to July 12- 14th. This overlaps the H2K2 conference & MacWorld week I was planning on. Geekfest sounds awesome, but... (Hope2002 Flyer Clipping: )

" Whatever you choose to call it, this wil lbe the biggest hacker conference
in the States to date! With nearly 50,000 square feet to play with,
expect a variety of speakers, panels, demonstrations, films, and a
network like no other.

July 12 to 14, 2002
Hotel Pennsylvania
New York City"

Sorry to drop out on (well... i'm in the south, so here it goes) "y'all" but i've already got reservations to this thing. So, have fun and take plenty of DV footage! You should make tee's and a Geekfest movie, put it out on VCD or something, and sell it @ MacRumors.com store. he he he.

eyelikeart
Jun 8, 2002, 01:33 AM
OH HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe that the duke may be showing up! :D

That is friggin' awesome!

B2TM...we definitely need to setup an itinerary...we should talk soon on the phone or something... :D :cool: :p ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

duke's reference to mrs. back-dawg was too good to pass up! hahahah! good stuff.

oh, and yours would be mrs d-mod unless she makes a name for herself here.... "glad" to see the names sticking. though apparently teabgs isn't a big fan. that scumbag. ha

well, mrs d-mod won't work. she's so damn busy right now there's no way I'll get her to sign up here - she thinks its a waste of time - ok, I'll respect her opinion, but we'll figure out something.

D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 09:25 AM
OH HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe that the duke may be showing up! :D

That is friggin' awesome!

B2TM...we definitely need to setup an itinerary...we should talk soon on the phone or something... :D :cool: :p ;)

well, it still looks good, I've got enough ff miles to get us down there, first class, but I need to talk to the wife, we might want to use that for a trip to spain in october/november and pay the $150 a piece and fly out of BWI on Southwest.

I'll let you know when I make the reservations.

But lets get that itinerary figured out. It will be great to have locals show us the best places in town.

D

jelloshotsrule
Jun 8, 2002, 09:30 AM

well, mrs d-mod won't work. she's so damn busy right now there's no way I'll get her to sign up here - she thinks its a waste of time - ok, I'll respect her opinion, but we'll figure out something.

that doesn't mean you can't call her that..... she might slap you. but still. be the man! ehhhh

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 09:34 AM

that doesn't mean you can't call her that..... she might slap you. but still. be the man! ehhhh

sure I could, and she wouldn't slap me, its just not relevant to her. You'd have to meet her to see. She'd be perfectly happy with what ever and most likely just want to be called Lisa.

Besides, she's a 6' 1" redhead, she's got her own style....

jelloshotsrule
Jun 8, 2002, 09:38 AM
sure I could, and she wouldn't slap me, its just not relevant to her. You'd have to meet her to see. She'd be perfectly happy with what ever and most likely just want to be called Lisa.

Besides, she's a 6' 1" redhead, she's got her own style....

lisa's cool. not very pizazzy though

hey, i got a 5'9 redhead myself. which is pretty tall for a girl....

people who call girls "broads" are funny

my girlfriend's brother does. hahahaha. he's a hunter.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 09:39 AM
her last name used to be Zinn, so she still gets called zinny

which wouldn't be bad, I'd imagine she'd use something like that on line...

eyelikeart
Jun 8, 2002, 10:25 AM

But lets get that itinerary figured out. It will be great to have locals show us the best places in town.

D

cool deal bro...

B2TM & I will be figuring it all out this week...

I suppose we'll post it all up for your viewing pleasures... :D ;)

eyelikeart
Jun 8, 2002, 10:26 AM

people who call girls "broads" are funny

only when I find a woman to quite dumb or ignorant will I call her a broad...

Sinatra would call 'em that way too... ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 12:26 PM

Sinatra would call 'em that way too... ;)

but he could get away with it, where most others would not.

post the itinerary when you get it figured out. But realize that we might want to go off on our own once in a while.....and if we want to make a video of the official gathering, we need to choose the location with that in mind.

eyelikeart
Jun 8, 2002, 01:00 PM
no problem duke...it's to be expected...

I'm figuring what we'll do is setup definite times to do things as a group...lunches...maybe a tour or two...a dinner perhaps...late night partying... ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 01:07 PM
looks like we'll be getting in late on Thursday and leave on Sunday afternoon. Looking forward to it.....

Backtothemac
Jun 8, 2002, 01:49 PM
Sorry I have been silent for so long. I think that some of the tourist traps should be avoided, but there are some that have to be visited. I think a Pat O's picture would be appropriate. we could post it here. Also, I agree with eye. Lets do big events together. There are some things you will have to do. Coffee at the Cafe on Decatur. Hand Grenades. Jax Brewery, Ritas, Marie LaVue. Etc.

Eye and I will come up with a plan during the week and post it.

eyelikeart
Jun 8, 2002, 01:52 PM
thanks for the backup B2TM...I was wondering when u would pop back in here...

I really think...unless the guys/gals cannot handle some jazz...we should do Preservation Hall....even if just for a little while...

but honestly....drink prices in the FQ are ridiculous...so we should have a pre-drink plan before....that way we spend a minimal amount on overpriced beverages... ;)

Backtothemac
Jun 8, 2002, 01:56 PM
thanks for the backup B2TM...I was wondering when u would pop back in here...

I really think...unless the guys/gals cannot handle some jazz...we should do Preservation Hall....even if just for a little while...

but honestly....drink prices in the FQ are ridiculous...so we should have a pre-drink plan before....that way we spend a minimal amount on overpriced beverages... ;)

Totally agree with you on that one. Maybe have a few cocktails at the hotel first. That will save massive amounts of money as you know. I think that Preservation Hall is a must. Also, the Absinthe House. Lets just figure out the main things like dinner, lunch, and bar hopping in between.

eyelikeart
Jun 8, 2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
Lets just figure out the main things like dinner, lunch, and bar hopping in between.

ok cool....if u have some time today could u make up a list of places...email it to me... eyelikeart@aol.com

I won't have time till tomorrow evening to compile my own...but at least we'll be able to get it up early next week... :D

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 01:03 AM
so u got anything yet B2TM? ;)

Backtothemac
Jun 10, 2002, 08:47 PM
No I have not. I got swamped at work today. I will get something together tonight and have it ready to e-mail you in the morning.

First time I have ever said this, but BUMP.

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 10:53 PM
First time I have ever said this, but BUMP.

not for me...

BUMP! :D

iGav
Jun 11, 2002, 05:30 AM
Also, the Absinthe House. Lets just figure out the main things like dinner, lunch, and bar hopping in between.

There's a place in New Orleans called the Absinthe House......... how kewl..... ;) :p

Mr. Anderson
Jun 11, 2002, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by iGAV

There's a place in New Orleans called the Absinthe House......... how kewl..... ;) :p

so you going to be there now, iGAV? you'd be travelling the farthest.....

eyelikeart
Jun 11, 2002, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by iGAV

he he he...yeah..."The Old Absinthe House"...

used to be an absinthe portal...but now it's just a bar...but the old water fountain which was used to pour over the sugar cubes & thus conjur up the green fairies is still around...

just a display though... ;)

Backtothemac
Jun 11, 2002, 09:03 AM

he he he...yeah..."The Old Absinthe House"...

used to be an absinthe portal...but now it's just a bar...but the old water fountain which was used to pour over the sugar cubes & thus conjur up the green fairies is still around...

just a display though... ;)

Yea, it is barely standing though. That thing has been there for a long friggin time. Eye. the list of places that I gave you on MSN yesterday were good starting points. One thing we have to consider is that when we meet everyone, they are probably going to have different tastes. We should be ready to go with the flow to some degree. I know the riverwalk would be great for Duke's wife and my wife. That way, we could slink off to a *cough* gentlemens club for a while. :D Don't let MrsBacktothemac know, or I will be in the doghouse bigtime :D

eyelikeart
Jun 11, 2002, 09:07 AM
I know the riverwalk would be great for Duke's wife and my wife. That way, we could slink off to a *cough* gentlemens club for a while. :D Don't let MrsBacktothemac know, or I will be in the doghouse bigtime :D

good point...don't forget the French Market....everyone loves paying too much for cr@p...he he he ;)

Now for the quoted part of my message...remember Bobby's wife (well ex now) Danan? We could probably get some VIP treatment if the other guys are interested. She's at the Hustler Club (formerly Maiden Voyage) managing I believe...let me know & I'll find out...

Backtothemac
Jun 11, 2002, 10:07 AM

good point...don't forget the French Market....everyone loves paying too much for cr@p...he he he ;)

Now for the quoted part of my message...remember Bobby's wife (well ex now) Danan? We could probably get some VIP treatment if the other guys are interested. She's at the Hustler Club (formerly Maiden Voyage) managing I believe...let me know & I'll find out...

Oh Snap!!! I remember when she got her fake boobs, and walked in and lifted up her shirt and said, hey tell me if they feel real!!! Man, do her and Bobby still talk? I thought the girl on Millionaire did not look like her. So did he remarry?

She manages the place. Man, I used to love Denan, when she had that little pink car. Oh, the memories.

eyelikeart
Jun 11, 2002, 10:32 AM
Bobby's not remarried...just dating that girl u saw...

Danan comes in here about once a month...she buys a cr@pload of stuff of the internet & has it all shipped here...that way UPS won't wake her up during the day...since she works nights...

Backtothemac
Jun 11, 2002, 10:39 AM
Bobby's not remarried...just dating that girl u saw...

Danan comes in here about once a month...she buys a cr@pload of stuff of the internet & has it all shipped here...that way UPS won't wake her up during the day...since she works nights...

God I miss these people. The last time they saw me I was about 215lbs. Now at 275! Bobby, Johnathon, and Darin have never even seen my daughter. Man, it is amazing how you get away from friends through the years. Next time you talk to Danan tell her I said hi. Just tell her Chuck from the Metal Rose days. She will remember.

eyelikeart
Jun 11, 2002, 12:49 PM
will do...

but still...if the guys want to go for some male entertainment...let me know...I can probably fix us up...u could tell hello yourself when u come... ;)

Backtothemac
Jun 11, 2002, 03:41 PM
will do...

but still...if the guys want to go for some male entertainment...let me know...I can probably fix us up...u could tell hello yourself when u come... ;)

Holly***** dude, MrsBacktothemac would flip, that is unless we can talk the ladies all into going. Now, that would be cool. Duke, what do you think, would the Mrs go for that?

eyelikeart
Jun 11, 2002, 04:00 PM
well I'm not really into it to be honest...but I was speaking generally...wasn't it u who mentioned some....cough....entertainment? he he he ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 11, 2002, 04:01 PM
Now, that would be cool. Duke, what do you think, would the Mrs go for that?

Ha, I don't think she'd really care one way or the other, she'd probably go, but we're only there for a short time, so I'm thinking that there are a few other *sights* to see besides that - and the drinks usually cost even more when you start with that.

Backtothemac
Jun 11, 2002, 04:21 PM

Ha, I don't think she'd really care one way or the other, she'd probably go, but we're only there for a short time, so I'm thinking that there are a few other *sights* to see besides that - and the drinks usually cost even more when you start with that.

Agreed on the drink costs, but Eye could probably hook us up on that. Now, one thing to understand as well, 24 hours in the quarter is like 128 hours anywhere else in the world. Time is different there. It really is weird. Have you ever been there? Eye, can you testify for me?

eyelikeart
Jun 11, 2002, 04:30 PM
Have you ever been there? Eye, can you testify for me?

haven't been to any of the clubs...

but it seems that everything just gets jiggier the later it gets...

oh...and be prepared to freak out on this one...

when u are out somewhere...u don't have to finish your drink before u go...they'll give u a big plastic cup to take it with u... :D

Backtothemac
Jun 12, 2002, 08:33 AM

haven't been to any of the clubs...

but it seems that everything just gets jiggier the later it gets...

oh...and be prepared to freak out on this one...

when u are out somewhere...u don't have to finish your drink before u go...they'll give u a big plastic cup to take it with u... :D

That is always a good one. The one that really kills me though is the drive through frozen drink shops. Yea, I will have a large (48 oz) 190 octaine! With a straw please. Oh, by the way, please don't drink and drive. :D

eyelikeart
Jun 12, 2002, 08:49 AM
Yea, I will have a large (48 oz) 190 octaine! With a straw please. Oh, by the way, please don't drink and drive. :D

I know...it's bringing a crack addict to a drug party...

although, u won't break any open container laws provided u do not actually stick the straw in the top... ;)

Backtothemac
Jun 12, 2002, 08:54 AM

I know...it's bringing a crack addict to a drug party...

although, u won't break any open container laws provided u do not actually stick the straw in the top... ;)

I tell people in Alabama about it, and they don't believe me. Then the first time that we go down there, they nearly fall out from it. Man, can you believe I am actually looking forward to a Lucky Dog. Sadomasacistic isn't it.

eyelikeart
Jun 12, 2002, 09:08 AM
I tell people in Alabama about it, and they don't believe me. Then the first time that we go down there, they nearly fall out from it. Man, can you believe I am actually looking forward to a Lucky Dog. Sadomasacistic isn't it.

I know...I still forget every time I am out of town that nobody knows what the hell a "go cup" is... :rolleyes:

and Chuck...as for the lucky dog...I think u need some help... ;)

Backtothemac
Jun 12, 2002, 09:22 AM

I know...I still forget every time I am out of town that nobody knows what the hell a "go cup" is... :rolleyes:

and Chuck...as for the lucky dog...I think u need some help... ;)

HA! I have to tell you that I love the sausage one. Man, that is a good dog, especially if you get it early in the day. If you get one at 2am. That is a different story all together. Oh, the memories are coming back to me.....

eyelikeart
Jun 18, 2002, 05:30 PM
so do we have anything close to a headcount for this thing?!

Backtothemac
Jun 19, 2002, 08:50 AM
so do we have anything close to a headcount for this thing?!

Me, you and Duke I know are going to definately be there.

eyelikeart
Jun 19, 2002, 08:56 AM

Me, you and Duke I know are going to definately be there.

Supposedly there are a few macrumors guys from Baton Rouge & New Orleans with whom I have talked a little bit who are going to come hang out.

Any word on those Alabama guys?

Backtothemac
Jun 26, 2002, 03:35 PM

Supposedly there are a few macrumors guys from Baton Rouge & New Orleans with whom I have talked a little bit who are going to come hang out.

Any word on those Alabama guys?

I think that it is just me, you and Duke. I made my reservations today at the Grenoble house, and they said that Duke had not made his yet. Don't know if he has. I have e-mailed him, but my internet is down at home, and haven't checked it here yet. Duke, what gives? Where you staying my brother.

oh, and BUMP!

eyelikeart
Jul 3, 2002, 08:27 AM
I was thinking that u guys should give me your itineraries so I know when to expect u. Will u be needing rides from the airport or are u going for the $20 cabfare downtown?

Backtothemac
Jul 3, 2002, 08:47 AM
I was thinking that u guys should give me your itineraries so I know when to expect u. Will u be needing rides from the airport or are u going for the $20 cabfare downtown?

We are driving in, if anyone needs a lift let me know. We will be there either Thursday night, or Friday morning.

eyelikeart
Jul 3, 2002, 08:52 AM
cool...so all we have to worry about is the duke then...

I'm sure it's still undecided as of yet...but let me know when u are coming into town then...

and I really wish the others who said they were gonna come would crawl out of the woodwork...:rolleyes:

Mr. Anderson
Jul 3, 2002, 03:27 PM
the duke and duchess are arriving at the airport at 7, staying in the room/suite next to b2tm at the grenoble house and leaving monday morning early.

So what's the plan?

My dog trashed my digital camera, so I'm not sure I'll be getting a new one before the trip. I'll have my regular 35mm and I'll possibly bring a digital video camera, but I'm not sure about that yet.

D

Backtothemac
Jul 3, 2002, 04:00 PM
the duke and duchess are arriving at the airport at 7, staying in the room/suite next to b2tm at the grenoble house and leaving monday morning early.

So what's the plan?

My dog trashed my digital camera, so I'm not sure I'll be getting a new one before the trip. I'll have my regular 35mm and I'll possibly bring a digital video camera, but I'm not sure about that yet.

D

Hell, yea! Well, me and the Mrs will arrive either Thursday night, or Friday. If thursday, then we will have the little one with us and will be a little limited in our excursions. he.he.
We are taking her to Baton Rouge Friday afternoon, and then coming back to NOLA. I figure lets hit the quarter Friday night. Party, and maybe eat dinner. Saturday the Mrs wants to head to the river wall and shop. Yea, like that is a surprise. Dinner, Party, etc. We will have a better feel once we all get together and meet. That way we can decide personal intrests and stuff. Maybe the ladies will want to shop, and we can go chase some liquor down! he.he.

I have my digital camera. HP 318i, so we can snap all the pics we want. 8mb, 128mb, and 64mb cards. So that is about 200 pics, plus I will have the iBook right there.

Molly Ringwalds on Saturday eye?

eyelikeart
Jul 3, 2002, 04:22 PM

Molly Ringwalds on Saturday eye?

he he he...very cool...yes I warned Darrin u are coming to town next week... ;)

duke...u need a ride from the airport?

I'm gonna try to call u tonite about the weekend plans B2TM...

do u guys have a preference as to which night we go out to dinner?

Backtothemac
Jul 3, 2002, 04:32 PM

he he he...very cool...yes I warned Darrin u are coming to town next week... ;)

duke...u need a ride from the airport?

I'm gonna try to call u tonite about the weekend plans B2TM...

do u guys have a preference as to which night we go out to dinner?

Na, any night is fine. The ole lady and I are going to cook in the room for maybe breakfest, but definately lunch. Duke, if you guys want, she can cook lunch for us all one day, or every day. Doesn't matter really.

Yea, give me a call. I will be home about 5:30

jelloshotsrule
Jul 3, 2002, 05:09 PM
this all sounds like it's going to be so cute........ ha!

enjoy

eyelikeart
Jul 3, 2002, 05:36 PM

Na, any night is fine.

cool...I'm thinking we should do it Saturday night then...it may be a bit hectic to go all out on Friday night w/the duke just getting into town...

we'll have better time for drinks & work up an appetite...

I'm still debating where we should go...depends on how much we're willing to spend...but u had some nice suggestions B2TM...;)

Backtothemac
Jul 6, 2002, 09:47 AM

cool...I'm thinking we should do it Saturday night then...it may be a bit hectic to go all out on Friday night w/the duke just getting into town...

we'll have better time for drinks & work up an appetite...

I'm still debating where we should go...depends on how much we're willing to spend...but u had some nice suggestions B2TM...;)

Yea, Saturday sounds like a plan. Friday will be hectic. Duke, you coming in on Friday, or Thursday. I think Ritas would be good. They have great food, and resonable prices. We will figure that out once we are there though.

eyelikeart
Jul 7, 2002, 05:29 AM
unless u have another idea B2TM...I was thinking Blue Bird Cafe for breakfast either Sat or Sun?

they have the best blueberry pancakes anywhere! :D

Backtothemac
Jul 7, 2002, 11:56 AM
unless u have another idea B2TM...I was thinking Blue Bird Cafe for breakfast either Sat or Sun?

they have the best blueberry pancakes anywhere! :D

That sounds like a plan to me! I love their pancakes! I cannot wait to get down there. :p

eyelikeart
Jul 8, 2002, 09:17 AM

That sounds like a plan to me! I love their pancakes! I cannot wait to get down there. :p

he he he....great! :D I haven't been there in months...I cannot wait to go back...

now I'm making a last call on those locals who said they wanted to come hang out...how are things on your end B2TM?

Backtothemac
Jul 8, 2002, 09:24 AM

he he he....great! :D I haven't been there in months...I cannot wait to go back...

now I'm making a last call on those locals who said they wanted to come hang out...how are things on your end B2TM?

Things are shaping up. We are leaving either Thursday afternoon, or Friday morning. If we leave Thursday, then we will have to take the baby to Baton Rouge on Friday morning, and if on Friday....well, you get it. Other than being broke everything is great :( We have had so much unexpected crap come up, but hey, we are coming, and we are still going to tear it down! hehe. We ain't that broke you know. Just looking forward to getting there. Although this is the first time that we are going to be away from Madison. Man, it already feels wierd. Too weird.

eyelikeart
Jul 8, 2002, 09:32 AM
he he he...

so I'm wondering....are we gonna end up hosting a hottub party in the wee hours of the morning after a night out on the town?? :D

Mr. Anderson
Jul 8, 2002, 10:23 AM
I'm not sure exactly what time we get in, I'll get the itinerary when I get home and let you all know. It might be 7ish or it might be that the plane leaves BWI at 7ish, which could make a huge difference.

D

eyelikeart
Jul 8, 2002, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure exactly what time we get in, I'll get the itinerary when I get home and let you all know. It might be 7ish or it might be that the plane leaves BWI at 7ish, which could make a huge difference.

D

well let me know if u want a ride downtown or not...I'm literally 5 mins away from the airport... ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jul 8, 2002, 10:28 AM

D

Backtothemac
Jul 8, 2002, 11:18 AM
Duke with a double post! What gives with that?!?! he.he.

We will be there Friday night, so let us know when you get there Duke. Just call our room.
C

eyelikeart
Jul 8, 2002, 12:43 PM
Duke with a double post! What gives with that?!?! he.he.

he he he....hey...anything's possible!! ;)

AlphaTech
Jul 8, 2002, 02:14 PM
My god.. the next thing we know, dogs and cats will be "sleeping" together... :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

eyelikeart
Jul 8, 2002, 04:58 PM
well I got the tix for the House of Blues show on Saturday night...

so now we have definite entertainment plans for those few hours starting at 9:00...he he he ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jul 9, 2002, 09:32 AM
horse hockey, now how did that happen. weird. So I got home last night and got busy doing stuff around the house, so I didn't check the intinerary. Cooked up a tasty dinner though - chicken breast marinated in olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon and taragon - grilled of course, with carrots roasted in the oven and then sprinkled with ginger, and a nice spinach salad, with apple cider vinegar/olive oil, dijon, honey dressing. Mmmmm, good.

We might take up the offer of the pic up at NOLA, lets see when the plane gets there.

D

Backtothemac
Jul 9, 2002, 09:41 AM
If Eye is busy, just let us know, and we can pick you up. Man, you guys are going to be worn out by the time you get there. Well, Tara is leaving Sunday, but I am staying till Monday. I have to meet with clients in NOLA. Then head to Lafayette Tusday, Pensacola Tuesday night. Then make a swing through the southern part of Alabama before heading home on Friday.

Man, it sucks to live on the road. he.he.

Backtothemac
Jul 10, 2002, 10:06 AM
OVER 6'! Now are you one of those guys that say they are 6'1 and yet they are 6'4? he.he. I can come pick you up, that isn't a problem at all, and we can have Eye meet us at the Grenoble house. Then drinks, drinks, drinks,....he.he.